If you are looking to get some protein in your fruit smoothie, look no further. Here is a yummy recipe that I make in my Vitamix and drink most mornings after I work out. Don’t let the green scare you! It tastes sweet and delicious! Yum! Click through to read the recipe. Continue Reading →
Think you can’t grill in the winter? Think again. And I’m not talking about the George Foreman Grill. I’m talking about indoor grilling on your stove top using a cast iron grill. There are many to choose from. They are easy to use and easy to clean. Here is a quick marinade recipe that you can whip up quickly in your Vitamix blender. (the perfect gift for yourself!) Here is this simple and yummy recipe.
Here is a tasty and nutricious dressing you can make quickly using a food processor or a blender or even by hand if you need to. The recipe is “adjustable” to your taste. Read on for the recipe!
Have you “tried everything” to lose weight and not really had the success you’d like? Would you like to finally get the job done and feel good about yourself? What if I told you It Can Be Done, it’s (relatively) easy, and it won’t cost you anything for the advice? Would you listen? Would you do it? Ok here’s how.
Bottom line: yes, I do recommend buying a VitaMix 5200 blender. I bought mine 2 years ago. and I use it almost everyday! Why? Because:
- it saves me money on food that I can prepare cheaper than store-bought
- it makes me healthier – because it makes eating healthy food so easy and delicious
- it saves me time – most recipes take only seconds to process and clean-up takes only seconds also
- it’s so easy to use!
If you buy one, I’m sure you’ll fall in love with this extremely valuable and easy to use tool. I love it so much, I bring it with me when I travel to visit family. They all love the yummy, healthy treats I make with it, and I can’t stand to not use it while I’m away from home. Let me share with you some of the details of this amazing blender.
Photo by ann-dabney
This soup is first and foremost, delicious! But more than that this soup will:
- give you great nutrition– calcium, beta carotene, lots of vitamins and minerals
- prevent junk food cravings– why? because your body will have the nutrition it needs. When we don’t have enough nutrients, we crave junk food.
- give you plenty of fiber for a healthy digestive system
- help you lose weight – why? when you eat plant-based whole foods, your body naturally sheds excess weight. Want proof? Check out Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedmand and Kim Barnouin.
- help you reverse and prevent major life threatening diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and debilitating auto-immune diseases. Want proof? Check out The China Study by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II.
- easy meal for a few days. Cook once, eat for several days.
- give you a yummy eating experience! It’s the vegetables that make chicken soup taste good so give it a try!
So here’s the recipe: Continue Reading →
photo by foxrosser
In my last post I wrote about how to eat healthier with a whole foods plant-based diet. Whether you choose to switch to this kind of diet entirely or whether you want to just start taking small steps towards eating healthier, this soup recipe is a great place to start! And if you’re trying to lose weight, this is definitely one of the best things you can eat. It’s a whole meal in one pot. Continue Reading →