How You Can Help the People in Darfur

refugee in chad

Do things like this still shock you?

“Over the past five years, 200,000 civilians have died due to violence, malnutrition, and disease in Darfur and an additional 2.2 million people have been displaced.”

Would you like to do something about it? Three bloggers have made it easy for you to do so. If you’d like find out more, check out Train For Humanity. Also see their press release if you would like to spread the word.

21 Responses to How You Can Help the People in Darfur

1. Child Molesters September 11, 2008 at 2:54 pm #

Its a really great thing that you are doing this. I’ll check out those links. Thanks ffor sharing this.

2. mark_hayward September 13, 2008 at 6:51 am #

Thank you for the mention Agent Sully! Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Ahmike September 15, 2008 at 4:50 am #

I should be thankful to God who bless me.. =( I’m so touched

4. psychic reading September 16, 2008 at 2:02 am #

I have already heard about this but this article makes me to think again. . i really would love to do something for those people. . will do it for sure.. Thanks for posting. .

5. James September 19, 2008 at 1:51 am #

Hi, I found your blog on this new directory of WordPress Blogs at blackhatbootcamp.com/listofwordpressblogs. I dont know how your blog came up, must have been a typo, i duno. Anyways, I just clicked it and here I am. Your blog looks good. Have a nice day. James.

6. rucksack September 19, 2008 at 12:16 pm #

Great post with some really useful links. The situation in Darfur is something we should all be concerned with

7. Chinesebob September 23, 2008 at 12:32 am #

I enjoy reading this site, albeit through RSS, but I have to say I think articles like this are wrong.

Approximately 200,000 will die in the U.S. this year from Homicides, drunk driving, domestic violence, or gang violence.

If we take care of our problems at home first then we’ll be that much better to help others.

8. Cool t-shirts and funny t-shirts September 26, 2008 at 10:47 am #

Thank you for this. Yes I believe the problem is
    not only that many people are not aware but also that it doesn’t effect they’re every day lives. Many High Schools in my area which is California require a hundred hours of community service. This would be a great thing to do, plus pretty easy, but at the same time you’d probably end up doing more good in the world than picking up some trash. Just a thought.

9. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:06 pm #

@Rucksack. – Thanks for your support!

10. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:07 pm #

@James – Hey Thanks! Glad to have you visit~

11. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:12 pm #

@Ahmike – thanks for the visit and comment.

12. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:13 pm #

@Mark H. – My pleasure!! You guys are doing a great thing!!

13. Personalized Gifts October 4, 2008 at 12:39 am #

Thanks for caring about those that are helpless.

14. Mom in Stress October 10, 2008 at 11:11 am #

To all that care about situation and people in Darfur I would recommend a great documentary made by a great man that lived in Darfur and was tracking the violence there for several years. Then he was taken to prison there and a lot of his tapes and photos were taken by government in Darfur but some were not and he made a great insight documentary on the problems and violence in Darfur.

Documentary is called
    Dar fur – War for Water
    (Tomo Križnar is the creator)

Worth watching because it was made there amongst the people that suffer.

15. Stephen October 15, 2008 at 2:31 am #

Despite the constant bombardment from media such things still do shock me. Some time ago I learnt a skilfull method for handling the suffering and terrible things that happen in the world.

16. get your ex back October 26, 2008 at 11:42 am #

Darfur has to be the genocide that the world forgot. It has skirted around the international news for years and yet nothing has been resolved and the people still suffer. Why? Because we have become desensitized and nothing really affects us anymore!

17. recycling bin October 27, 2008 at 12:26 pm #

Thank you for sharing these! So often you want to help but many times the help you give ends up in the wrong hands and your efforts are wasted.

18. Amanda October 28, 2008 at 11:19 pm #

My pleasure!! You doing a great thing!! Thx

19. Kristian Liebrand November 7, 2008 at 9:15 am #

Hey buddy,To all that care about situation and people in Darfur I would recommend a great documentary made by a great man that lived in Darfur and was tracking the violence there for several years. Then he was taken to prison there and a lot of his tapes and photos were taken by government.

20. jennifer November 8, 2008 at 8:24 pm #

I think that we sadly become desensitized to these issues. Hopefully the blogs will help us to remember that not everyone is as fortunate as we are.

21. Salwa November 11, 2008 at 5:14 am #

Yes I believe the problem is not only that many people are not aware but also that it doesn’t effect they’re every day lives. Many High Schools in my area which is California require a hundred hours of community service. This would be a great thing to do, plus pretty easy, but at the same time you’d probably end up doing more good in the world than picking up some trash.