This is a delicious French recipe all dolled up to be either Vegan, Vegetarian or Paleo. It has magic powers to get you healthy, help you lose weight, reduce sugar cravings, and it’s super yummy! I give you Broccoli Soup Supreme.
Broccoli Soup Supreme Recipe for Everyone
Vegans, Vegetarians, Paleos, and everyone else can eat and love this soup. Please enjoy, share with your friends and send me your feedback!
- 3 Large heads of broccoli, chopped (including stems!). Set aside 2-3 cups of florets chopped small to very small.
- 2 Large Vidalia or Spanish onions, chopped
- 1 box of broth (Veg broth for Vegans and Vegetarians — Organic Chicken Broth for Paleos)
- 1 cup water if needed
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional – I think ok even for Paleos b/c we will burn off the alcohol)
- salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
- In large fry pan, saute onions, oil on medium heat until soft and translucent. 15 mins.
- Add white wine and reduce. 5 mins.
- In large stock pot bring broth and chopped broccoli to boil. Turn down and simmer for 10 minutes until broccoli is tender but still bright green.
- Add onions to broccoli.
- Blend with immersion blender or in batched with (Vitamix) blender (much faster).
- Pour blended soup back into stock pot and add chopped florets you set aside.
- Cook for another 5-8 minutes until florets are tender and still bright green.
- Salt, pepper, season to taste. Cayenne can give a little kick. I like a lot of pepper. Just a suggestion.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Try browning the onions instead at slightly higher temp for a little longer. This adds a different, also delicious flavor.
- Smoked paprika gives it a Louisiana taste
- Sprinkle Nutritional Yeast on top for somewhat cheesy taste
- Add crumbled bacon (Paleo) or Fake Bacon (Vegan) on Top
You can print this recipe with the “Print Friendly” button under “Sharing is Caring” below. Or you can print this PDF version of the recipe right here: Broccoli Soup Supreme Recipe (PDF)
Please let me know how this turns out for you and any variations you add to it!
Thank you in advance for sharing on social media or via email if you found this helpful
[…] Broccoli instead of greens (with or without still using the spinach) […]
[…] Broccoli Soup – delicious French recipe that is also healthy! […]