This is a guaranteed delicious homemade eggroll recipe. It’s a little work just as all homemade food is, but you’ll know exactly what is in it, you’ll know it’s healthy, and once you taste it, you will swear that you will never eat anyone’s eggrolls besides these ever again!!
Please enjoy and please share!
Egg Roll Recipe
- 1 lb Italian sausages removed from casing (sweet or hot) (or chicken/turkey)
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 1/2 Inch of Ginger or 1T minced ginger
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions
- 1-3 t sesame oil
- 2 T Soy Sauce – divided into 1T and 1 T
- 1-2 T Olive Oil
- Egg Roll Wrappers (I used Nasoya) usually in produce section of grocery store
1. Preheat Oven to 425 F
In Food Processor (Or chop small by hand)
2. Chop Garlic and Ginger – set aside
3. Chop Carrot – set aside
4. Chop Onion and Cabbage – set aside
5. Chop Green Onion – set aside
In Dutch oven pot or large fry pan:
6. Cook pork (REMOVED FROM CASINGS) until cooked (browned if you like, but not necessary) – place on a paper towel lined plate to drain some oil. Remove excess oil. Set Pork aside to cool a bit.
7. Cook cabbage, onion, and carrots with some olive oil and 1 T Soy Sauce until soft – or the level of cooked that you like. Anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Some may like more or less crunchy/soft. – Remove from Pot and set aside in bowl.
8. Chop the Pork by hand or food processor until crumbly. Set aside.
9. Add pork back to the pot. Add Sesame Oil, Garlic, and Ginger. Cook on Med High for 1 min.
10. Add Green Onion Cook for 1 min.
11. Add back the Cabbage/Onion and 1 T Soy Sauce. Stir well until fully mixed and warm. Taste to see if it needs more soy sauce.
12. Use this mixture to fill and roll your eggrolls. The instructions will be on the package. All you need is to wet the final flap to secure.
13. Place eggrolls on a parchment paper lined cooking tray. Spray with oil sprayer or brush each eggroll with olive oil.
14. Cook eggrolls in oven for 15-25 minutes, turning once about halfway through. If you have a convection oven use that feature to get nice brown/crispy effect. Keep an eye on them for how brown you like them.
If you enjoyed this, please share on Facebook or your favorite social media site! And please share your feedback in the comments below!
Thank you for stopping by!