If you like mushrooms and if you like mushroom soup, you will LOVE this recipe! I guarantee it! It’s unbelievable and pretty easy to make. All that and it’s healthy too! Did you know mushrooms super boost your immune system helping you fight off germs, disease, and tumors? It’s true! Here’s the recipe:
Tag Archives | vegan
Last month I read the article “The Soup That Changed My Life” featured in Readers Digest. The article sang the praises of this delicious and healthy soup that had a side benefit – weight loss. The article originally came from Eating Well. In my post I’m going to give you the basic recipe plus a few variations that I found to be yummy! Break out your Vitamix blender and let get ready to get healthy and skinny!
Ok so the title on this post is a tall order, but this recipe is up to the task! You don’t have to be a Vegan or Vegetarian to like this soup. All eaters will like this soup. I guarantee it! Not only will you love this, but you can enjoy a big smile afterward knowing that your just kicked up your healthy factor big time! Click through for the recipe.
Bottom line: yes, I do recommend buying a VitaMix 5200 blender. I bought mine 2 years ago. and I use it almost everyday! Why? Because:
- it saves me money on food that I can prepare cheaper than store-bought
- it makes me healthier – because it makes eating healthy food so easy and delicious
- it saves me time – most recipes take only seconds to process and clean-up takes only seconds also
- it’s so easy to use!
If you buy one, I’m sure you’ll fall in love with this extremely valuable and easy to use tool. I love it so much, I bring it with me when I travel to visit family. They all love the yummy, healthy treats I make with it, and I can’t stand to not use it while I’m away from home. Let me share with you some of the details of this amazing blender.
Photo by ann-dabney
This soup is first and foremost, delicious! But more than that this soup will:
- give you great nutrition– calcium, beta carotene, lots of vitamins and minerals
- prevent junk food cravings– why? because your body will have the nutrition it needs. When we don’t have enough nutrients, we crave junk food.
- give you plenty of fiber for a healthy digestive system
- help you lose weight – why? when you eat plant-based whole foods, your body naturally sheds excess weight. Want proof? Check out Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedmand and Kim Barnouin.
- help you reverse and prevent major life threatening diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and debilitating auto-immune diseases. Want proof? Check out The China Study by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II.
- easy meal for a few days. Cook once, eat for several days.
- give you a yummy eating experience! It’s the vegetables that make chicken soup taste good so give it a try!
So here’s the recipe: Continue Reading →
photo by foxrosser
In my last post I wrote about how to eat healthier with a whole foods plant-based diet. Whether you choose to switch to this kind of diet entirely or whether you want to just start taking small steps towards eating healthier, this soup recipe is a great place to start! And if you’re trying to lose weight, this is definitely one of the best things you can eat. It’s a whole meal in one pot. Continue Reading →