If you are a dance performer, this post is for you. It will help you arrive ready at your performance with very little stress because you will have remembered everything! At the end of this post is a free Excel version of this checklist which you can modify according to your needs.
Checklist for Belly Dance Performance
1-2 Weeks Before Performance
- Choose Music
- Mix Music (if needed)
- Create and Learn Choreography
- Practice with friend for editing ideas
- Video Your Performance to Edit and Improve Your Choreography
- Purchase or Make costume, props, and jewelry.
1 Week Before Performance
- Full Costume Rehearsal including jewelry and props
- Create 2 Music CD’s
- Test both Music CD’s – preferably at the location/on actual equipment
- Assemble Your Costume Bag
- Create Your Personal Checklist of Items to bring.
1 Day Before
- Remove nail polish
- Shave legs, etc
- Plan your performance day with Timeframes for each activity.
- Plan when to start getting ready
- Plan when you will leave your house
- Allow for an extra 30 minutes in case of traffic.
- Be realistic about transition times between activities
Day of Performance
- Place your Costume Bag in the car or by the door
- Tape your Checklist on your front door
- Paint nails
- Style Hair
- Plan to arrive at least 1 hour before showtime to warm up, etc.
Costume Bag Checklist
- Jewelry (think arms, neck, ears, ankles, hands, head)
- Safety Pins
- Nail Polish & Remover
- Hair Brush
- Hair Spray
- Hair clips
- Hair curler or iron
- Pants, stockings, leggings
- Underwear and Bra
- Coverup for before performance
- Isis Wings
- Clothes to wear after performance
- Full length mirror if needed
- Music player
- Music CDs
- Healthy snacks
Belly Dance Performance Checklist is a FREE excel spreadsheet which you can download and customize.
Please share with your dance friends and if you have suggestions that I’ve missed, let me know in the comments so I can add them here and to the free spreadsheet bellydance performance checklist.