Creativity, Green Living, Healthy Living, How To, Recipes June 7th, 2013
If you like mushrooms and if you like mushroom soup, you will LOVE this recipe! I guarantee it! It’s unbelievable and pretty easy to make. All that and it’s healthy too! Did you know mushrooms super boost your immune system helping you fight off germs, disease, and tumors? It’s true! Here’s the recipe:
Best Mushroom Soup
You’ll notice that there is no milk or cream in this recipe. Fear not, creamy soup lovers! This soup is creamy and beyond delicious! You’ll be raving about this one to all your friends!
Mushroom Soup Ingredients
- 3 boxes of mushrooms. I use one of each: white button, baby portobellas, and shitake, chopped
- 1 large vidalia or sweet Spanish onion, chopped small
- 4 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 box broth – either vegetable or chicken or your preference.
- 4 Tbsp Flour (for Paleo you can use coconut flour) – I use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 refined white flour
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- (optional) 1/2 Cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp Agave nectar (Paleos- you can leave this out without much change in taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
Mushroom Soup Instructions
- In large deep fry pan Saute onion in butter and olive oil for 5 min on med – med/high heat. Cooking for translucence not browning.
- Add chopped mushrooms & spices. Saute on med to med/high for another 5-8 minutes, stirring to get all the mushrooms cooked.
- Add in minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in wine. Reduce til alcohol is evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
- Lightly sift in the flour and stir to get well blended in.
- As soon as it’s thickened with flour, add in the broth and stir in well. Bring up to simmer.
- Add agave nectar and stir in.
- Remove and blend approximately 1/3 of the soup. I recommend either an immersion blender or in batches with (Vitamix) blender. Blend either smooth or coarse depending on your preference.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please let me know if you try this and how it turns out. If you add any variations, please share those with us!
And if you like this, thank you in advance for sharing with your network, friends and family!