How to Eat Healthier

wheatgrass mmmm yummy!

photo by James Cridland

Do you want to be healthier? Are you wishing you had more energy and strength? Do you notice yourself losing some flexibility, stamina, and mental clarity? Would you like to live a nice long life that is healthy all the way into your later years? Well you can achieve this, and t’s never too late to start! Want to know what the solution is to attaining these goals?
Healthy eating! Of course it is also important to exercise every day, to maintain your strength & flexibility, and keep stress levels low. But, healthy eating is the most important thing you can do to affect your health. You can’t exercise away bad eating habits. You can be a long distance runner and still have high cholesterol that puts you at risk for a heart attack. So healthy eating should be a priority for everyone who wants a long healthy and enjoyable life. But what is the best way to eat for health and how do you make the change? First we’ll tackle what to eat and then how to successfully make the change.

(Please note that the topic of healthy eating is covered in more detail in my book, “The Secrets to a Healthy Life.” It has a 100% money back guarantee. If you’re ready to change your life for the better, this is a must-read. Read the description here. Buy the eBook here.)

What to Eat

Ok, before I lay this on you, here are a few things to remember:

1. This way of eating will

• make you live longer
  • drastically reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and other dread diseases
  • give you so much energy you won’t need caffeine
  • make extra pounds fall off
  • boost your mood
  • give you better sleep
  • alleviate many nagging physical problems. (you name it and it will most likely help improve it)

2. You don’t have to change overnight. If you find that you can’t follow this way of eating all the way, just do the best you can in any given moment. The more you can stick to this way of eating, the better results you will see. It took me a year between hearing of the concept of eating a Vegan diet and when I started. I think my trigger was when I learned the amazing health benefits of Vegan eating and also the real health risks of eating lots of meat-based foods.
3. (This is a big one!) You don’t have to give up yumminess (taste)! Would life be worth living if all our food tasted like rice cakes? No way! Food can be healthy and tasty. Really!

4. When you eat this way, you won’t crave the bad stuff. Really! (2 caveats: make sure you don’t let yourself get too hungry and also set yourself up for success by having healthy choices ready ahead of time)

Alright, now you are ready for the big news. The healthiest way to eat is to follow a plant-based whole-foods diet. This is called a Vegan diet. Here is what you should eat, minimize eating, and avoid eating.

EAT This:

• As much as you want of all fruits and vegetables. Be sure to get lots of variety and be sure to eat lots of green vegetables every day, say 4-6 cups of uncooked greens. (of course, more greens is always OK) Greens give you lots of calcium and vitamins that are so good for you. A great way to get your greens is to drink them in a green smoothie every morning.
  • Legumes (beans), nuts, and seeds.
  • Whole grains such as whole wheat pasta or bread, brown rice, quinoa, oats, barley, buckwheat, popcorn, etc. Look for “100% Whole Grains.”

MINIMIZE Eating This:

• AVOID refined grain foods such as corn flakes, couscous, enriched macaroni or spaghetti, grits, pretzels, white bread (refined), and white rice.
  • Fish
  • Added oils in cooking. Keep them to a minimum. Try using vegetable broth to saute your foods.
  • Highly processed vegan foods containing “textured vegetable protein.”

DON”T Eat This:

• Meat
  • Poultry
  • dairy (eggs, milk, yogurt, ice cream, cheese, mayonnaise)

I’ve done the research and very soon you’ll be able to read more about this in my new e-book which will be coming out soon. In the meantime, if you want to find out more facts about this way of eating check out these two books:

Detailed information on the largest nutritional study ever done and it’s implications for how humans should eat.

A concise volume with power packing facts on why a plant-based diet is best for your health, waistline, and even the world. The style is very spunky, but the message is clear and powerful.

• The Secrets to a Healthy Life by K. Stone (that’s me). This ebook outlines the 5 major categories of how you can become fabulously healthy, including healthy eating.

Changing Your Diet

Changing how you eat can be a challenge, and even more so if you live with other people who are not interested or open to changing how they eat. The key to making a successful change, no matter what your circumstances, is to go slowly but consistently.

The way to do this with eating is to eat at least one healthy meal per day and perhaps learn a new recipe every few days or once a week. If you can loosely plan your eating on a daily and weekly basis, this can also set you up for success. So your change pattern might look something like this.

Week 1

• Start drinking green smoothies for breakfast.
  • Eat the rest of your meals the same as usual, but start adding more vegetables and/or salad at each meal.
  • Instead of a junk food snack try a banana, handful of walnuts, or an apple with 1 Tbsp peanut butter.
  • You could also have the other half of your smoothie that you froze in the morning as an afternoon snack.
  • Find a healthy recipe you want to try next week. Put it in your calendar when you’re going to cook it. Check out this website: VegWeband these books for yummy Vegan recipes:

Week 2

• Continue to drink green smoothies for breakfast.
  • Plan out your meals for the week.
  • Plan your grocery shopping.
  • Cook normally, but try 1 or 2 new recipes for either lunch or dinner.

Week 3 and Beyond

• Continue with smoothie breakfast and/or whole grains (toast, oatmeal, etc)
  • Cook the recipe you learned last week and add one new one this week. Do this each week.
  • Any time you need a snack, reach for a healthy choice. Have fruit, vegetables, yummy whole grain healthy crackers (with avacado is extra yummy and healthy) nuts, or a smoothie. Once you eat one of these, watch how you won’t crave bad stuff.

Basically, take it slow and build upon your success each day. If you make an unhealthy food choice in one moment, don’t sweat it. Just pick up with a healthy choice next time.

Changing Your Diet While Living with Others (Who Aren’t Changing)

This is a real challenge. I’ve been there. And I can tell you that you can have success either with or without others around you changing. In my family, I was surprised how they have jumped on board with my changes. It didn’t happen over night, but it happened sooner than I thought it ever would. Here are my tips:

1. Educate Don’t Push. Little by little, as you learn more about healthy eating, tell your family, spouse, children, and/or housemates about the amazing things you are learning about food. And I urge you to read a little bit every day about the power of food in creating health and preventing dread diseases.

2. Be Enthusiastic. Tell everyone about why you’re changing your diet. Invite them to ask you more if they are interested. Any time one of them joins you in a piece of fruit or a new recipe you cooked, give lots of praise.

3. Make Vegan a Fun Word. We use the word Vegan all the time in our household. At first it was a joke, in that everyone teased me about it, in a loving way. We always joke around about this or that being Vegan. And when we “cheat” we say, with tongue in cheek, “oh this is so Vegan!”

4. Kids: Have them cook with you. Everyone likes to eat food that they have cooked themself. With younger kids you can tie Vegan or “healthy eating” to whatever they are interested in. For example, “Superman always eats Vegan foods for power!” or “Cindarella always eats Vegan. That’s why she is so smart and beautiful.” Give lots of praise for eating healthy. Make it super cool to eat healthy. If this is far from the norm in your house right now, use the power of marketing with your kids. Repeat your message often, make it fun, and exciting. That’s how McDonald’s hooks kids in. You can do the same thing with healthy eating. Talk about it a lot and you’ll dilute the other unhealthy messages they’re getting.

5. Cooking. Add healthy elements to the dinner table a little bit at a time. Make lots of vegetables and less meat to start off with. Gradually you can introduce non-meat entrees of either tofu, seitan, or beans. Subscribe to this blog to make sure you get all the healthy and super yummy recipes I plan to post. Things like Tacos that are to-die-for, Potato Leek soup, Spicy Kale Soup, Barbeque Tofu, Cauliflower scampi, and more. You’ll benefit from my experimentation. I’ll only present recipes that are so delicious a meat eater will never know what they’re missing.

6. Cook It and They Will Eat It. When it comes to kids, sometimes you need to provide incentives. So you might allow 1 unhealthy favorite as long as they eat the new healthy item too. Use the carrot more than the stick though. Make eating healthy fun. None of the food I eat tastes bland or blah. I like tasty food. Don’t make separate meals for the kids. They should eat what you cook. If they don’t eat it all, no dessert. But if they do, then some chocolate soy ice cream might provide enough incentive. And by the way, soy ice cream tastes identical to regular ice cream, without all the sludge that comes with dairy.

7. Slow and Steady. Go slow and build over time. This is a nice long journey. Enjoy it as such. If your family doesn’t come around, don’t sweat it. Just do the best you can. Most likely they will eat healthier when they see your example.

Wishing you the best of luck on your path to become healthier every day!

Tell us about your quest for healthy eating or ask a question. All comments big and small are very welcomed!

, , ,

45 Responses to How to Eat Healthier

1. Evan April 30, 2008 at 7:17 pm #

If you’re going vegan, you need to ensure you get enough protein. Women especially may need red meat around the time of their period.

Avoid depending on tofu for protein, excessive amounts over time can lead to thyroid problems.

I don’t think cous cous or grits are refined grains.

The nutrients in plants aren’t always as bio-available as those in meat.

It is quite possible to live healthily on a vegan diet but you do need to ensure you get enough nutrients, especially protein. If you start feeling energyless see if some red meat helps (it may not but it may), especially if you are a woman and you feel drained during your period. Listening to your body is important whatever diet you are on.

I know lots of people who are mostly vegan but few who eat entirely that way – even those who started off quite committed to it have added a little of this and that for various reasons.

The other thing to watch with diet is that what starts feeling good keeps feeling good. Cleansing diets for instance feel good but aren’t for the long-term.

I’m not trying to trash the vegan diet, I think it is a great way to eat for many reasons, just to say that it is important to keep listening to your body.

2. Mark-Salinas-MN May 1, 2008 at 1:35 pm #

Another great amount of information. It is amazing at how much better I feel when eating certain types of foods. I guess the morale here is to slow down and pay attention to what we are putting into our bodies?

Mark Salinas, MN

3. Adam Snider May 1, 2008 at 3:16 pm #

Um…it’s not vegan if you’re still eating fish. It’s not even vegetarian.

4. cohnsey May 1, 2008 at 5:29 pm #

it looks like you just want people to become vegetarians. what’s up with that?

5. Mark A. Salinas May 2, 2008 at 9:22 am #

Another great post. Good detail!

Mark A. Salinas

6. Matt May 2, 2008 at 10:56 am #

I am all for healthy eating, my diet consists of mostly whole foods, but the thing that bothers me about your stance is that you say:

“The healthiest way to eat is to follow a plant-based whole-foods diet. This is called a Vegan diet. Here is what you should eat, minimize eating, and avoid eating.”

This ignores that fact that all humans are different and require different diets for optimal health. The healthiest way of eating is to first discover what your body & brain need and then find the healthiest foods that fulfill your needs.

That being said, props for making a change and eating right. My life is so much better when I am eating right, I rarely get sick, I have tons more energy, I just all around feel better. Morbid obesity is fast on the rise as well as cancer and mental diseases. Clearly this can attributed somewhat to the crap that Americans eat in their diet everyday.

I just started reading this book and it is a very interesting read so far:

The Brain Diet: The Connection Between Nutrition, Mental Health, and Intelligence by Alan C. Logan and Martin, M.D. Katzman

7. Jeff Milincheck - Abunza May 5, 2008 at 2:28 pm #

Great post – the green smoothies actually sound pretty good. I’m going to try it out. Thanks again!

-Jeff

8. Amy May 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm #

This is a great post but you also need to remember to eat mindfully. Eat only until you are full and enjoy each meal by turning off the TV and other distractions, this helps with mindful eating.

9. moneysmart May 7, 2008 at 9:29 am #

Wow, I don’t like to be mean or rude but I really feel the need to address Evan:

There is no such thing as protein deficiency in a vegan diet. Both my father and grandfather are MDs and they have never ever come across ANY person suffering from this.

It is amazing though to hear the amount of people that seriously believe this to be a problem.

And, women needing reed meat around the time of their period? No. What you really need is iron due to the loss of blood. Lack of iron in general will also make you tired but this is easily helped by spinach which, by the way is a great source of calcium – much better so than milk.

Sorry about the preaching, this subject does get me going though :)

Thanks for a great post!

10. PlanningQueen May 9, 2008 at 4:11 am #

What an amazing collection of resources. While we eat healthily, we still have a long way to go. My first step is to change from white rice, bread etc to the brown varieties. Small steps I know, but I have to start somewhere!

BTW – I have a free e-book to download on my my site that you might be interested in called Planning With Kids Top 100 Tips.

11. Improved Lives May 10, 2008 at 1:02 am #

I’m all for eating healthy but I have to agree with Adam, if this is a vegan/vegetarian diet why is fish in there? If meat is acceptable I would think fish would be in the ‘eat this’ category as it’s a very healthy meat.

Also I’m curious as to why cooking oils are in the ‘minimize eating this’ category? Everything I’ve read says that certain oils (especially olive oil) are a very integral part of a healthy diet.

12. sunnyray meditations May 12, 2008 at 5:49 am #

Yes eating fish is not in the spirit of vegetarianism. As much as I try not to eat any kind of meat, still fish is on my table. Probably it would be better not to eat fish as well, and I say this primarily from moral point of view. As for eating healthier, however, fish is considered to be very much healthy food.

13. agentsully May 12, 2008 at 4:12 pm #

@Evan and Moneysmart – I agree with Money’s comments. There’s no fear of a protein deficiency with a Vegan diet. The only thing to watch for is low vitamin B-12 which you can get from fortified foods like rice milk or soy milk. Or spirulina will take care of your B-12 needs. Just add a tablespoon to a drink or smoothie each day.
    Thanks for conversing!

14. agentsully May 12, 2008 at 4:14 pm #

To all regarding Fish –
    Fish is not part of a Vegan diet, but according to Dr. Campbell in “The China Study” fish is not as bad as meat as far as health goes. This is not saying you should eat it, but if you want to eat meat, fish is a better choice. I hope that helps.

Thanks for pointing this out.

15. agentsully May 12, 2008 at 4:16 pm #

Regarding minimizing added oils –
    yes, olive oil and flax oil (which is not for cooking) are good for you, but the truth is most people get way more than they need, so that’s why the guidance is to keep it to a minimum.
    Hope that helps clear up any confusion.
    Good points!

16. agentsully May 12, 2008 at 4:17 pm #

@Amy – soooooo true!! Thank you for pointing that out. Wish I had included that.
    Eating mindfully!
    Thank you!

17. agentsully May 12, 2008 at 4:20 pm #

@Cohnsey –
    I don’t want to push everyone to eat a vegetarian or vegan diet. I merely want to share what I’ve learned about health and let people make up their own minds as to how they want to proceed.

I think the findings that show eating this way are pretty remarkable, so that’s why I wrote about it and it’s also why I made the change in my own life. I’m so glad I did.

I also want to offer a place of support for people who are thinking of doing this themselves. I’d like to help them by sharing how I did it.

Thanks for commenting!!

18. RSS Explained May 12, 2008 at 4:25 pm #

Eating is 80% of the equation to being healthy. Working out/fitness is only 20%.

19. Evan May 12, 2008 at 6:17 pm #

Hi Moneysmart,

I didn’t say you knew any vegans with protein deficiency. I have.

There are different sorts of iron – haem iron and plant (roughly speaking). Haem iron from meat is more readily absorbed. No you don’t have to get it from meat. And several vegan women I know have not been able to alleviate period pain any other way.

20. Javi May 16, 2008 at 1:07 am #

This is a great post that would certainly make me rethink my eating habits, again. Over the years I’ve tried going vegan after seeing the barbaric way that livestock are slaughtered in my hometown. Unfortunately the allure of fastfood has always gotten the better of me. Perhaps I should try one more time. Thanks!

21. Tony May 16, 2008 at 11:59 pm #

Well, not sure if this is vegetarian but the recipe is good. There are several schools of thoughts about this but whatever it is, vegetarian still beat the typical fast food diet of today.

22. Anne May 17, 2008 at 12:02 am #

Having additional intake of herbs like Flaxseed does helps our body. With all the junk food we take today, it is easy for our body not to absorb such minerals efficiently. Vegetarian food tends to be easy with our digestive system and thus easy for the body to absorb the nutrients.

23. agentsully May 17, 2008 at 10:03 am #

@Javi – give it another try! Just take it slow and if you “cheat” don’t sweat it. Just make the best choice you can in any given moment.

24. copper cookware May 20, 2008 at 3:11 am #

Most of the people think healthier means getting a little fattier. LOL. I think it is very much necessary to make all what the meaning of healthier first.

25. Cat June 6, 2008 at 1:28 pm #

It’s actually not just B-12 you need to watch out for in a vegan diet- the amino acid methionine is not widely available in plants. It plays a very important role in the human body: every single protein chain synthesized in our cells starts with a methionine amino acid. So make sure you’re getting this too!

And moneysmart: your MD family members might not know anyone who has had protein problems with being vegan, but I know several people who have needed to add eggs back in to their diet.

Regarding cooking oils, any time you heat an oil at a high temperature, the molecules shift around and the fat becomes saturated. So use your healthy oils raw in salads and minimize the oil you cook with as much as possible.

26. agentsully June 7, 2008 at 5:11 pm #

@Cat – Thanks for your addition here. Do you know which vegetables are high in methionine?
    Re: cooking oils – you’re right. Good advice! Thanks!

27. inkie de pielo June 28, 2008 at 6:52 pm #

I agree to much is never good for you, but what about sex ? Lol to mutch of that is gooed for someones body. Right.

28. Mobile Blog June 30, 2008 at 6:13 am #

This one is truly very useful indeed! Taking regular intake of green vegetables and fruits which you have mentioned together with a daily 15-20 minutes excercise can prove very healthier and life at its best indeed!Thanks a lot.

29. agentsully July 11, 2008 at 4:35 pm #

@Mobile Blog – thanks for chiming in!

30. sophiaM July 14, 2008 at 7:25 am #

OK let me just say that protein your’e right is not the problem you can get adequate amounts in beans and pulses, the problem is with the availabiltity of nutrients. Iron for example is not as easily absorbed when found in plant foods as in meats, making it more difficult for vegans to get enough.

Another problem which has been widely examined and studied is with vitamin b12 although there are non-animal based sources in plants these have not been accepted as good sources, in studies as they can rarely be absorbed into the body, therefore your only hope is vitamin supplements which obviously isn’t a natural alternative.

This leads me to think even though i don’t enjoy eating animals or their products myself due to the conditions theyre kept in and how they’re treated, that humans are made to eat animals and their products. Otherwise we’d all be deficient in vitb12 a very imortant vitamin!

31. sophiaM July 14, 2008 at 7:32 am #

i can see how in modern society a vegan diet could be healthier, but it is not the healthiest in a perfect world.

it is only in our chemical world where we inject animals with growth hormones, feed them GM crops and keep animals in cruel unatural conditions. The meat and animal products we;re eating are certainly not natural or how nature intended so yes vegan is healhtier today. but the human body prefers meat and products for health know one can argue with that.

32. agentsully July 17, 2008 at 9:28 pm #

@ShophiaM – I agree that the chemicals are awful. That’s why it’s good to seek out organic foods especially in the produce where it matters the most such as apples, bell peppers, etc.Regarding meat, all my research has shown that animal products are linked to the big dread diseases of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. That’s why I’ve personally chosen to eliminate them from my diet. I’ve lost weight and I feel so much healthier and energetic.

Regarding B-12, this is very important. Thanks for bringing this up. If you are a strict Vegan, you should take B-12 supplements. The best are sublingual (under the tongue) vs. a pill you swallow. Also look for B-12 in the “methylcobalmin” form which is the form that your body can use right away. By allowing the B-12 to dissolve under the tongue, the B-12 is absorbed by the capillaries in the mouth. I had my blood checked and the supplements are working for me.

If you don’t take B-12 supplements you can risk having high homocysteine levels that are a risk factor for major problems. You can have your homocysteine levels checked by your doctor very easily when you get your cholesterol checked.

Regarding iron, what I’ve read is this: yes, absorption from plant sources can be lower than from meat. However, beans and leafy greens are a great source of iron. Also vitamin C help boost absorption of iron. If you’re eating enough of these food groups, you should be fine. The incidence of iron deficiency is not any worse than found with meat eaters.

Thanks for contributing!

33. "Solution Drew" August 4, 2008 at 6:32 am #

I think whole foods is the real key – Keep it natural, simple and unprocessed.

I think fat gets a bad rap, a little extra good fat will keep you metabolism fast and your brain sharp. I think it’s better to have a little too much fat rather than sugar, high G.I carbs and salt.

34. agentsully August 12, 2008 at 8:34 pm #

@solution Drew – You’re right on about “whole foods.” You can eat vegan and still be unhealthy if you’re not making whole foods the main staple of your diet. Thanks for commenting!

35. Devin September 22, 2008 at 12:36 am #

I like the suggestions but no meat? I’m sure that chicken, tuna, and other “light” meats can be a part of balanced diet. It provides protein and other nutrients that can be hard to find in other foods. I just don’t know if I can give up the meat :)

36. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:03 pm #

@Devin – The problem is not the fat. It’s the actual animal protein. What it does is cause cancer. You can read the finding of a huge study on this called “The China Study.” Look it up at your local library. It’s quite eye opening.

37. Jae January 4, 2010 at 5:28 am #

Ditch the grains, especially those containing gluten! Quinoa is a healthy, gluten-free grain alternative (often assumed to be a grain) that is high in protein and many other nutrients. Hemp is another high protein and omega fatty acid plant food. Most people feel lethargic and ill because they are consuming too much grain and fat! Read Grain Damage by Dr. Douglas Graham.

38. Ball Valve January 6, 2010 at 6:18 am #

39. sarah January 9, 2010 at 8:39 pm #

My mind is just exhausted with all the contradicting nutritional information out there! honestly it is driving me crazy…………ive read nutrition book after nutrition book and yet the following year all this info will suddnely be wrong because they’re constantly learning more about how food is digested etc, so the consensus on what food to eat and how to eat it such as ‘food combining’ always changes.

It makes me feel so confused and unhealthy and well helpless to do anything about it.

It seems obvious to me, regardless of rumours which change week to week (one week eggs give you cancer the next theyre essential and very good for us) what bullshit!
    that sticking to food which is natural i.e out of the ground or non-man made, chemically processed or altered must be safe to eat and is a general rule i stick by, but the more i read the more i realise veg and fruit are not good for us either in this society.
    Basically everyhting is killing us and also doing god knows what.

the reasons for this are as followsL:
    veg are sprayed with a mix of chemicals (little research has been done on the effect of these) also bees are allegedly dying partly because of these concoctions (maybe this is a warning for us!)
    Not only are veg coated in man made chemicals, they are now largely genetically modified, very little resarch has been done on the effects of this on our bodies either!

Ok so most people are atleast aware of the problems with chemicals so what do they do?
    they opt for organic in the hope these will be free from all this.
    The problem with this is……organic doesnt have to be totally free from chemicals just reduced where possible, and even so…often they are grown in fields next to regular veg…and so the problem occurs when the chemicals seep into the soil of the regular veg and remain there. How easy would it be for some of these chemicals to be absorbed into the soil of the neighbouring organic field or maybe for a GM seed to fly in the wind to the organic field.? its almost certain.

So you see it is not neccessarily as organic as you think and leaves me feeling.. well like whats the point in trying?

Lastly so we are left with some goodness inside the veg right? well…wrong..very little infact, you see most veg travels miles to get on our plates, and the longer the time from picking to eating, the more the nutrients are lost!
    well and then we cook them and the heat destroys further nutrients so ok what are we left with then? I guess mostly fibre right? God doesn’t this just feel wrong…its so unnatural and really im never going to feel healthy. The more i find out the worse i feel.
    you see thisd really upsets me so if veg are no longer good for us then surely nothing is. it amazes me how were not all deficient in everything already.

i dont mean to depress you guys, but honestly what we are doing to this planet is going to result in self destruction. The further we move away from nature the more we are going into dangerous territory. It scares me it really does. Sometimes i think the only way would be for us all to go back to being self-sufficient but hey that’s a dream right.

i dont know what to believe anymore i really dont.

• agentsully January 11, 2010 at 3:25 pm #

@Sarah – thank you for bringing up all those concerns. Yes, it can feel a little hopeless. But here is some good news.

I read somewhere reputable, but, alas, I can’t remember where, that even eating veggies that have pesticides on them, that the net impact on us is a positive one due to the incredible power of the vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and so-on that are in those wonderful foods.

So try not to over worry. If you can afford it, buy as much organic produce (and meats if you eat them) as you can. Try growing a vegetable garden in the summer. If you live in the city, look for a co-op garden to join.

Do your best, and put the rest in God’s hands or the universe or fate. Smile and enjoy life. It’s the best we can do!
      :-)
      Cheers!

40. Laundry Sorter · November 4, 2010 at 4:23 am #

veggan foods are always the best for anyones health because it is low fat and low sodium ..

41. Burgess September 14, 2011 at 12:46 am #

This is a awesome and good read. Your blog is written in a way that it’s so easily readable and understand. I’m a fan of your blog site. Appreciate your sharing this info.

1. green beans facts - June 1, 2008

[…] stamina, and mental clarity? Would you like to live a nice long life that is healthy all the way inthttp://lifelearningtoday.com/2008/04/30/how-to-eat-healthier/Celebrate Cinco de Mayo May 5 York Daily RecordUnless you’ve had a birthday or anniversary, it’s […]

2. 28 Astute Takes of Insight on Living a Prolific Life | Marc and Angel Hack Life - August 15, 2008

[…] Eat healthy!  You are what you eat. – “healthy eating is the most important thing you can do to affect your health.  You can’t exercise away bad eating habits.  You can be a long distance runner and still have high cholesterol that puts you at risk for a heart attack.  So healthy eating should be a priority for everyone who wants a long healthy and enjoyable life.” – via Life Learning Today […]