When we think of our to-do list, what do we primarily think of? Tasks, right? Processing tasks like a robot can make us feel like uninspired drones. But don’t despair, here’s a small but powerful idea that can instantly transform your day from mundane to special.
The To-Do List Daily Qualifier
Here’s the secret. At the top of your to-do list add one or at most two qualifiers on HOW you will go about your day. These are to-do’s that are not “tasks” but rather positive ideas to incorporate into your day as you work your way through your list. For example, “Breathe Deeply” might be your qualifier for the day.They are there to serve as inspiration to be the person you want to be.
Every time you look at your list you’ll be reminded of your qualifier. At the end of the day you can think back on how you implemented that idea, feeling a sense of accomplishment that is beyond task completion.
Here’s a list of qualifiers you can use in your to-do list. Try to pick just one each day and then you’ll be more likely to actually do it! If you have some other qualifier ideas, please share them with us in the comments!
1. Smile often.
2. Think “Make It Happen” in all things today.
3. Help others – Pay It Forward.
4. No violence in my actions, words, or intentions.
5. Replace anger, irritation, resentment with compassion.
6. Slow down. Be Caribbean inspired today.(you’ll probably get more done on days that you do this!)
7. Notice the little things today – colors, details, sounds, quiet, feelings etc.
8. Eat slowly.
9. Rest frequently especially when tired, hungry, cranky. Take a break.
10. Send love to others today in action, words, and thoughts.
11. Appreciate every bit of good in my life. Think in terms of each thing you touch (i.e. your pillow) and do (i.e. walking, seeing).
12. No losing my temper. I will observe how I feel when frustrated, breathe deeply and choose a different more patient way to react.
13. Speak softly today.
14. Laugh – a lot – even when it doesn’t come naturally. Practice makes perfect.
15. Be kind.
16. Don’t absorb stress today. Gonna be late? No stress. Spill coffee on clothes. Oh well, no stress. Angry people? Wish them peace, move away from them, no stress.
17. Say a “thank you” in your mind for every good thing I notice today.
18. Enjoy the day.
19. Have fun today.
20. Eat fruit.
21. Eat veggies.
22. “Make it fun.”
23. Compliment others even strangers.
24. Live fully.
25. No fear.
26. Move more today. (more walking, getting up, shake a tail feather, etc)
27. Really listen.
28. Show love and appreciation generously to family and friends today.
29. Sing. Whistle. Listen to music.
30. *******Please share YOUR ideas in the comments!***********