This is another followup on my post “Eating for Your Health.” If you’ve been meaning to add more fish to your weekly diet, but can’t seem to get yourself motivated, then try this recipe. It is so tasty and delicious, you won’t believe that it’s good for you!!! This is a Paleo recipe, but you don’t have to be Paleo to eat or enjoy this. Here’s the recipe:
Salmon Salad Extraordinaire Recipe
Salmon Salad Ingredients
Multiply this recipe to make larger batches. I usually make 2-3 cans at a time and put it in the very bottom of my fridge which is always really cold. It stays good for a few days if your fridge is below 40 degrees F. You can adjust the amounts of the veggies as you like, and leave out anything you don’t like. This salmon salad will be at least 1/2 veggies and 1/2 fish meat.
- 1 cans of Wild Salmon – no salt added.
- 1 leaf of Kake
- 1 carrot
- 1 green onion
- 1 red small cabbage leaf or 1/2 large leaf.
- 1 celery stalk
- 10 grapes hand sliced – about 3 slices per grape
- 1 Tbs slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbs mayo (Is this Paleo – not sure, but it’s not a big amount)
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard like Gulden’s.
- 1 Tbs Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice.
- If needed, salt & pepper to taste.
Salmon Salad Instruction
- Chop all your veggies in a food processor until they are small. This is the one I use and love: Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender. Or you can grate and chop by hand works too. Just takes little longer.
- Pour all veggies into big mixing bowl.
- Add Mayo, Mustard, lemon juice, curry, garlic powder & stir until blended well.
- Drain water from canned salmon and add to mixing bowl. Mix in well.
- Slice grapes by hand and add to mixing bowl. Mix in gently.
Serve with a cup of your favorite broth on the side, and a chopped salad. If you’re not Paleo, of course you can have this on some bread. You can also make some Paleo bread if you’d like -(just modify his pizza dough recipe for the bread).
How do you like to eat Salmon? Please let me know if you try this recipe and if you add any variations!
Thanks in advance for sharing with your friends!
What do you think? Click any platform below to comment or read other comments.