Healthy Living, How To, Solving Problems June 18th, 2012
Any blender or any food container for that matter when used frequently can get a fine build-up of residue. There is a super simple way to remove it from your Vitamix blender and it doesn’t involve any harsh chemicals! You’re going to love this!
How to Clean Vitamix Blender
- Sprinkle baking soda inside your Vitamix blender.
- Pour about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of white vinegar into the blender.
- Swirl around. You will see a fizzing action occurring as the baking soda and vinegar react with each other.
- Add 2-3 cups warm/hot water.
- Run on high for 30-60 seconds.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Let dry.
Your container should be like new, sparkly and clear. And the vinegar will not only clean it, but also sanitize it by killing germs! Who knew?!
Don’t Do This with Your Vitamix
- Don’t clean your Vitamix in the dishwasher. (This will void their amazing warranty).
- Don’t use Comet or other abrasives.
- My suggestion: don’t use bleach. Vitamix says you can use a small amount for sterilizing once a month, but vinegar will actually give you the same result! Vinegar kills as much germs as bleach, but it won’t poison YOU!
Other Vitamix Resources
If you found this post valuable, please share it via email, Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon or your favorite social media below! Also, I would love to hear your feedback on how this works for you! Thanks!