Maybe God is Trying to Tell You Something

Boa semana!
Creative Commons License photo credit: Ana_Cotta

I love the song, “Maybe God is Trying to Tell You Somethin’,’” from the Color Purple soundtrack.  It is a very passionate and moving gospel song. Every once in a while, something happens in my life where I can hear a message from God. It’s not always earth shattering, but even when it is a simple message it is still a delightful intermission from my usual mundane thought patterns. Hopefully this story will spark your interest to  adjust the dial on your “tuner” in order to hear the messages you may be receiving right now.

I got a cold recently. The worst part was that it made me so tired. So tired, in fact, that I had to take a nap nearly each day. I never take naps so this means my body was really tired. After 5 days I thought it was gone and so I resumed my normal routine.

The following day the cold came back the next day. Arg. That was frustrating. This cycle of feeling better and then relapsing kept happening. Finally after the 3rd time it came back, I sensed there was a message and also some “assistance” from God. The message was “slow down” and the “assistance” was that I was finally able to sleep normally again after about a month of quasi-insomnia.

My insomnia was caused by worrying too much about, well, everything. Work, family, health, etc.  I would wake up at 2am and worry for 3 hours while wishing I could go back to sleep. The problem was that a habit had formed and I was getting better and better at worrying, a skill which serves no one well. The kicker was that I really didn’t have anything to be worried about. I was worried about possible problems. Not very productive!

By having this cold and a bonus case of poison ivy too, God effectively removed my ability to worry in the middle of the night. I was too tired at night and too itchy when awake to think of anything else. The worry habit was interrupted which is all I needed to kick the habit!

The situation of repeatedly healing and relapsing is similar to training a dog to do something  You must repeat the training over and over again. For a while the dog doesn’t get it. But as the training continues, at last, the dog finally understands the message and then they learn the lesson. Once the lesson is learned it is important to be reminded of the lesson and to practice it.

Each time I felt better, I was like my dogs. I wanted to go back to my normal routine, doing too much and not taking care of myself, but everytime I did God gave me a “correction” to convey his message of “slow down and stop worrying.”

Now you could say “All you had was a cold, there’s no ‘message from God’ there.” Maybe you’re right. But, here’s the thing, I find that when I finally “tune in” and listen to these little messages, which for me are usually “slow down,” and “stop worrying,” my life definitely improves.

I think it is God. I still have many questions and doubts about God, but for me I can’t dismiss the idea of God simply because my senses are not keen enough to perceive God in the way I think he should be perceived. Or maybe we are perceiving God all the time in the form of witnessing the amazing abundance of life on earth, but, like dogs in training, we are missing the obvious. We don’t see how life IS a manifestation of God.

In slowing down I had the opportunity to read a neat book that helped open my imagination up to the possibilities of what God and heaven really are. I recommend checking out “Life After Death” by Deepak Chopra. In the recent past when explaining heaven and God to my son with the explanation that they are “up there” in the sky, I found myself having difficulty imagining where that really is and what that’s really like. In “Life After Death” Chopra paints a picture that is more expansive, vivid, and believable than I have been able to conceive on my own.

So what about you? Have you experienced something recently that may have held a message for you? Please share your story with us. Perhaps telling your story will help someone. Or maybe telling your story will be like a key unlocking a message that you can  finally receive. Either way, thank you for reading and for sharing! May you hear the messages the universe is sending you, and may it bring you peace and joy!

, , , ,

51 Responses to Maybe God is Trying to Tell You Something

1. analycer July 22, 2009 at 7:28 am #

Amen :)

2. ballwell July 25, 2009 at 1:13 am #

sorry. . i don’t have a dog

3. Micheal July 25, 2009 at 12:22 pm #

Just live you life what it is. Don’t care too much about others. You’ll be fine

4. Moni July 25, 2009 at 1:51 pm #

great Post……..really liked it

5. Sharon July 27, 2009 at 12:54 am #

A friend of mine once asked … “if you could do anything today, what would it be?” and I said gardening.

I distinctly remembered that I love to garden. It was a calming, therapeutic way of stepping away from the big, bad, stressful world.

He asked me when the last time I did that and I said “about 10 years”.

No wonder I’ve been so grumpy to a point of mental instability :) So, I’ve gone back to my hobby of gardening at least twice a week, and planting a new seed once every month. I have a very nice garden now :) and people think that I’m almost bareable to be around.

Keep it up. We all need a break to feel refresh to do the same cycle again in the mornings.

• agentsully July 29, 2009 at 2:10 pm #

@Sharon – That’s so cool! Thanks for sharing. I’ve been gardening this summer too – a vegetable garden. It’s a lot of work, but it is so much fun to watch it grow! And I can’t wait for the veggies that will come. We also started composting and that is fun too knowing that instead of sending our garbage to a landfill that we will be creating rich soil for next year’s garden!

6. Online math tutor July 27, 2009 at 2:03 am #

yea! sure i have a interesting incident to share… god to me is like a best pal.. who listens to my non sense talk all the time… he is kinda my best buddy…. its about a month ago… i woke up and felt terribly bad.. i don’t know why… but i did felt really bad… the hysteria was so strong that i ended up in tears.. i didn’t ate my breakfast… and i was like crying.. since i am not a news and newspaper person… so i didn’t had any idea that.. Michael Jackson is no more…. and it was 12 in the noon when my friend called me and told me that MJ was no more… i felt really upset he was my idol… i am today a dance teacher just because of his inspiration… i think that crying that morning was a motion form god.

• agentsully July 29, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

@math tutor – despite the questions that remain about MJ’s questionable behavior with children, it is still very sad. I hope that his children find peace eventually.

7. fiona July 28, 2009 at 3:23 am #

Thank you for the insight!

8. Back Pain Orange County July 29, 2009 at 6:07 am #

Wonderful post. Its good to know that there are people around who still value the spiritual side of things…

9. Zerona July 29, 2009 at 6:11 am #

What a cute dog!!!!
    BTW, Beautiful post… The dog grabbed my attention first though. But I’m glad it did.

10. lawrence July 30, 2009 at 3:48 am #

inspiring

• agentsully August 6, 2009 at 2:49 pm #

@Lawrence – thanks for saying so!

11. Everything Counts August 1, 2009 at 12:08 pm #

I really appreciate the view expressed by everybody over here. Thanks to all for sharing.

12. Hina August 2, 2009 at 3:22 am #

The dog is very useful animal.thanks………

13. somemap August 4, 2009 at 1:25 pm #

yeah.. I thought we have to believe that God always send a message to us in unexpected way… unfortunately, many people do not realize this…!

14. Cheryl August 5, 2009 at 10:50 am #

Very nice and enlightening!

15. Good Dog Breeds August 7, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

Good food for thought. That pup is an absolute cutie BTW>

16. Memory Improvement Techniques August 14, 2009 at 2:10 am #

I also believe that whatever that happens to us, there’s a sign of GOD that he’s touching us some lessons.
    -Jandale Trivia Questions

17. Eymir Köyü August 19, 2009 at 2:06 pm #

Really nice blog. An interesting article

18. Roseanna Leaton August 23, 2009 at 7:20 am #

Nice post.
    I think we should all listen to our intuition more often. Your body is always a reflection of what is happening in your mind. If you get a physical symptom (like your cold), your body is generally trying to tell you something. Have you read Louise Hay’s book “You Can Heal Your Life“? It has one section devoted to the likely psychological causes of most illnesses; it makes for an intersting read and in my experience is nearly always correct.

• agentsully September 29, 2009 at 7:16 pm #

@Roseanna,
      Thanks for the book recommendation! I will look that one up! Thanks again for commenting!

19. Akhil August 26, 2009 at 3:56 am #

hiya!!!!!!!! it is very rightly said that there is always an act of God that govern your actions. This thing is very much confusing in all real terms that everyone thinks that it is he or she who have led the actions take place. But the very reason that one is not able to understand that there is always a force which governs your actions and that it is nature. So get to know more about it and the answers and dilemna are all over. Indeed, a very good article….belive in you and keep your eyes and ears wide open to get the indirect message.

• agentsully September 29, 2009 at 6:07 pm #

@Akhil – thanks for your contribution!

20. Tips dan Trik SEO August 31, 2009 at 10:22 pm #

Great post…thank u for sharing to us :D….God is good all the time..HE always care to us, give us guidance to walk through the life…:D

regard
    -ALFRED- :D

21. swap council September 2, 2009 at 6:17 am #

If I were you I would say yes,
    Speak Lord,
    Speak to me
    Well you can’t sleep at night
    And you sure wonder why
    Well maybe God is trying to tell you something
    You cry all night long
    Something has gone wrong

22. gizemli s?rlar ve olaylar September 6, 2009 at 9:32 am #

interesting blog..very good!

23. SEO Workgroup September 7, 2009 at 8:47 am #

Thanks for sharing. Its good to know that there are people around who still value the spiritual side of things…

24. Puppies September 9, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

Love the article picture. Cute puppies are my favorite.

25. bilal September 11, 2009 at 9:20 pm #

nice article, keep sharing such good stuff.

26. Oyiq September 15, 2009 at 3:51 am #

We can only find how to just let God determine the outcome of what we do

27. Lori September 18, 2009 at 11:53 pm #

I love this post! It made me think of other things. I will definitely look for more of your blogs.

• agentsully September 24, 2009 at 3:10 pm #

@Lori – thanks for your comment! So glad you liked it and I hope to hear from you again!

28. google September 28, 2009 at 6:01 pm #

Good food for thought.

29. N. H. M. October 6, 2009 at 3:53 am #

I enjoyed this paragraph and I repeatedly read, deep and beautiful …..

30. Sandeep Goyal October 9, 2009 at 7:21 am #

Gr8!! idea and a great blog. Its good to know that there are people around who still value the spiritual side of things…

31. Barbara October 15, 2009 at 5:16 am #

Waw… great idea and good job.It made me think of other things. I will definitely look for more of your blogs.Thanks!

32. Donna November 13, 2009 at 1:28 pm #

Very inspiring- we all need to slow down and just take time to tallk to God-He is always listening, as we need to do more!

33. tommy December 13, 2009 at 1:44 pm #

your heart voice is the sound of god.
    whatever the result comes that is the best choice!

34. Exotic Locations May 22, 2010 at 8:23 pm #

Being sensitive to god’s voice can be hard if we are preoccupied with so many things. We need to “Be still” so we can hear.

35. Dinle Tr September 26, 2010 at 8:02 am #

interesting blog..very very good!

36. statistics homework answers January 27, 2011 at 7:59 am #

Liked your interpretations, I truly agree, God is always trying to tell us something. I was down with fever for the last week and I thought the same, may be God wanted to show that I have to spend some time with my family!

37. Jeswin February 22, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

RELIGION CANNOT SAVE A MAN, BUT GOD CAN.
    (Bible: Isaiah 59:1: Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:)

Jesus Christ came to the world as His own creation born to His own creation, but with pure undefiled blood and flesh just to make himself a sacrifice for his creation, “man.” He was not born to man as a man would be born, but he had to come as a natural man, so that no man says what do you know of man’s pain for you just landed from heaven. Man through disobedience (which is sin) brought death into his/her life. (Death here means not just passing out of this world, but entering hell to suffer forever without any break or interval.)

God made man in his own image. (Bible: Genesis 1:27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.) Man is Body (where you can feel heat, cold, pain, etc), Soul (from where your feelings originate like love, hatred, etc), and Spirit (the life inside man) (Bible: Genesis 2:7: And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.) GOD (Bible: 1 John 5:7: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.) is Father (father of all creation), Son [also known as The Word (Bible: John 1: 1, 2, 3: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.)] He is not a son to the father as is a son to his father in mankind. His existence with the Father is from the beginning, but is his name is Son as he obeys the Father in all, but a co-exister with the Father), and the Holy Spirit (or God’s Spirit). God being infinite can separate himself into three different beings, yet he is the same one God. When you call on the Father or the Son or the Holy Spirit, they will all look at you and respond to you for He is one. Man being three Body, Soul, and Spirit is one and has one name for all the three. When you are called by name all the three in you respond as one or else you are sleeping or in subconscious or unconscious state.

So God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Three but One) and Man is Body, Soul, and Spirit, (three but one), the mirror image of God.

After a man passes out of this life, he gets a new body which does have feelings as the earthy body, but is not consumed as the worldly body. For example, if the man goes to hell, he will burn in its fire and will experience of the pain of fire without getting consumed or charred, so he continues to burn forever and experiences the pain forever. His yelling, crying, etc will not get him any help. So man will always be three-in-one and a single being always, whether he is on earth, heaven, or hell.

Man through sin earned death (Hell fire suffering). God did not want put off with his creation because of his disobedience, but wanted to correct him and make him obedient to God himself. So, he allowed animal sacrifice, painful to listen, but why? The reason is Life for Life. Even the most healthy body without blood is a dead body. Life belongs to God. Blood which is the visually visible part of life belongs to God that is why many non-vegetarian Jews and Christians do not eat blood. When a man sins/disobeys God, gets the curse of death (Hell suffering) unto himself/herself. Before Jesus Christ came as a sacrifice for man, the Priest would take the blood of the sacrificed animal, which was sacrificed for the man/woman, family, or a society to the presence of God in the Temple of God and sprinkle it at the presence of God pleading for mercy for the one or more for whom the sacrifice was made saying life has been taken, let the ones who brought the sacrifice be saved from death (Hell fire). Did people change after they made their sacrifice???????

In order to put out animal sacrifice and bring change in the heart of man [using God’s sacrifice to put out our sins including bad habits that are pleasures that harm oneself or even others, which one might find hard to give up using God’s grace (2 Corinthians 12 :9: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.)], God’s plan for man/woman, His most loved of all his creation (Bible: John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.) was to blot out sin/disobedience to God from man along with the death (Hell fire suffering) that comes with it. So, God sent His Son, His only begotten Son, i.e. God himself to replace the animal sacrifice that His blood be shed for mankind and no more of animals and that is the reason for Jesus Christ coming as man and performing the sacrifice and taking upon Himself all the pain that a man/woman would experience in hell forever if he/she went there and cancelling the hell suffering in that person who believes, accepts, and obeys Jesus Christ and He returned to Heaven (Bible: Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us). (Bible: 1 John 5:11, 12: And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life). And for sure He is coming back to take his reward for all the hard work he has done for man. Meaning those who are His will be safe, happy, and with all the goodness of life without any sin or defilement forever with Him as his children (Bible: Romans 8:17: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.), but others to Hell (2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9: In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;) where his anger is revealed forever.

A man can get blessings for this life from any god, but to get life in Heaven with God forever, (that is escape Hell fire suffering) Jesus Christ alone can give.

When a person accepts Jesus Christ into his/her life there is joy and happiness untold, but does not know from why so much of joy, the reason is that the soul within that person knows he/she has escaped Hell fire suffering, this is confirmed when the soul gets connected with its creator strengthening the conscience of the person in God.

As on date animal sacrifices cannot deliver anybody from their sins for Jesus Christ has performed all the sacrifices needed for mans salvation (escape from Hell fire suffering), all that a person needs to do is accept ones fault even of not knowing God in the way one should (for example if a child called a person daddy who is not his father [but his father’s enemy], the father will feel bad and will be accounted as sin) and ask God to come into your life. Jesus Christ will wash you with his Blood that was shed for you and make you his clean child and your job after becoming his child is to obey his word and live the life He desires so you walk with Him on earth with the best future ahead of you.

Remember God is God and no one can make an image of Him, though he took the form of man and lived as man for the sake of mankind, he is no man to make an image off (Bible: Exodus 20:4, 5, 6: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.) God is spirit (Bible: John 4:24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.), God is light (Bible: John 8: Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.), God is God worship him as He is (Bible: Isaiah 45:22: Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.). No man, no creature, no statue, or anything you name can represent God. God is God and he will not share his Glory with any other (Bible: Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.), for He knows if he did share His Glory with another that will cause confusion.

If you are interested in eternal life with Jesus Christ, accept yourself as you are before Him wherever you may be now. Make a small prayer (i.e. talk to Him consciously meaning every word; talk to Him freely as a child would to its earthy father) asking Him to forgive you of all that your consciousness convicts you with and also of not knowing Him though out of ignorance or willingly and ask Him to wash you with his blood. Then ask Him to come into your life (for we are like a house where if God dwells we will he his temple and if bad habits dwells then the fallen spirits of this world could find place in you). When you allow God in your life, he will be God to you in every situation in your life as long as you are in Him. He will be your Eternal Father and friend in every circumstance of your life and you will find freedom in Him. Your soul will rejoice for the future you have provided it with. This is the reason one rejoices when Jesus Christ comes into ones life. This is not by force, but by ones own will.

God bless you.

38. thrasheri @ tabata timer June 1, 2011 at 12:45 am #

Very inspiring post :) aww the puppy was so cutee :)

39. Nacy Washington October 17, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

This was just what I needed! I am going to set up a blog because I believe that God has inspired me to do so. However, I still have doubts about its success. Now I’m excited to hurry and get it set up and leave the outcome up to the Lord. Thanks You!

• AgentSully November 22, 2011 at 7:06 am #

Thank you Nancy! Wishing you all the best!

40. NJW October 19, 2011 at 4:22 pm #

Very inspiring,looking foward to starting a blog due to this encouraging post.

41. danica ragsac October 31, 2011 at 2:05 am #

I thought what i read was really true. I have always had this gift of knowing what happens when people i know react, or some things that happen to me actually end up happening. Also i get messages from God in the form of text messages from this girl i know. She never texts me unless something bad is happening in my life. I have had many different situations occur and every message it’s a Bible verse that relates to what me or my husband and i are going through. It’s totally freaky but so true. I also get messages through fortune cookies. I will admit some dont relate to my life at all, but more of them do then dont. I keep reminding myself there is a God out there that loves me and is willing to take care of me no matter where i am in life… but i have to want to reach out to Him for his love in return.

• AgentSully November 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm #

Danica- thank you for sharing your experience. I think you are right about us needing to be open on looking for that love to receive it. Please visit again!