Quick Breakfast Tips & Air Travel with Kids

kids-on-airplanes

photo by LabGP & SigOther

I’ve had a couple of recent articles at Dumb Little Man that you might find useful:

5 Quick & Simple Breakfast-On-the-Run Ideas

and

Air Travel with Kids and Pets – How to Keep Your Sanity

Please enjoy and thank you for your patience with my low amount of articles on Life Learning Today recently. I’ve put a lot of work into my redesign over the last couple of weeks. And of top of that I’ve been doing some traveling so my time is a more limited at the moment.

I’ll be posting soon on the following topics and more:

• Healthy Eating
  • Blog Redesign experience, learnings, and suggestions.

In the meantime, thank you to all my loyal readers. I’m so happy to share my learnings with you each week and in return, to learn from all your comments. I’ve installed a plugin that will make responding to the numerous comments easier for me, so my pledge is to respond more consistently.

If you have any comments on the two articles above, please share. And if you have any thoughts about Life Learning Today in general, please let me know!! I love feedback, good or bad.

Support Life Learning Today

Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner

, , , , ,

31 Responses to Quick Breakfast Tips & Air Travel with Kids

1. Jay, writer Memberspeed.com March 7, 2008 at 7:36 am #

I’m one of those people who don’t make breakfast a habit. First of all, I’m always in a hurry to go to work. I sleep late and have to beat the morning traffic. The smoothies look delicious but until I have someone who can make them for me, I doubt I can enjoy them in the mornings.

2. image consultant March 7, 2008 at 8:12 am #

The most encompassing list of travel advice for travelling with kids I’ve read – a must read for parents ahead of the Easter holidays…

3. Amy March 10, 2008 at 10:14 am #

Funny enough I wanted to try spread my blog out into posts like this, good on you 🙂

4. Green March 12, 2008 at 2:17 pm #

Jay breakfast is truly the most important meal especially for kids. What we’re now learning though is that protein is essential in the morning to allow kids to sustain energy throughout the day.

5. Jim March 13, 2008 at 3:43 pm #

Very nice. I like the sound advice, keep up the great work 🙂

6. Paul March 14, 2008 at 8:58 pm #

I also subscribed to dumblittleman. They never run out of ideas.

7. Franca Richard March 15, 2008 at 3:10 pm #

Really useful tips, and funny pic, I like ur blog.

8. Erikka Fasting Arone March 20, 2008 at 2:18 am #

Between 10 and 30 percent of teens and adults skip breakfast, and that skipping breakfast is most prevalent among girls between the ages of 13 and 17. This is quite alarming when you see the evidence that skipping breakfast has been associated with decreased concentration in school and increased absenteeism.

9. Akhmad Guntar March 20, 2008 at 2:20 am #

Skipping the first meal of the day increases the chances of becoming obese, developing diabetes or even having a heart attack. People who eat whole-grain cereals every morning are among those most likely to see the health benefits.

10. Evan Nance March 20, 2008 at 2:23 am #

Regarding breakfast and obesity. I think it’s because people who eat breakfast are less likely to be hungry during the rest of the day and are, therefore, less likely to overeat.

11. Kelly March 20, 2008 at 12:46 pm #

Ok. So, when I saw the picture related to this post I thought, oh no, an article on breast feeding. My bad. So glad I took the time to ready. I never, never, leave the house without eating breakfast and thankfully, I have passed that habit to my children (who are mostly grown.)

12. agentsully March 21, 2008 at 10:17 pm #

@Kelly – hi and thanks for commenting!

13. Erin March 31, 2008 at 8:18 pm #

We’re not far off from adding to our family so this was an excellent read for me. With our first child we made sure she ate solid meals each morning from cereal to eggs and she’s lean and active as she approaches 5. We plan on following the same course with the next one.

14. Mike April 1, 2008 at 7:38 am #

The pic and the article do not match. You should have the related pic posted. Anyway the tips are very valuable and time saving too.

15. Jean April 1, 2008 at 12:01 pm #

Thanks. I think you have a great blog. Inspirational tips on health and lifestyle. I will be following this.

P.S: The picture attracted me to this post

Jean

16. Monica Webster April 1, 2008 at 11:06 pm #

One might feel comfortable if her child is sitting comfortably in their seat instead of on your lap. Infants are fairly easy to hold, but once your child becomes mobile their patience for sitting still runs out very quickly. If you can’t hold them for the length of your flight without your child throwing a fit at home, what are you going to do at 30,000 feet? Our children should fly in their seat, not in our lap!

17. agentsully April 3, 2008 at 11:36 pm #

@Monica – I have to agree with you that if it is at all possible to get a separate seat for children. It’s so stressful otherwise! Probably for the child too.

18. Webdesign Miami April 4, 2008 at 8:30 am #

Thank you so much, this really helps us. The stress of traveling with a young one is enough to make my missus grumpy. If the little rascal starts acting up, it gets worse….

19. Klip April 8, 2008 at 11:10 am #

Baby in the pictures so sweet 😀

Ok, im go to the bad and sleep, i so very tired…

Thanks 😉

20. Tenerife May 15, 2008 at 12:03 pm #

I travel a lot from Tenerife and back and I’ve never took my pet with because I find it very stressful, but I miss my boy too much, so I will take your tips for the next time. Thank you.

21. Octopus Travel May 25, 2008 at 2:09 am #

Wow Great tips – I travel a lot myself with my wife and child.

22. Loskas June 5, 2008 at 6:14 am #

Nice tips there. I could use those even myself. :,D

23. Travel Seeker July 17, 2008 at 5:18 pm #

Thank you for sharing these tips, they are really useful. I also like tips from dumblittleman, but not always have time to read them.

Maybe it’s not in time, but how was your travel?

24. agentsully July 17, 2008 at 9:11 pm #

@Travel – I know it’s hard to keep up with all the great blogs out there. Travel went very well. Thanks for asking@

25. Curtis July 21, 2008 at 1:38 pm #

Thanks for the ideas. I work with children who are obese to teach them healthy eating habits. Thanks again!

26. Turin Fares October 1, 2008 at 2:48 am #

The tip about toys is the one that usually does the trick. Let kids enjoy the flight. And give them enough attention. Do not start to read a magazine, but focus on your kids.

27. Roddy the Traveller October 1, 2008 at 1:42 pm #

Following these tips will probably help mine kids for next air travel thanks for the info.

28. Bobby Rica October 7, 2008 at 12:35 pm #

Honestly i am a frustrated cook…i love to eat and so i thought i need to learn how to cook but i just can’t learn it right now but i definitely will. Another thing those quick breakfast is what i need as i am someone who needs to get ready fast every morning…

I do travel a lot yet i always forgot somethings that is important during those times…and i hate it…and those kind of situation made my day really bad…

29. child safety October 8, 2008 at 1:28 pm #

air travel with kids… worse thing ever!

30. Eddie March 6, 2009 at 12:57 am #

This is a must for the entire family…having safety and practical during traveling will keep your travel light.i am number one fan of oatmeals..its a must for the entire family too..not just good for the heart but very affordable too.

31. travel guides May 21, 2010 at 11:00 pm #

very good things,but kids always need more care