Go Ahead, Be Happy!

Dancing Girl on Beach

photo by mikebaird

(Happiness Video Below!)

Generally I like to smile and be happy, but sometimes I’ll catch a glimpse of myself passing a mirror and think, “Whoa, why so serious?” (or angry, frustrated, etc.) And when I observe myself, I can see that I’m holding onto that mode. If I ask myself why, I don’t have a good answer.

Well, I think I found the answer with this video, or rather the antidote. Debating with myself about why I’m stuck in one emotion is not the thing to do. The thing to do is:

Just Choose to Be Happy!

It really is as simple as that. A great way to do it is to break out of your mode with a complete shift. So instead of inching your way into the water, just dive in.

How? Do something silly, watch something funny, or dance. Here’s a great video to inspire you!

How do you flip the switch to happiness? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

Support Life Learning Today

, ,

53 Responses to Go Ahead, Be Happy!

1. Jack Bingham August 27, 2008 at 3:27 am #

How very true, you can find yourself with a permanent scowl! I’ve had people/strangers walk up to me on the street and tell me to “cheer up! It may never happen!” And that’s me feeling great by the way!

2. Mary-Lynn August 27, 2008 at 11:38 am #

I loved the video, but the fact that the woman in your photo is wearing a Cubs hat made me really happy! (Although the Cubs have made me unhappy many times over the years).

Whenever I find I’m too serious and turning negative, I go for a walk. I get outside, to get outside of myself. It really helps to shift my mood.

3. Flora Morris Brown, Ph.D. August 27, 2008 at 5:08 pm #

Two sayings get me going when I’m too serious or hesitant.

One is a line from a movie, but I don’t remember which: “100 years from today we’ll all be dead.”

This snaps me back to get busy having fun, working toward a goal or whatever.

The other one is: “If it’ll be funny later, it’s funny now.”

This one saves me from freaking out when a grandkid breaks something or I’m struggling with software or a computer issue.

4. Jeff August 28, 2008 at 6:53 am #

Very nice video. You made my day. Thank you so much!

5. mercola September 1, 2008 at 6:27 am #

this is what i do if i’m stress. it feel’s good to be happy. you will also look young if you’re always happy.

6. Sharon September 1, 2008 at 4:46 pm #

This is such a great peace of advice….. We sometimes get stuck in that little pit of unhappiness that we forget to look around and consider that the small little things that happen around us can really make us a whole lot happier.

7. EliteVillain September 2, 2008 at 3:42 am #

you are right…just go ahead be happy why so serious…life is so complicated already and yet we want to make it more complex? let’s be happy make things easier and simpler =)

8. modeklunz September 2, 2008 at 9:08 am #

Yes I’m inspired… to dance. A nice video, and I had this little smile on my face all the time. Thank you for giving me a nice feeling. Maybe I’ll start dancing in public.

9. Rose September 5, 2008 at 2:06 am #

Thank you for great video, it make me laugh.
    Yes, I am also find myself seriously very often. Most of the time I choose to go for exercise then sauna.

10. natural health tips September 8, 2008 at 6:21 am #

I really agree that being happy is the best thing to do. It will ease your way of leaving giving you more space to enjoy life and people around you.

11. steven yap September 10, 2008 at 5:19 am #

Thanks for the uplifting message.

I am going thru a difficult downtime.

Thanks.

12. Diabetic September 10, 2008 at 11:40 am #

I love the video and the pic is awesome. I wish i could be that happy 🙁

13. Meaghan September 12, 2008 at 8:02 pm #

What a neat video! It definitely makes you smile. Life is too short to waste on negativity and sadness. Thanks for the uplifting post!

14. Tech blog September 18, 2008 at 10:16 pm #

You know this is the answer to all your question….BE HAPPY

15. Julie Newman September 21, 2008 at 5:01 am #

How do I turn my happy switch to ‘on’? I listen to music that makes me feel good or browse through Flickr photos that take me places I’ve never been before. I watch Iron Chef or take a walk on a clear night. Smelling the breeze from a beach! There’s so many things I can think of that I use to turn the light back on. Hope you all have your happy switches too!

I love your post!

16. edwin September 21, 2008 at 9:24 am #

Yeah…I know, after read your article, life must more enjoy again. Thank you very much for inspiring me. great posting.

17. plumbing nyc September 25, 2008 at 3:41 am #

Oh great picture in looking very happy girl.

18. psychic readings September 26, 2008 at 8:50 am #

Being a happy person can be derived from having a comfortable and abundant lifestyle. But sometimes it is just by choosing to be happy.

This post give me some ideas, thanks.

19. offshore hosting September 28, 2008 at 8:40 am #

Great video and pic. Love you post. Anyway i know how to be happy but that was a nice help.

20. bridal jewelry October 2, 2008 at 5:23 am #

Nice video and picture….(lol) ill show my friend this video…always in a bad mood…this can cheer her up.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes