Did you know that your diet, if you’re like most Americans, is likely starving your cells of what they need to serve you best? Did you know that modern day diseases like diabetes, cardio-vascular disease, auto-immune diseases, cancer, depression, and more can be alleviated, avoided or cured altogether with diet?
If you want to feel your best, improve the quality of your life, and even shed some pounds, then read on and also check out the powerful video that could change your life (if you let it).
Your Cells Are Starving!
We are all made up of cells. About 100 Trillion, give or take, to be exact. And these little guys are busy 24/7 working to support us! All they are asking for are the right tools and building supplies to get their job done. If we give them that, they give us big energy, great health, bright skin, and a good mood. Raise your hand if you you’d like that!
The problem with the Western diet is that the food we eat is very low in nutrition, the building blocks and tools that our cells need. The best way to give them what they need is with a Paleo diet. This is a diet that closely mimics that of early man. The idea is that early man was around for a very long eating a diet that consisted mostly of vegetable, fruits, seeds, nuts, and wild meats/fish. Paleo man’s diet didn’t really include much grains and very little dairy, perhaps they ate eggs. Certainly there was no sugar or processed foods like chips and cookies.
Since early man was living on this diet for tens of thousands of years, the body was adapted well to this diet. The historically recent addition of grains and dairy is something that most humans are not able to digest well, causing problems of inflammation which lead to many diseases.
Early man was not eating bread, pasta, doughnuts, pretzels, milk, and cheese, and he/she was healthier for it.
Why Paleo Diet is So Good for You
Dr. Terry Wahls can best tell you why you should try this diet. Dr. Wahls completely cured herself of MS symptoms after years of progressive debilitation which left her wheelchair bound and unable to care for herself.
Desperate for a solution Dr. Wahls went back to biology. She researched what brain cells and cells in general need in order to function optimally. Her eventual solution was a Paleo style diet. Her recommendations are:
- East 9 cups of veggies and fruit daily: (3 green, 3 sulfur based, 3 colorful) to ensure you have enough B vitiamins, minerals, antioxidants. (Sulfur based: onions, garlic, cabbage family, mushrooms)
- Eat: greens, wild fish & meat, seeds, nuts) to get the essential fats you need
- Eat organic locally grown food as much as you can.
Here is her compelling video that won me over. If she could cure herself, imagine how healthy this could make you! The coolest thing is that with this diet you stop craving sugar, and real food tastes delicious.
Click here to go to her website. She has some free downloads with diet guidelines.
For more in depth info on why this diet benefits you, do yourself a favor and buy her book. It is a little more expensive than the average book because it helps support her research on how diet can reverse and prevent disease.
- Paper back version: Minding My Mitochondria by Dr. Terry Wahls
- Kindle version: Minding My Mitochondria by Dr. Terry Wahls
True Energy Food
If you are suffering with low energy, this is just the thing for you. By eliminating processed foods and sugar, and inputting nutritious foods, your body will repay you with lots of energy. This is because it will no longer struggle to fight off germs, filter out toxins, and combat the heaviness of inflammation (which so many of us have and don’t even realize it!).
Here are some great Paleo cookbooks, online cooking classes, and other references:
- Paleo Recipe Book: over 370 delicious recipes. Awesome pictures and 4 bonus guides including 30 day meal plan.
- Paleo In A Kitchen: Caveman Cooking Masterclass : The Ultimate Paleo Cooking Masterclass Developed By Expert Chef Justin Lord. All In Beautiful Hd, Over 70 Training Videos Taking Paleo Newbies All The Way Through To A Paleo Chef. Nothing Else Like It Available, Anywhere.
- Paleo Cookbooks – Complete Paleo Recipe Guide To Healthy Eating 2 recipe books that come with 5 extra Paleo based guides for free. Excellent pictures too. Especially good for athletes.
- Should You Buy a Vitamix? I definitely recommend it. Whether you eat Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian or simply American, the Vitamix blender makes eating healthy so incredibly easy. It’s my prized possession.
- Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton Ph.D. – This book is not on diet. Instead it covers the magic of biology of our cells. Combining what Dr. Lipton teaches with giving your cells what they need to function optimally is a great recipe for a healthy happy life! Highly recommend this exciting book!
More Paleo Recipes from Life Learning Today
Bookmark or subscribe so you can check back here often. Here are some recipes that are Paleo that are 100% tested for Yumminess and Health! 🙂 I’ll be adding more over time. The ones with no link yet are coming up soon!
Sweet Grilled Winter Chicken (use grassfed/organic chicken)
Creamy Vegetable Soup (leave out the beans for it to be strictly Paleo)
Green Soup!! (will change your life)
Broccoli Soup Supreme – French soup that will delight and is healthy too!
Salmon Salad Extraordinaire – if you like tunafish, you will LOVE this even more!
Chopped Salad – you’ve never had one this good!
Ultimate Smoothie Mix & Match Guide
What questions do you have about Paleo? Any experience with it? Would love to hear your thoughts!
If you found this article valuable, you can share it on Facebook or Twitter or via Email with the share links below.