Go Ahead, Be Happy!

Dancing Girl on Beach

photo by mikebaird

(Happiness Video Below!)

Generally I like to smile and be happy, but sometimes I’ll catch a glimpse of myself passing a mirror and think, “Whoa, why so serious?” (or angry, frustrated, etc.) And when I observe myself, I can see that I’m holding onto that mode. If I ask myself why, I don’t have a good answer.

Well, I think I found the answer with this video, or rather the antidote. Debating with myself about why I’m stuck in one emotion is not the thing to do. The thing to do is:

Just Choose to Be Happy!

It really is as simple as that. A great way to do it is to break out of your mode with a complete shift. So instead of inching your way into the water, just dive in.

How? Do something silly, watch something funny, or dance. Here’s a great video to inspire you!

How do you flip the switch to happiness? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

Support Life Learning Today

, ,

53 Responses to Go Ahead, Be Happy!

1. Jack Bingham August 27, 2008 at 3:27 am #

How very true, you can find yourself with a permanent scowl! I’ve had people/strangers walk up to me on the street and tell me to “cheer up! It may never happen!” And that’s me feeling great by the way!

2. Mary-Lynn August 27, 2008 at 11:38 am #

I loved the video, but the fact that the woman in your photo is wearing a Cubs hat made me really happy! (Although the Cubs have made me unhappy many times over the years).

Whenever I find I’m too serious and turning negative, I go for a walk. I get outside, to get outside of myself. It really helps to shift my mood.

3. Flora Morris Brown, Ph.D. August 27, 2008 at 5:08 pm #

Two sayings get me going when I’m too serious or hesitant.

One is a line from a movie, but I don’t remember which: “100 years from today we’ll all be dead.”

This snaps me back to get busy having fun, working toward a goal or whatever.

The other one is: “If it’ll be funny later, it’s funny now.”

This one saves me from freaking out when a grandkid breaks something or I’m struggling with software or a computer issue.

4. Jeff August 28, 2008 at 6:53 am #

Very nice video. You made my day. Thank you so much!

5. mercola September 1, 2008 at 6:27 am #

this is what i do if i’m stress. it feel’s good to be happy. you will also look young if you’re always happy.

6. Sharon September 1, 2008 at 4:46 pm #

This is such a great peace of advice….. We sometimes get stuck in that little pit of unhappiness that we forget to look around and consider that the small little things that happen around us can really make us a whole lot happier.

7. EliteVillain September 2, 2008 at 3:42 am #

you are right…just go ahead be happy why so serious…life is so complicated already and yet we want to make it more complex? let’s be happy make things easier and simpler =)

8. modeklunz September 2, 2008 at 9:08 am #

Yes I’m inspired… to dance. A nice video, and I had this little smile on my face all the time. Thank you for giving me a nice feeling. Maybe I’ll start dancing in public.

9. Rose September 5, 2008 at 2:06 am #

Thank you for great video, it make me laugh.
    Yes, I am also find myself seriously very often. Most of the time I choose to go for exercise then sauna.

10. natural health tips September 8, 2008 at 6:21 am #

I really agree that being happy is the best thing to do. It will ease your way of leaving giving you more space to enjoy life and people around you.

11. steven yap September 10, 2008 at 5:19 am #

Thanks for the uplifting message.

I am going thru a difficult downtime.

Thanks.

12. Diabetic September 10, 2008 at 11:40 am #

I love the video and the pic is awesome. I wish i could be that happy 🙁

13. Meaghan September 12, 2008 at 8:02 pm #

What a neat video! It definitely makes you smile. Life is too short to waste on negativity and sadness. Thanks for the uplifting post!

14. Tech blog September 18, 2008 at 10:16 pm #

You know this is the answer to all your question….BE HAPPY

15. Julie Newman September 21, 2008 at 5:01 am #

How do I turn my happy switch to ‘on’? I listen to music that makes me feel good or browse through Flickr photos that take me places I’ve never been before. I watch Iron Chef or take a walk on a clear night. Smelling the breeze from a beach! There’s so many things I can think of that I use to turn the light back on. Hope you all have your happy switches too!

I love your post!

16. edwin September 21, 2008 at 9:24 am #

Yeah…I know, after read your article, life must more enjoy again. Thank you very much for inspiring me. great posting.

17. plumbing nyc September 25, 2008 at 3:41 am #

Oh great picture in looking very happy girl.

18. psychic readings September 26, 2008 at 8:50 am #

Being a happy person can be derived from having a comfortable and abundant lifestyle. But sometimes it is just by choosing to be happy.

This post give me some ideas, thanks.

19. offshore hosting September 28, 2008 at 8:40 am #

Great video and pic. Love you post. Anyway i know how to be happy but that was a nice help.

20. bridal jewelry October 2, 2008 at 5:23 am #

Nice video and picture….(lol) ill show my friend this video…always in a bad mood…this can cheer her up.

21. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:05 pm #

@Julie – Thanks!

22. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:20 pm #

@Steven Yap – thanks for commenting. Wishing you bright days!

23. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:27 pm #

@Modeklunz – 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!`

24. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:28 pm #

@EliteVillain – so true! Thanks for stopping by!

25. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:28 pm #

@Sharon – Thanks!

26. Self help Blogger October 5, 2008 at 7:56 pm #

It was a different day when I finally realized that being happy in my life was a free choice. Happy to say I get it now. Nice article

27. dog behavior problems October 8, 2008 at 4:12 am #

the most tough thing to be. None can be happy by trying or thinking. It depends how you are taking things around you.
    and about the video the theme is ok but the video is broke my heart.

28. business opportunity October 8, 2008 at 4:33 pm #

29. download php scripts October 8, 2008 at 4:34 pm #

30. Engago Team October 9, 2008 at 7:42 am #

Be happy the way you are. Life is too short to be negative.

31. Teamwork October 9, 2008 at 12:59 pm #

What an awesome video! I just sent it to my fiance . I can think of days when I have felt a little down and stressed and it is funny how easily things get worse when we have a bad attitude. Brighten up and dance a little…things will turn out fine.

32. Melbourne Accommodation October 10, 2008 at 3:42 am #

A few years back we attended a weekend retreat that focused on positive attitudes, laughing, meditation and healthy eating. While the vegan style food and sparse accommodaion was a bit of a challenge at times the opportunity to smile; the opportunity to sit amongst people without fear of attack; the opportunity to relax in nature all helped. And yes I say the dancing video some months back and reminded me of just how basic life can be, but at the same time how happy it can be. We are here (I think) only once, and it doesn’t last long enough. Be Happy, experience life

33. kevin in bellingham October 10, 2008 at 11:27 pm #

You better cut the cubs hat out now after those playoffs.. Great video, staying positive is very important in my line of work thank you for the post.

34. Emma's purse blog October 12, 2008 at 4:09 am #

It tured out that being happy is not that hard.
    It’s good for you to be positive~
    Thanks for your video.

35. Dinissse October 13, 2008 at 4:43 am #

36. Bloom Group October 16, 2008 at 4:39 am #

To be happy is very easy, the thing that is difficult is to be sad. Its in our hand to be happy or to be sad. Wake up every morning, and tell your self that you will be happy for rest of the day, no matter what ever takes place.

37. Flora October 17, 2008 at 2:49 am #

Thanks for your video, it really make me smile. Love your post, it really brightens my day!

38. johnlazy October 18, 2008 at 12:22 am #

yap thats right you can control your emotions and can choose between happiness or loneliness

39. Smith October 21, 2008 at 2:36 pm #

40. alex October 25, 2008 at 7:22 am #

Thanks for the uplifting message.

I am going thru a difficult downtime.

Thanks.

41. Weight loss October 27, 2008 at 11:05 pm #

I pick happiness over sadness any day!

42. system errors October 30, 2008 at 7:20 am #

43. Dan November 3, 2008 at 2:47 pm #

I like the subtitle “Just Choose to Be Happy”.

Yes happiness is choice 🙂

44. Dan from New gadgets November 3, 2008 at 2:50 pm #

The video is great.

45. Chris | Quote Addict November 25, 2008 at 2:37 am #

Nice post agentsully, thanks!

A few quotes game to mind…

“My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?”
    – Charles M. Schulz

“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
    – Dalai Lama

“A fool is ‘happy’ when his cravings are satisfied. A warrior is happy without reason.”
    – Socrates, Way of the Peaceful Warrior

46. Alexia November 27, 2008 at 3:56 pm #

THAT VIDEO is exactly how I whack a smile on my face where there might not have been one already.

But I have started to just laugh at myself – even when I’m on my own, or on my own in a crowd (I know, loony bin here we come). Three recent examples:

* in a very serious little tempura shop in the middle of Tokyo on my travels, sitting on my own and as a tall, western woman desperately trying to ‘fit in’…I spilt miso soup all over my trousers. Cringe. So I laughed instead.
    * taking two eggs out of the fridge back home, they overbalanced and I dropped the last 2 remaining on the floor. Darnit, that was my breakfast! So I laughed…
    * taking the wrong turning off the motorway. Drat, late for my appointment. So guess what – I laughed – and it all didn’t seem quite so serious any more.

(I also sing along to the radio in the car alone, and have recently started singing in the shower. Next step: sing in front of a crowd – CHALLENGES, teeny or huge, make me happy!)

Thanks for showing me Matt the Dancer once again! xx

47. luxury yacht charter December 8, 2008 at 6:21 pm #

I really enjoyed the video by the way, thanks!

48. Wedding T shirts December 20, 2008 at 2:02 am #

that just made my day. thanks for sharing it.

49. Ernie Small December 27, 2008 at 10:04 pm #

what an amazing video. my favorite part was when it was just him and the officer in the DMZ of North Korea. and for me, it is pure, unadulterated silliness that always revives my mood. and i find that if you are paying attention at all to the world around you you will usually find something completely absurd in under a few minutes or even seconds.thanks for sharing.

50. Ariyes January 25, 2009 at 3:21 pm #

Hi,

The video is very great and i really felt happy about that!Any way,thanks for a great video and be happy!

thank you!

51. Scott March 5, 2009 at 10:11 pm #

It is nice to have a smiley face…i always do that…that big grin happy smiley thing on my face..i chose to be happy bec it gives you the start of the day with a happy disposition in life…happy and being joyful in life…si the most simplest thing to do..and one way to thank God.

52. Phone Psychic April 23, 2012 at 6:09 pm #

Man I love that video. I have seen it before but watching it again completely inspires me. I don’t know if I will get to go to as many places as Matt did but I am going to remember to do his happy dance any time I am feeling down. Thanks for reminding me!

1. Pursuit of Happiness: 32 Keys to Fulfillment | IQ Matrix Blog - July 27, 2009

[…] Go Ahead Be Happy @ Life Learning Today […]