Yes We Can! Yes You Can!

Barack Obama Grant Park

We have a new president in America! His name is Barack Obama. Life Learning Today is not a political blog, but I think with the election completed we have 2 opportunities before us. One is to study Obama’s example of success and implement what we learn to reach our personal dreams. The second opportunity is, regardless of party affiliation or even nationality, to be a part of making our world a better place along with and under Obama’s leadership.

Whether you supported him or not, I believe that most of us can agree that Barack Obama shines as an example of how anyone can achieve success by combining a positive vision, smart planning, and hard work.

How does this relate to you and improving your life?

First, when pursuing your personal goals, incorporate the same elements President-Elect Barack Obama used to achieve his success. Secondly, when you contribute your energy towards making the world a better place, everyone benefits!

Barack Obama’s Success Elements

1. Have a Clear Vision. Know where you want to go. Ask yourself “what do I REALLY want?”

2. Know Your Motivation. Write down your goals and your motivations so when you hit rough patches you can reconnect with the energy to keep going.

3. Have a Strategic Plan. Get your plan in writing. Keep it simple. Only fill in as much detail as you need today. As you move along in your plan keep updating your action steps as needed.

4. Enlist the Help of Others. Don’t go it alone in motivation, strategy, or implementation of your plan. Find mentors. Seek out people who have done what you want to do. Contact them even if you don’t know them. It doesn’t hurt to try. Outsource things you’re not good at. Make it win-win and watch how people line up to help you.

5. Don’t Get Bogged Down. Keep moving past setbacks. Ignore detractors. Let the unimportant things slide. Plan to get your most important action steps done each day.

6. Enjoy the Journey. Smiles, laughter, and enjoyment will give you the energy needed to carry you through a long journey.

7. Be Confident Enough to Rise Above Your Fears. Don’t be afraid to tackle new challenges. Just do it! You can do it!

8. Be Humble Enough to Learn. Always assume that you have more to learn. Ask yourself “What did I learn today?” especially when things go wrong.

9. Take the High Ground. Be a positive person. Find the good in others. Look for common ground with your opponents. Seek creative solutions when faced with frustrating circumstances.

10. Never Give Up. When things get tough, keep moving forward. When you are tired, rest. Always believe in yourself. If you must, “fake it ’til you make it!” Remember “Yes, You Can!”

The Opportunity to Make Our World a Better Place

There is a challenge before all of us now that Barack Obama has won the presidency. This includes Obama supporters, McCain supporters and everyone else. By working to make our world a better place we all benefit and so will our children and future generations.

For Obama Supporters

Now is the time to keep the momentum going. We need to continue to do volunteer work on projects that will make our country and our world a better place. What issue is most important to you? How will you get involved?

I believe it is also time to reach out in peace and kindness to our friends, co-workers and neighbors who may have supported McCain and find common ground that we can work on together towards making our country better. Who could you reach out to? How would you do it? How can we be inclusive of others’ ideas especially on difficult issues?

For McCain Supporters

I believe that whenever there is disappointment in our lives that there is one of two paths can be taken: bitterness or positive action. A dream we all share in America and throughout the world is to create a better world, a better life for ourselves and our families.

If we focus on our common goals instead of disappointment and differences, then we have a starting place upon which to build. What issues are important to you? How can you get involved in those issues to make a difference in moving our country forward? How can we find common ground on tough issues?

If we ask the right questions, we’ll get productive answers. (Example: How can we make this work?) If we ask negative questions we forfeit progress. (Example: Why did this happen? How can we derail the other party?)

God Bless America and Our World

My goal here is to inspire all of us to come together, to have compassion for each other, and to work together on improving our world. Let us all be kind and patient with each other instead of divisive and judgmental.

Let us all seek common ground and compromise for the greater good. Staunch idealism helps no one. Let’s be flexible in order to make progress. Small amounts of progress daily add up to great improvements over time! Yes, we can!

Wishing everyone a peace-filled life, inspiration to do great things, and the resources and love to accomplish your goals!

Barack Obama Resources

Please Share

What goals are you inspired to start work on both personally and for the greater good?

, , , ,

39 Responses to Yes We Can! Yes You Can!

1. Tracy - Hair Tools November 6, 2008 at 6:57 pm #

Obama has overcome alot and has so much to teach the youth of America. I also hope we can all do as McCain & Obama said and work together to get out country back where it belongs.

2. Wholesale November 10, 2008 at 7:41 pm #

I believe that Obama was the better choice in this election. I’ve always been a republican and I still am but I think McCain wouldn’t be able push legislation because the democrats have deadlocked the senate and house.

I hope to see positive things to come!

-Jason

3. registry cleaners November 13, 2008 at 8:58 am #

I believe that Obama was the better choice in this election!!!!

4. Tony November 13, 2008 at 9:02 pm #

congrats to Obama

5. Ernie Small November 14, 2008 at 2:11 am #

YES, it’s true. i do think that there is a surprising amount of optimism amongst the people i know right now; considering the state of things in this country and personal things that they are having to deal with. the election of obama has made a lot of people think that more could or indeed IS possible….
    let’s hope it can last (no pun intended).

6. Zobel November 14, 2008 at 3:38 pm #

hm…time will show us his real face

7. Minister November 14, 2008 at 5:35 pm #

He still has a lot of work ahead of him with so many crises left from Bush. He is going to need our help getting things back on track.

8. Shane Sheibani November 14, 2008 at 10:51 pm #

How do I think Obama’s election will benifit my personal life?
    I would have to say the answer lies under “DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN” I THINK A LOT OF THE REASON PRESIDENT OBAMA won was because he stuck to the issues.
    He ran the cleanest campaign I’ve EVER SEEN in my whole life!
    I think that the other politicians may take a look at this election and realize how desperate the mud slinging made McCain look to the public.
    Hopefully I won’t have to put up with the political ads that sling lies at each other, and
    in the future I hear them stick to the issues, as Obama did

9. Annie B Lawrence November 15, 2008 at 3:32 am #

How Obama’s election will benefit my personal life?

President Elect Obama has favored new alternative energies. We have just added solar power system to our property. I am very happy for this. It has been a goal for over twenty years. I feel that there is huge change happening in our society right now and I feel that we are all being called to get back to the basics and take our power back from old habits that no longer serve us or our environment. I feel that Obama stands for hope for a better and brighter tomorrow for all of us. I hope to be part of the change and part of the solution.

Wonderful post.
    blessings,
    Annie

P.S. I am going to add you to my blog links. Would be great to have a link back.

10. Ginkgo Studios November 18, 2008 at 8:04 am #

As a non-US citizen, I think this is simply fantastic and very seriously looking forward to seing the change that is on its way.

11. Implantes November 18, 2008 at 11:12 am #

I have to admit that the fact that Obama has already revealed his plans to close the jail at Guantanamo, in itself holds promise of a better and more peaceful future.

12. Turkey November 20, 2008 at 5:57 am #

obama , i am from turkey and my all tv channels always support obama , i dont understand firstly but little think i understands our media barons support obama 🙂

13. Tjäna Pengar November 23, 2008 at 2:42 am #

Obama now have a big task ahead of him. I wonder if we even get out of these financial crisis soon. This could really become a great depression.

14. SOHO November 24, 2008 at 3:49 am #

YES,WE CAN!!
    I HOPE OBAMA WILL BRING A NEW FUTRUE FOR ALL THE MAN.

15. fireplace design November 27, 2008 at 2:42 pm #

Great Article.Thanks for sharing.Keep posting like this wonderful post.

16. Robert P. December 1, 2008 at 11:26 am #

No kidding…I agree with the “cleanest campaign ever” comment. That is one factor I didnt even consider. He won on the basis that he is an amazing leader and excellent individual. Period. Check out my blog for more good info: http://www.lapcfixer.com/blog

17. Shirin December 4, 2008 at 2:42 am #

Where have you disappeared to ? I miss your writings.

Do you want to make the world a better place? Fight climate change? Improve animal welfare? Combat diseases?

Now you can for FREE – while you shop online!

Click here
    to make a difference.

18. Recording Studio December 7, 2008 at 3:51 am #

I’m glad to see the will of the people happen with Obama’s win.
    the cry of, and the promise of change in Washington
    is what got the attention of the people.
    one question has kept coming to me though, which way is the change going to take us?
    Most of his cabinet appointments seem good, with one that stands out as part of America’s worst nightmare.
    Why in the world would he appoint a high officer from THE FED as secretary to the treasury of the united states?
    Alexander Hamilton must be rolling in his grave !
    Tom

19. Nichole December 12, 2008 at 3:27 am #

Indeed ! Obama was the right choice. He seems a good leader. Lets hope something new he will create.

20. Ratgear Gesundheit December 14, 2008 at 11:54 pm #

Mr. Obama- did succeed in his biggest bid-the US presidency. His life is extraordinary and very very impressive. Hopefully, people will find inspiration from him especially to those who easily loose hope.

21. unblock websites December 16, 2008 at 3:27 am #

obama means everything is possible 🙂

22. Gewdton December 17, 2008 at 4:39 am #

Well, it’s almost 2009. A NEW YEAR APPROACH US! Literally.

With a new president, and changes will happen, 2009 will be good… hopefully even with the economic crisis!

STILL…

Merry New Year and a Happy Christmas.

23. seo company December 17, 2008 at 5:03 am #

24. Bromalite December 18, 2008 at 1:36 am #

Yes, we can!

25. Szenovera December 22, 2008 at 1:31 pm #

Although it’s too late, congratulation to American people that already choose their new President. Hoped he will make valuable change for new world order.

26. Exhibition stand December 23, 2008 at 3:40 am #

He seems a good leader. Lets hope something new he will create.

27. Divan Beds December 23, 2008 at 3:44 am #

Indeed ! Obama was the right choice.

28. CJ Shop December 24, 2008 at 10:51 am #

thank you for you information.

Happy new year

29. Abril "curtain fabrics" Ward January 6, 2009 at 6:02 am #

I believe Obama can do a lot for his country. Though he is not my president since I am not from America but I know he inspires a lot of people and one thing for sure he is a good leader.

30. truck campers January 13, 2009 at 7:09 am #

very informative insight obama is great leader he is source of inspiration of youngsters.

31. Darkone March 9, 2009 at 3:46 am #

I believe Obama, will be the next Kennedy, I just hope that people will be more open minded about the changes he wants to put into place.
    America has a long way to go, we have lost face in the worlds view, with people like Bush running the country, it’s going to take time for the world to smile on the USA.
    Bringing a end to a war we should have never got it to, is a good first step, but what will the long term damage of Bush’s terriany bring?

32. karen mobile September 8, 2009 at 6:40 am #

He seems like a good bloke trying to do his best.

33. Pickup trucks September 30, 2009 at 2:14 am #

Congratulations, Obama we trust you b’coz we know you are the best leader and such a very inspiring title for youngsters!!!

34. wood burning fireplaces October 8, 2009 at 2:48 pm #

I hope Obama brings new future for all americans!!!

35. Online Guitar lessons November 11, 2009 at 7:07 am #

we need more time to see what obama can do for us

36. garage heaters March 1, 2010 at 4:05 pm #

37. Paggy March 20, 2010 at 12:58 am #

No dismissive…I consent with the “cleanest campaign ever” comment. That is one issue I didnt even judge. He won on the source that he is an amazing leader and superb person. Period. Check out my blog for more good info:

38. Speech Therapy For Toddlers September 5, 2010 at 6:12 am #

Know more than ever is the time to look at how Obama navigates the most testing period of every presidency, 2 years into the first term.

May be we will look back and say his presidency was disciplined and organized that is when not comparing it the campaign. But before his presidency becomes history we are stuck and only see the sad reality.

39. ilaclamasi February 1, 2011 at 4:10 am #

Keep lighten up people to write such important information.