Just Be

on the fence
Creative Commons License photo credit: ShedBOy^

This time of year can be very stressful. Heck, any time of year can be stressful! Am I right, or am I right? Meditation is one of the best stress busters out there. But sometimes even those of us who meditate can use a fresh approach. Here is a simple and effective meditation to use to achieve the perfect chill-out.

Meditation without a Goal: Just Be

Sit in a quiet place in a comfortable position. Close your eyes and countdown from 10 to 1 while taking very slow deep breathes in and out, holding on both the inhale and exhale as is comfortable.

Once you are “there” then loosely focus on the following contemplation points, along with any others that open your mind beyond your daily struggles, goals, habits, and patterns. If you forget one or even all of the contemplation points, that’s ok. Just keep to the general spirit of the meditation.

Helpful tip: Very…..slooow….contemplation………..is…………….best.  Meditation can be done for 15 minutes or as long as feels right.

Contemplation Points:

Be. (just be. no intentional thoughts.  breathing. just be. “i am.”)

Be Slow. (slow heartbeat. slow breathing.  slow expectations. slow thoughts. slowwww.)

Be Open. (to yourself.  to messages from all around you and from inside you.  to new ideas.  to love.  to self-acceptance)

Be Enough. (for the moment.  in who you are.  in what you have.)

Just Be.

What would you like to say about this? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

, , ,

31 Responses to Just Be

1. clariceg December 23, 2009 at 5:01 am #

Nice post. All of your points are definitely right. 🙂

2. portland carpet cleaning December 25, 2009 at 2:10 am #

meditation brings a spirit of tolerance in you…
    thanks for sharing this post.

3. tommy December 29, 2009 at 1:27 pm #

good suggestion
    i’m using similar way, i’m meditate for 30munites and concentration to breathing ( only breathing ). why breathing? because that’s the simplest way, and not easy to relax our mind.
    i found that way from mine Asian friend

• agentsully December 31, 2009 at 4:43 pm #

@Tommy – excellent method as well! Thanks for sharing!

4. Ugis January 2, 2010 at 10:17 am #

Well timed suggestion for the end of the year.
    I would like to offer one for the beginning (as well as in the case if you can’t find a recess:-)). It is very similar but don’t require a quiet as well as a statical position. If you can perform a meditation mentioned above than I believe you could perform this one too.
    Instead of just seating and being or concentrating on breathing try to concentrate on a process you are doing right now. Whenever you exercise; drive a car; etc. No intentional thoughts, no judgments just plain action.
    Just try this from time to time and this will help to free some space in your “RAM”.
    Best regards to all in 2010!

• agentsully January 2, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

@Ugis – that’s a great suggestion. “Meditation While Doing” Thanks! I definitely could benefit from freeing up some RAM space in my brain! LOL.

5. Bakersfield California carpet cleaning January 4, 2010 at 11:12 am #

meditation has lot of benefits.it helps in taking quick decisions in critical situations. nice post….

6. Oxxio January 7, 2010 at 8:02 am #

Well I’m happy we’re in the new year again. All that stress in December. Your tips really helped a lot. It was better to handle than last year :).

7. maicle January 8, 2010 at 11:46 am #

Your method is excellent. Nice post

8. tony ramirez January 10, 2010 at 6:27 am #

Great Post, Thanks for sharing it 🙂
    I’ve tried meditating a couple times.
    I should really start doing it more often.

• agentsully January 11, 2010 at 3:19 pm #

@Tony – thanks. It really does work! Good luck!

9. Walter January 11, 2010 at 3:16 am #

I had a hard time mastering meditation, but you are right, I should take it slow. I need to be more open and contemplative. 🙂

• agentsully January 11, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

@Walter – good luck!

• agentsully January 24, 2010 at 5:25 pm #

@Walter – yes, take it slow and over time you will notice good results!

10. iStudio.com January 18, 2010 at 8:53 am #

Very nice work!, very unique and creative…

11. Roseanna Leaton January 19, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

To take time to just be is very important. To meditate daily is a way in wich to create balance in your life. Sometimes a cd can help to keep your focus.

12. chan January 24, 2010 at 10:21 am #

Nice method you used. Thanks for post.

13. family dentist March 1, 2010 at 6:40 am #

I have been told somewhat similar method for relaxation and meditation by my doctor and I practiced it for some weeks and it has helped me somewhat but now I am on medication as I needed a way to overcome my problems quickly.

14. straightener March 16, 2010 at 3:21 am #

yes, that’s true. when we grow up, we have to face more and more pressure, from every corner of the world. but we have to endure it, for we are no longer a child, we should do what we are destined to do, don’t we?

15. air games April 11, 2010 at 3:46 am #

Good advice. Keep it up

16. Relaxation cds July 27, 2010 at 1:01 am #

I agree, relaxation should be something soothing and easy to do – and easy to think about. Taking your time and going with the flow when practicing relaxation will take over in other areas too.

17. Tips for Body Building August 3, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

Thanks for the post, I find meditating after a workout at the gym is great. I like the picture for this post too, very calming.

18. Greg September 24, 2010 at 8:37 pm #

I’ll try it tomorrow! Thanks!

• AgentSully October 24, 2010 at 8:48 pm #

Hope it went well for you, Greg!

19. moonchild November 17, 2010 at 11:18 am #

I just happened to come accross this page just before it was time for my evening meditation…I have Bipolar and I meditate twice daily for twenty minutes without fail with a rotation of guided meditations and kundalini meditations….today I felt stumbling upon this was a sign and gave it a go. I have been asking myself a question for the last two months…after this meditation I was still enough to see the answer. I think sometimes we are so focused breathing or visualising that we dont just let our minds be…thank you I enjoyed this 🙂 (south africa)

• AgentSully December 28, 2010 at 8:11 pm #

Moonchild – Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind words. Hope to see you back here!

20. Terri Besaw May 15, 2011 at 9:17 am #

Great article on meditation. Meditation can be performed in so many ways and in this world that is full of fast pace non stop information we forget the simple things that really make life meaningful and going back to the basics of just taking in the moment. Thanks for the reminder to just be.

Terri

• AgentSully June 24, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

@Terri – thank you for sharing! Please come again!

21. nick July 14, 2011 at 6:51 am #

It’s lonely~~

22. Andy King September 3, 2011 at 2:04 am #

I loved this post.
    This one is right way to get rid of stress, depression and anxiety.

Thank you for writing very useful post for us.

1. What To Do When You Are Tired | Life Learning Today - August 13, 2012

[…] or Nap. Set your alarm, close your eyes and let the world go for 10-20 minutes and Just Be. Gosh, whenever I do this, seriously, it works like magic. In a chair, lying on the floor, anyplace […]