Do You Want to Change Your Life? Do You Want to Live as Long as Possible?

Perimeter Health Plan

photo by roland

This is a guest post by a good friend of mine who wishes to publish this anonymously.

MAKE A PLAN AND STICK TO IT

Is your weight or health a problem that needs addressing? Do you want to be healthier, lower cholesterol, lower your risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer, get rid of that belly, and get rid of all the worry over health issues? Do you want to lose weight, have more energy, feel better, be more active, do more, be more productive and be sharper mentally; in short do you want to be happy? If so, you need a PLAN.

All diets work if you are committed. But then you return to your life and the problem is back. Solving a problem requires thought. Who knows you, your problem and your life as well as you do? Not all the diet planners out there. We can learn from their strategies and although we all share many of the same traits, your combination of needs is unique. One size does NOT fit all.

You need to MAKE A PLAN THAT SUITS YOU AND THAT YOU CAN LIVE WITH. You know you can’t have it all. You can’t eat everything you want and still have all those things listed above, good health, long life and freedom from health worries. YOU NEED TO MAKE SOME FIRM DECISIONS AND STICK TO THEM LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT, BECAUSE IT DOES. YOU CAN DO IT. I know you can because I am doing it. It is a work in progress, always will be and I am loving it.

You can live, feel well, think, remember, walk without pain, have restful sleep, satisfy your hunger and enjoy this incredible world by just giving up a FEW things, and by being committed to and focused on a FEW SMALL CHANGES in your life.

Think of it VISUALLY. Set YOUR PERIMETERS. Create the SPACE wherein your life and health are secure and you are pleased with yourself. Decide on the BOUNDARIES OR BOARDERS beyond which you will not go, beyond which you know and feel your health and life are in jeopardy. In the jumble that is life, this space will always be unmovable steady ground you can rely on.

Is sugar an issue? Does it affect you like a drug? Does it reduce or eliminate your desire for nutritious, less processed foods like vegetables and whole grains? If you find it extremely difficult or impossible to limit sweets and deserts, if sugar is something you cannot control, if it is an address or a place that controls you, DON’T GO THERE. DON’T LET IT GET INTO YOUR HEAD. DON’T LOOK AT IT AT THE CHECKOUT COUNTERS. CERTAINLY TURN OFF ITS COMMERCIALS, SKIP THE BAKING RECIPES IN THE “DECOR” MAGAZINES, AND FOR LIFE’S SAKE REFUSE TO EVEN REMEMBER THE EXPERIENCE OF PROCESSED SUGAR. MOVE ON. YOU CAN. Make that barrier strong. It will protect you.

The SUGAR thing is mine, the #1 point in my plan, the barrier I don’t cross.
The other points or signposts in my plan are:
#2 TRANS FATS (UNHEALTHY FATS – FRIES ETC) – NO WAY. I stay away from there.
#3 SATURATED FATS (DAIRY ETC) AND WHITE FLOUR – boundaries I cross with caution.
#4 HEALTHY FATS (OLIVE OIL, NUTS), WHOLE GRAINS AND PORTION SIZES – have flexible boarders.
#5 EXERCISE – YES, definitely an essential piece of my “rock”, my safe space. A 40-60 minute walk, 6 days/week, that’s -200 to -300 calories a day.
#6 CALORIES – I count them, roughly, in units of 50 or 100, 200 etc. Lots of portions can be estimated this way eg 1 slice of bread, 100 c. It gives me a close estimate and that’s all I need. I do some guessing but I also read labels. I pay attention. I Tally during the day & I keep a daily journal. I eat between 1200 & 1900 calories a day. It’s flexible. I estimate I’m loosing a little over a pound a week.
#7 LATE NIGHT EATING – only if the hunger will keep me awake, and then only something small.
#8 ADEQUATE SLEEP – YES, another essential piece of my rock – 8 hours a night.
#9 PACING MYSELF – YES, I watch the time I spend on things. I avoid exhaustion & I try not to get sick.
#10 USING A SCALE TO TRACK MY WEIGHT – Definitely NOT in my plan or my safe space, too much pressure. Instead I look in the mirror & see my clothes getting loose.
#11 THINKING ABOUT FOOD – having to shop for and plan meals can be a minefield, a dangerous and distracting place that requires vigilance and focus. I block thoughts and memories of foods I have trouble limiting.
#12 PRACTICING PATIENCE – YES, YES, YES.

But this is MY PLAN, a slow non-spartan plan that I can do. What can YOU do? What do you and your life require? Decide on a PLAN THAT INCLUDES REAL CHANGES BUT ONE THAT YOU THINK YOU CAN STICK WITH. EVEN SMALL CHANGES, CONSISTENTLY HELD TO, WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Make REAL changes and you will have real results. AND BE PATIENT.

SETTLE BACK AND RELAX. DON’T LOOK FOR RESULTS. LET THEM FIND YOU, SURPRISE YOU. THEY WILL HAPPEN. JUST LET THEM COME. Be confident and at peace in the knowledge that you have made REAL changes, CHANGES YOU CAN LIVE WITH. DON’T STRESS OVER THE RATE OR PACE OF THE RESULTS. KEEP IN MIND that REAL changes have got to produce real results. Don’t think in terms of days.Think in terms of weeks and months and years. You have the rest of your life to enjoy the security and freedom from anxiety that will accompany you on this adventure.

One last thing. DON’T EVER ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF. It will sabotage you.You are not being deprived. These are YOUR decisions. YOU are CHOOSING to live, to get up each day, rested, lighter, satisfied with yourself and ready to go, rewards to which NO chips or fries or desert binge can begin to compare. There will be no need for a vacation FROM or a reward FOR keeping to your plan because your plan IS the thing you needed and wanted most in this world. It will keep you here as long as possible.

It’s really as simple as that. If YOU have a problem THINK AND DECIDE on YOUR solution. MAKE A PLAN AND STICK TO IT. Keep to the plan and it will hold you up. It will carry you. You will see and feel results and your life will be better and longer.

This is how I set up my plan, how I started. This is what I wrote down for myself:

THE PLAN: THE ANSWER TO – “I NEED A PLAN” (BECAUSE WITHOUT ONE MY LIFE IS CHAOS AND I DON’T STAND A CHANCE OF CHANGING IT)

YES OR DAILY:
1 WALK
2 SALAD
3 OLIVE OIL & VINEGAR & SPICE HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING
4 LOTS OF VEG (AVOCADO, LOTS OF GREENS)
5 LEAN PROTEIN (FISH)

3 HAMBURGER WITH BUN
4 CHEESE, MILK
5 ONE SLICE PIZZA
6 FRIED FISH (OLIVE OIL)
7 EGG
8 BAKED POTATO
9 GRILLED CHEESE (OLIVE OIL)
10 HOMEMADE CRAPES
11 LEAN HAM &/OR BACON
12 OJ, CRANBERRY JUICE
13 FRUIT
14 CHOCOLATE RICE MILK(IN COFFEE, 1/DAY TREAT)
15 STUFFING
16 RED WINE (1/4 CUP A DAY)
17 HONEY (TEA) MOLASSES(BBQ SAUCE)

NO, NO, NO:

1 PURE REFINED SUGAR,CANDY,CAKE ETC
2 TRANS FATS (FRIES)
3 BUTTER
4 MAYO
5 SALAD DRESSING
6 DIET SODA

OTHER POINTS:

1 CUT PORTIONS IN HALF TO START
2 HAVE MORE IF NECESSARY TO SATISFY HUNGER
3 EAT PROTEIN OR NUTS TO SATISFY HUNGER
4 GET ENOUGH SLEEP (8 HOURS/NIGHT)
5 PACE YOURSELF DURING THE DAY-DON’T GET EXHAUSTED
6 DO THE WALK NO MATTER WHAT, DO YOUR BEST, PUT IN THE TIME
7 KEEP DAILY TRACK OF CALORIES, EXERCISE & SLEEP
8 DON’T FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF
9 REVIEW THIS PLAN OFTEN
10 BE PATIENT. THIS IS FOR LIFE. YOU HAVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE TO SEE RESULTS. (BY THE TIME YOU DIE YOU’LL BE LIKE BENJAMIN BUTTON)
11 KEEP ALIVE THE MEMORY OF HOW YOU LOOKED AND FELT BEFORE YOU MADE THE CHANGES
12 RECOGNIZE THAT EVEN THE SMALL CHANGES ARE ACHIEVEMENTS. DON’T MINIMIZE THEM. VALUE THEM.

After 2 and 3 weeks on my plan I THOUGHT I was beginning to see changes in myself. I decided to be calm and patient and I wanted to continue because I was feeling better and walking easier (belly not weighing me down as much). At 4 weeks the results were definitely not imagined. My clothes were looser. I was looking better.

Stuff happens: parties, entertaining, restaurants, paying bills, taxes, work, family obligations. I need a plan, a structure that helps me stay on course. Maybe a plan would help you too. I also need to review, to keep my eye on the plan so I don’t drift off course.

One thing I find really helpful is to start a meal with a hot cup of coffee, delicious. Life is good. Good luck.

Additional Resources.

• The Secrets to a Healthy Life by K. Stone. This is an ebook by Life Learning Today author, K. Stone, on healthy living that details the easiest way to lose weight covering diet, exercise and much more.
  • The Truth About Six Pack Abs – a total fitness and nutrition program targeted at losing belly fat. Included is a 21 day trial offer, a Free Mini-Course, and a 100% money back guarantee. Highly recommended.

Want to share your story, thoughts, or question? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

, , ,

57 Responses to Do You Want to Change Your Life? Do You Want to Live as Long as Possible?

1. some map February 14, 2009 at 11:35 pm #

Yes..we can start to achieve better life with a simple thing…we just need a motivation to do positive changes …

2. help future February 14, 2009 at 11:53 pm #

3. Soham February 15, 2009 at 1:59 am #

You made me say “yes” fifteen times before continuing to read. You can be a successful internet marketer or you may be one already. BTW thank you for the tips.

4. Alex From Prostate Cancer Info February 28, 2009 at 5:11 pm #

I think that the most difficult part of any long term goal is sticking to it, especially if you aren’t sure it’s going to give you the results you want.

The most important thing is to have confidence that what you are doing will work, and keep going!

5. az March 2, 2009 at 2:14 pm #

God bless you this was helpful ^_^

• agentsully March 6, 2009 at 6:24 pm #

@az – so glad you found this helpful! thanks for letting us know!!

6. lavender castle March 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm #

Its very easy to make a plan…but hard enough to make a plan real. When I feel stress caused of one thing, I forgot all that plan.. Then I make a new plan when realize its wrong… Thanks for remembered me that we don’t ever allow ourself to feel sorry for ourself. I’ll never give up to make a plan over and over for getting a better life… yeah..Life is good…!

• agentsully March 6, 2009 at 6:17 pm #

@Lavender Castle – thank you for your comment!

7. Flora Morris Brown, Ph.D. March 5, 2009 at 1:57 pm #

You have shared some very key points.

Finding our comfortable space and making small changes to stay within those boundaries is critical to living a happier life.

Feeling sorry for myself once sabotaged my eating plan that had enabled me to get to my ideal size. Now I’m starting on new plan.

Making a plan is the only way to reach our goals, but our plans don’t have to be complex, nor suit anyone but ourselves. I like your Yes or Daily, NO NO lists. These lists can be very short to start, but when they become habit we can extend them.

Thank you for sharing this article.

8. Sonja Shaneour March 5, 2009 at 5:34 pm #

One thing that worked for me, is if I made an oops and ate something I shouldn’t have; I would tell myself that I’ll have another opportunity to make a healthy choice for my body. Each time I ate was a chance to fuel my body, one mess-up wouldn’t ruin all that I invested.

Cheers, Sonja

• agentsully March 6, 2009 at 5:35 pm #

@Sonja – thank you for sharing your experience!

9. Organic Clothing March 7, 2009 at 12:14 pm #

Thanks for sharing useful info. It’s great remedy to healthier life style. Thanks

10. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 8, 2009 at 7:49 pm #

Hi Alex: Thanks again for commenting on THE PLAN. I think you got what I wrote and the ISSUES I was trying to address, among which, for weight and health problems and goals, are the need to feel that the sacrifices are working and producing needed results and that deadly discouraging “long term” idea.

My Plan answers these issues for me and I thought they might work for others. At one point when I was feeling doubtful I asked myself: HAVE I MADE REAL CHANGES? The answer was: YES And I realized then that the results HAD TO, HAD TO, HAD TO FOLLOW AND I DIDN’T HAVE TO WORRY ANYMORE. NOW WHENEVER I HAVE A DOUBT I ASK MYSELF THE SAME QUESTION. If the answer is YES I KNOW MY DOUBT AND OR FEAR IS UNREASONABLE. If the answer is no, I know I have given up the plan and need to recommit. It’s been months and that hasn’t happened because this plan is right for me. And it is right for me because it is absolute in a few things that give me absolute confidence and flexible in others that make it livable.

If you are honest and make REAL CHANGES you get REAL RESULTS. YOU CAN BE SURE OF THAT.

If you firmly commit to and honestly adhere to giving up the one or the few things that truly endanger your health and life and limit your enjoyment there of (and/or institute one or more things that promote your wellbeing) you WILL HAVE THE RESULTS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. This ABSOLUTE FIRM COMMITMENT to a FEW changes is your ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE that your health and your life will get better.

For me this absolute is: to SUBTRACT SWEETS TOTALLY (THIS ‘SACRIFICE’ IS A BARGAIN COMPARED TO THE RESULTS – HOW GOOD – GOOD HEALTH FEELS) AND ADD DAILY: ONE HOUR OF EXERCISE, 8 HOURS OF SLEEP AND TO PACE MYSELF. This is the holy ground that doesn’t move, that holds me up every day, that allows everything else to vary: circumstances, stress,hunger, portions and anything else I choose to eat, AND STILL HAVE ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE THAT DESIRED RESULTS WILL FOLLOW AND THAT I AM IN FACT LOOSING WEIGHT AND THAT I AM HEALTHIER .

Please forgive me if I’m being preachy. What I really want to convey is that WE ABSOLUTELY CAN BE SURE THAT OUR HEALTH AND LIFE WILL IMPROVE AND IS IMPROVING WHEN WE MAKE AND KEEP OUR COMMITMENT TO A FEW REAL AND ESSENTIAL CHANGES, AND that everything doesn’t have to change and everything doesn’t have to be rigidly controlled. MAKING ONE OR A FEW ABSOLUTE CHANGES allows other things to be variable, which makes your plan a TOLERABLE, DAILY LIVING PLAN AND NOT a long term plan for a long term goal.

Long term is a term I have difficulty dealing with. The way I look at it is: If you have and keep to your plan every day you have already arrived at your goal, you are already healthier, feeling better, looking better and have a better more hopeful attitude toward yourself and life in general.

Thanks for listening

11. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 8, 2009 at 7:55 pm #

Hi AZ:

Thank you again for reading MY PLAN I am so happy that you found it helpful. God bless.

12. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 8, 2009 at 8:00 pm #

Hi Lavender Castle:

You are so right. We need to keep trying till we find the PLAN that is right for us.

13. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 8, 2009 at 8:10 pm #

Hi Flora Morris Brown Ph.D

Thanks again for reading MY PLAN and for all your comments. You got what I had to say. And you are right about the lists starting small and adding to them later – important because variety in diet is essential for health, for satisfying hunger and for successful weight loss.

14. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 8, 2009 at 9:22 pm #

Hi Sonja:

Thanks for sharing your method: of oops and go healthier the next time. I do this often in the variable choice parts of MY PLAN. But for me I have found that applying it to everything doesn’t work. I know it does for some lucky folks but not for me.

I need an absolute that I can rely on every day to know with assurance that I have made changes that will result in better health and weight loss.

That absolute for me, is to totally avoid the thing that is the most damaging for me – SWEETS and to adhere to an hour’s exercise each day. This absolute gives me absolute assurance and confidence that I am changing, losing weight and getting healthier. Plus, without sweets, healthier foods satisfy me and I don’t have the need to make as many bad choices. It’s what works for me. It’s what got me out of my serious muddle.

It’s like I can’t police everything. My life doesn’t leave me with the energy or will power to do that. So I strictly control and police the one thing – SWEETS, THEN A LOT OF OTHER STUFF ETC., that make changes hard, disappears.

15. jamie March 15, 2009 at 6:10 am #

Hey,
    Just want you to know I’m enjoying the site and learning a lot from all your posts.
    Thanks for everything.
    Jamie

16. Bosch March 16, 2009 at 5:59 am #

Good Plan man 😛

17. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 17, 2009 at 12:20 pm #

Hi some map,

Thanks for commenting on My Plan. I love reading the comments and I’m so amazed and grateful for the new perspectives and understanding I get from them. Yes: Motivation is the key, the trigger for beginning the process of change. My motivation for My Plan was worry over health problems and the future. The worry was dragging me down. I needed to get rid of the worry. To do that I needed to get rid of the reasons for my worry. Sticking to My Plan is doing that for me.

18. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 17, 2009 at 2:11 pm #

Hi help future,

Thanks for your comment. Yes Motivation is so important. Why, when so many of us have serious health and weight problems, do we still feel insufficient motivation to get started on or to stick to the changes we so very much need?

I think a prominent reason might be FEAR or rather WHICH FEAR is more prominent: THE FEAR FOR THE FUTURE AND LONGEVITY OR THE FEAR OF GIVING UP THINGS THAT HAVE COMFORTED US FOR SO LONG AND/OR THE FEAR OF FAILING AGAIN, THE FEAR THAT WE JUST DON’T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO CHANGE AND IMPROVE OUR HEALTH AND OUR LIVES. I think when our FEAR FOR THE FUTURE BECOMES GREATER AND MORE PAINFUL THAN OUR OTHER FEARS WE HAVE AN UNSTOPPABLE MOTIVATION.

My motivation for My Plan was worry and fear for the future. I worried that my window of opportunity for change was closing. I struggled for 10 years. I made many starts but I kept failing.

This time I started walking 15 to 20 minutes a day 3 or 4 times a week for 6 months. It wasn’t enough but I was doing the best that I could. I was having a lot of difficulty dieting. I was feeling awful and worry about a worsening future was adding to my stress. I needed a doable, livable PLAN that would enable me to satisfy my hunger and give me the absolute assurance of real and steady progress toward better health that would eliminate my stressful fears and worry over the future.

Fear and worry can be great motivators for positive change if we recognize what we have the most to fear and then decide to take up courage and take charge of ourselves and our lives. When we see the example of others who have succeeded in many areas despite adversity why not you, why not in this area of personal health? You CAN decide on and stick to a PLAN and changes that are right for you. You can be strong. This is what I have found to be true. This is what I am experiencing.

19. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 17, 2009 at 2:26 pm #

Hi Soham,

Thank you so much for commenting and for all those “YESES”. I hope to share more and find that I’m doing so in my replies to those who have commented.

I hope you will find these replies of mine worthwhile reading. All the best to you and all those who have read the PLAN and written in response.

20. chicago drapery March 20, 2009 at 12:15 pm #

I like the part where you don’t use a scale but visual appearance as a tracking method. I too utilize this but supplement it with BMI measuring and scales but only on a monthly basis.

21. Flena March 26, 2009 at 7:49 am #

Health is important to every one..We should take care of our health..Because of improper diet and improper care we get sick everyday..So we have to take care of ourself and we should be very careful about our health..

22. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 26, 2009 at 1:43 pm #

Hi Organic Clothing

Thanks for commenting and for your appreciation.

23. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 26, 2009 at 1:45 pm #

Hi Bosch

Thanks man.

24. AUTHOR of THE PLAN AKA THE PLAN March 26, 2009 at 1:47 pm #

Hi chicago drapery

Thanks for commenting. Sounds like you know what you’re doing and what’s best for you.

25. Elite Traders Group April 4, 2009 at 2:53 am #

Very well written, remember that first time blogging days for me, after reading your checklist, I didn’t realize I have done the most, but the tips you have provided are very original and authentic, reminds me that I still have many things to do .Great post and educative.

26. Declutter April 8, 2009 at 1:33 pm #

Great Tips. I have actually already implemented some of them. Some I have never heard of but will start to implement them soon! Let’s see how much longer I can live 🙂

27. B2Bmarts April 10, 2009 at 1:28 pm #

Thanks for sharing useful info.
    You plan very good!

28. Laptop April 27, 2009 at 6:06 am #

NICE BLOG….Glad that i found your site….

29. umit April 29, 2009 at 12:59 pm #

You plan very good we have to take care of ourself Thanks for everything…

30. Chris May 16, 2009 at 10:00 am #

Wow. Your focus is awesome and a great example for others.

I have found with any sort of worthy goal it really helps to write stuff down. Track calories, track business efforts in a journal, track the progress of your goal.

31. nethosting96 May 29, 2009 at 4:03 am #

You made me say “yes” 20 times before continuing to read.Thanks for your tips shared with us.

32. Blind Panic June 5, 2009 at 6:38 pm #

I think the article is very very sensible and grounded. I was able to apply what you said to my own problems which are nothing to do with diet or health. It was lucky I found this article. One thing I have found: if my goals are too ambitious, then when I inevitably hit a difficult patch, I freak out, and fall over, and it’s hard to get back up. If my goals are more modest then there’s less to lose when things go wrong, everything’s more relaxed and my progress is more sure.

As far as motivation goes, what the hell choice do you have? I think, if you’re not prepared to fight like an SAS commando for the best life you can get, you don’t really deserve one. If you don’t always try 100% then you have an awful large number of millennia in which to regret it after you’re dead.

33. Chelsea Larosa June 8, 2009 at 10:11 pm #

yeah, it is true, you should set a goal and should meet that goal. (www.kika.ca)

34. sainatha124 June 12, 2009 at 2:19 am #

You planned very good.we should take care of ourself as we know “Health is Wealth”.Nice information.Thanks for sharing.

35. Boca Raton Personal Trainer June 22, 2009 at 1:05 pm #

Very useful tips. If you go through the list, you find out how some little things can make a difference.

36. healthandendurance_12 June 23, 2009 at 11:14 pm #

Wow. Your focus is awesome and a great example for others.By writing it down you are creating a sense of accountability and structure to your goals.keep it up.keep blogging

37. Colloidal Silver June 24, 2009 at 3:19 am #

I would love to live as long as possible, preferably forever. Thanks for the tips they are very informative. I’ve noticed to that since I’ve been taking vitamins and supplements on a regular basis that I have felt healthier than ever before. I think these supplements have given me more energy and boosted my immune system.

38. phxcorporate June 24, 2009 at 6:42 am #

Thank you for writing and sharing so much detail in your commitment to good health!Thanks for sharing your experience with us.keep blogging.

39. chay July 15, 2009 at 1:31 pm #

Most of us will like to live longer than Methuselah.But problem is not that we dont know what to do but the lack of will and discipline.The ssame amount of energy we spend on un-healthy living is also the same amount of energy that we can expend on healthy living.Some of the things ,food and life style we need to live long are actually very affordable to most of us.So why indulge in un-healthy lifestlye for example Water ,drinking lots of water daily is one health secret that is often overlooked.
    It does not end in knowing this tips ,it should go further than that we should take action now that we still have life

40. arilonza July 15, 2009 at 8:31 pm #

This is very informative and educative,I will refer to your post and practice it.I observed that when I eat more fruits and veggies i tend to be stronger,more alert and generally have a sense of well being.Thanks again for your post.

41. hsb.23 July 20, 2009 at 7:42 am #

“The articles about self improvment, achieving better life and something related has so many wrote..and it doesn’t work if we, ourselves, have no motivation to make a changes….” I totally agree with above lines.Thanks for sharing such a great post with us.

42. Online math tutor July 27, 2009 at 2:07 am #

nice post… and i just want to say that.. the way we live our lives today is not a tough thing to do… anyone can earn a bread and butter for a day… but it takes a lot of courage and a determination to rise above the ordinary…and this can be achieved by diverting your energy into positive traits and the good karma will follow, a seed of determination can make you achieve the unexpected .. 🙂

43. Mike August 4, 2009 at 2:15 am #

To be honest, I don’t want to live as long as possible. In fact if I could have my life end tommorrow it would probably be a blessing. I suffer from major depression and have lost the will to live. I receive disability since I am unable to support myself. I have tried suicide so many times i lost count.

I can’t seem to find a direction in life, let alone any happiness. I am almost 40 years old. I wish all of this would just end and i could be put out of my misery.

why is it that people can put animals that are suffering to sleep, yet it is illegal to do the same for humans? if i couldn’t find happiness in 40 years, what makes anyone think i can find it in another 40 years? i probably won’t find happiness in 140 years.

• agentsully August 4, 2009 at 1:21 pm #

@Mike – thank you for sharing your story. Please, don’t lose hope! You CAN break out of your depression.

My recommendation is to find someone qualified to talk to about this.

And also to check into this amazing online learning program called “Awakening Joy
      Here is a link to my review of the Awakeing Joy course.

Please let me know how that goes for you!

44. James August 12, 2009 at 12:14 pm #

Hey, you have a great, informative and thoughtful blog here! I’m definitely going to bookmark you!

45. Jane August 25, 2009 at 11:26 am #

Absolutely, write it down if possible!

“MAKE A PLAN AND STICK TO IT.”

46. Jared @ Gas Scooters December 2, 2009 at 11:03 pm #

Thanks for sharing! I’m a Type-1 Diabetic and while I am thin, I had cravings for sugar on a daily basis. Sugar does rob you of your health and possibly laying the groundwork for cancer by setting up an acidic environment in your body. There are things out there that can help if you look hard enough. I began drinking something called NanoGreens which is a vegetable and fruit drink that actually tastes great. My cravings for sugar disappeared ever since I started this. I am in no way trying to sell this, but it is something that worked for me. I wish you the best of success in your health journey!

47. Green Mountain K Cups December 22, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

I think the hardest part of a long term goal is to stick to it especially if you are not sure its going to be the results you want.the important to be sure that what you have to work and before you go!

48. family dentist March 1, 2010 at 7:04 am #

For living for long we have to concentrate on the type of food we eat. Food cooked in oil and rich in calories should be avoided as it makes you fat in the long run.
    The thing I eat on daily basis to stay fit is to drink Vegetable Soup daily and walk daily for 30 minutes.

• AgentSully January 3, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

@family dentist – message from the author:
      “GOOD PLAN, THANKS FOR COMMENTING”

49. Chiropractic Kanata February 8, 2011 at 10:37 am #

Great plan. In my experience there are a few other really essential pieces when setting goals namely, vision, resources, skills, and motivation. Good luck!

50. change your life March 1, 2011 at 10:38 am #

Wow!!! Great idea for changing the life……