10 Pounds 3 Ounces: That’s One Big Baby!!!

Congrats to my sister and brother-in-law!

My sister gave birth to a 10 pound 3 ounce baby boy yesterday! Whoo hoo!! Way to go sis!

Please keep them in your prayers as my sister needed to be operated on a second time after the c-section for internal bleeding. All is well now, but we’re praying for a full and quick recovery and relief of her pain. Thanks!

Before:

Pregnant Belly

After:

Big Baby

What’s the biggest baby you ever heard of being delivered? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

41 Responses to 10 Pounds 3 Ounces: That’s One Big Baby!!!

1. BabyPictureMaker December 7, 2008 at 11:40 am #

That is one big baby! I weight just over 10 pounds too and I was one big baby! It all evened out though over time lol

2. ivy February 2, 2009 at 5:56 pm #

woooo….Big belly,big baby! 🙂
    I was premature and only weighed like 2-3 pounds!

3. Louise April 3, 2009 at 1:11 pm #

Thats one big baby, mine was only 6Lb 6oz I couldn’t imagine carrying a baby that big.

4. KRISSY July 17, 2009 at 1:13 am #

TELL YOUR SIS CONGRATS I FEEL HER PAIN IM SCHEADULED FOR A C-SECTION TOMARROW THEY SAY MY BABY IS 10LBS 8OZ IM REALLY FREAKING OUT I HOPE ALL IS WELL. IVE BEEN CARRING AROUND A 10LBS BAG OF POT. TRYING TO IMAGINE WHAT IM IN FOR BUT YOUR SIS, BABY GIVES ME HOPE THAT IT WONT BE TO BAD I AM KINDA WORRIED THAT HELL BE SO BIG HIS NEWBORN CUTENESS WILL NOT BE PRESENT. BUT YOUR SIS BABY IT A DOLL SO THANKS I FEEL BETTER NOW.

• agentsully July 21, 2009 at 8:33 pm #

@Krissy – Sorry I wasn’t able to respond sooner. I would have said not to worry, that you will be fine. And as you probably already know, even a 10 lb baby is tiny and very very cute!

When I first saw my sisters baby, my first reaction was, “He’s so small!” I was expecting a giant baby.

Please let me know how it all went for you!

5. Anne August 5, 2009 at 2:26 pm #

My boy born in March was 11 lbs. 3 ozs. No C-section. No gestational diabetes. I’m tall, but not at all heavy. Anyone else have a big one?

6. Mary August 15, 2009 at 7:18 pm #

Hi there! I have had 4 children, 3 of them over 9lbs. My first was 9lb 2oz, my second, 3 weeks early, was 12lb 6oz!! I delivered him vaginally. It’s certainly doable. 🙂 My third son was 9lb 6oz, and my last child, a little girl, was exactly half the size of my 2nd son (12lb’er)at a petite 6lb 3oz. 🙂

What a beautiful child! 10lbs is definetly a big baby! 🙂

• agentsully August 22, 2009 at 11:48 am #

@Mary – Wow! That is an amazing variation in baby sizes! Congrats to you on your children. They are truly a huge blessing!

7. HomeMaker September 24, 2009 at 9:16 pm #

My dad was 14lbs, my little brother was 12lbs 8oz, and my son was 10lbs. And a 19lb baby was born in Indoneisa a few days ago. I don’t know what is going on with these huge babies.

• agentsully September 25, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

@Homemaker- Wow! Those are big babies! And the Indonesian one, wow! Could that really be true?

8. Bo Baby October 23, 2009 at 6:01 pm #

My first was 10lb 2, also by C section. I found that the recovery varied between women (I know quite afew who’ve had Cs too)

Top tip – get a V pillow. I found it invaluable for breastfeeding. He was just too heavy to hold.

Bigger babies I preferred because they feel more solid. I freak out at these tiny little things that are no more than bags of air!

9. becky November 26, 2009 at 5:18 pm #

my niece was 11lb. She’s really long to hold. A few days later my mates little niece was born and she was barely half that, lol.

• agentsully November 29, 2009 at 8:45 pm #

@Becky – Isn’t that amazing!

10. Lisa December 18, 2009 at 10:31 pm #

What a lovely baby…He is so big and so cute. Congratulations!!

I will be having my baby on Dec 22 via c-section…according to the ultrasound, my baby will be well over 9 pounds.

• agentsully December 31, 2009 at 5:22 pm #

@Lisa – Wow! How did it go? Thanks for the compliments!

11. kash August 22, 2010 at 2:01 am #

My best friend was the heaviest out of the four boys his mom had….his older brother was 10 lbs 7 oz his two younger ones were 9 lbs 13 oz and 11 lbs 12 oz…..he however weighed 14 lbs and 9 oz…..and she delivered him vaginally…..ouch lol

• AgentSully August 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm #

Yee-ouch! Thanks for sharing Kash!

12. Kathryn January 30, 2011 at 11:18 pm #

I had a 9,9 oz boy and a 9,14 girl pregnant again I love big babies alot easier to hold and still just as adorable

13. Ashley July 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm #

Wow that is awesome! Congrats and I hope everything is going good! It kinda reminds of me of the baby picture I have that was made at http://www.BabyGenerator.org where it morphs photos of the parents to create your future baby.

14. maria November 13, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

i had a big baby also same weight actually lol… yes big baby indeed. two weeks ago … it took not that long to push her out less than an hour and nurses said i would be pushing for three. the doc also said he estimated her being at least 8 pounds … quite a shock when he saw her ! lol… people were wondering if i had a csection… nope. did it all natural! 🙂

• AgentSully February 2, 2014 at 10:06 pm #

@Maria Wow! Congrats! Good for you! That’s quite an accomplishment! Cheers!

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes