(next time I'll take a picture and add the image. Sorry no picture. Just trust me. Cook this and you'll love it!)
OMG! You will love these Swedish Meatballs. Never made these before until today and they are so good. This recipe can be converted to vegetarian by substituting Veggie “meatballs” and cream of mushroom soup instead of beef gravy. Please enjoy and let me know how you liked it!
Swedish Meatballs – YUM!!
- 8 oz Baby Portobello’s chopped thick
- 1 pkg Dried Shitake – reconstituted
- 1 pkg Dried Chanterelles –reconstituted
- Mushroom “Broth” from reconstituting the dried mushrooms
- Bunch of fresh Basil leaves chopped
- 4+ cloves garlic
- ¼-1/2 Vidallia or similar onion
- 1 can Campbell’s Beef Gravy
- 30 Frozen Precooked Meatballs (“Cooked Perfect” brand I used)
- 4 T Olive Oil
- ¼ t each: Cinnamin, Allspice, Nutmeg
- Salt/pepper to taste but likely won’t need any salt if using the gravy
Cook all on med heat, but not too high so nothing burns.
In deep fry pan sauté Onions in Olive Oil until soft.
Add Mushrooms, sauté til mostly cooked.
Add Garlic and Basil. Stir and sauté for 1 minute.
Add Mushroom Broth and Beef Gravy. Bring to low simmer.
Add Meatballs, Cinnamin, Allspice, and Nutmeg.
Simmer and stir occasionally for 20 minutes on low.
Serve with pasta or egg noodles, toasted crusty buttered bread and fresh salad with balsamic dressing.
Please let us know how this recipe turns out for you and any variations you made. Thank you in advance for sharing this recipe with your friends!
[…] Swedish Meatballs […]