Ok so the title on this post is a tall order, but this recipe is up to the task! You don’t have to be a Vegan or Vegetarian to like this soup. All eaters will like this soup. I guarantee it! Not only will you love this, but you can enjoy a big smile afterward knowing that your just kicked up your healthy factor big time! Click through for the recipe.
Creamy Vegan Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3-4 tomatoes – whole
- 3-4 stalks celery
- 1 large onion – peeled and whole – no need to chop
- 1 elephant garlic clove or 3-4 small cloves – whole
- 1 red bell pepper -cleaned inside and out, no need to chop though
- 2 carrots – cleaned, whole
- 1-2 stalks leeks – cut off bottoms, and cut in half to clean all dirt, cut off top part of the dark green leaves
- Vegetable broth – enough to just cover all the veg (optional – cold water will work too)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- White beans – 1/2 to 1 can – optional. It’s good with or without them.
- Chopped mushrooms, 8 oz. – optional.
- 1/2 cup or up to 1 cup cashews.
Cooking Instructions Vegan Soup
- Combine all ingredients to a large pot except the cashews and mushrooms and salt/pepper.
- Cover all these ingredients with either the vegetable broth or cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until vegetables are soft.
- While soup is cooking saute the mushrooms in a little olive oil. Place to the side.
- When vegetables are soft blend the soup and cashews in batches in your Vitamix blender, leaving the beans at the bottom of the pot. Don’t blend these. If a few get blended that is totally fine.
- Add all the blended soup back to the pot.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms. (optional)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
It’s the cashews that make this soup creamy and dreamy. Believe me, I’m not even a big cashew fan, but they “do their job” so well in this soup. So tasty!
Serve with toasted Italian bread and dipping oil (olive oil and spices – salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, hot pepper flakes, garlic powder, etc)
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do! It yummy and extremely healthy! In fact it is actually my variation on “Dr. Fuhrman’s Famous Anti-Cancer Soup” from his book Eat to Live.
Curious About a Vitamix Blender?
Read my review here: Vitamix Review: Should You Buy One?
Let me know how this recipe comes out for you! And if you love it, please share it with your friends via email or Twitter or Facebook below. Thanks!