10 Pounds 3 Ounces: That’s One Big Baby!!!

Congrats to my sister and brother-in-law!

My sister gave birth to a 10 pound 3 ounce baby boy yesterday! Whoo hoo!! Way to go sis!

Please keep them in your prayers as my sister needed to be operated on a second time after the c-section for internal bleeding. All is well now, but we’re praying for a full and quick recovery and relief of her pain. Thanks!

Before:

Pregnant Belly

After:

Big Baby

What’s the biggest baby you ever heard of being delivered? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

41 Responses to 10 Pounds 3 Ounces: That’s One Big Baby!!!

1. Tess January 20, 2008 at 7:45 am #

That is surely one big baby your sister got there. What a joyful bundle to see. I hope your sister has fully recovered.

2. Molly January 20, 2008 at 8:34 am #

Is the baby a boy or a Girl?

3. virtuozzo January 20, 2008 at 10:59 am #

Whoo! A 10 pound 3 ounce baby boy! Aww.. look at him, he is so cute, trying to open his eyes. Congratulations to your sister and your brother-in-law! We all pray for her. May our Lord bless your sister and her family with Good Health, Happiness, Love, Peace and Prosperity..

4. best time to get pregnant January 20, 2008 at 3:58 pm #

Wou, what a big belly:)

5. Jim January 20, 2008 at 4:17 pm #

Wow, that is quiet a belly. My niece just gave birth to a 9# 13 oz baby. She had a little more mass to her than your sister. I am sure you sister is very happy today, for many reasons!

Jim
    Baby and Toddler Information that is Spot on!

6. Do Follow Directory January 21, 2008 at 8:49 am #

WOW ! Now thats really really big. Just had to take a second look wow lol…

7. Motivator January 21, 2008 at 11:06 am #

Hi

I will pray here that your sister will surely get well soon…God bless her..

8. Susan January 21, 2008 at 12:38 pm #

My kids were 9 lbs and 11 lbs.

Susan

9. smitty January 21, 2008 at 6:23 pm #

This is absolutely one of the cutest babies i’ve ever seen!
    congratulations and all the best to you!

smitty

10. chinesebob January 21, 2008 at 6:27 pm #

My 3 bots were 10lbs 3oz, 11lbs 14oz, and 10lbs 11oz.

My wife is a saint.

11. Daniel January 22, 2008 at 12:52 am #

oh my god. the baby looks like an angel.eyes closed and crying. the baby will sure be a bundle of joys in the years to come. congrats on having a new member in ur life.

12. Mary January 22, 2008 at 4:05 pm #

the baby is so sweet 🙂

13. Jan January 24, 2008 at 10:58 am #

congrats to your sister! please tell us how is she doing after operation!

Baby is really sweet 🙂

14. porkchop February 1, 2008 at 9:44 pm #

I was 10 pounds 6 ounces and a C-section babe.

I heard that someone gave birth to a 13 pounder at one of our local hospitals.

15. Oo February 9, 2008 at 12:25 pm #

Well then, that’s one big baby, perhaps we need to start a new baby sumo league, you know, so the kid dont worry about no money after getting to the top 😉

16. enzyme scaredy cat February 15, 2008 at 7:16 am #

My girlfriend’s first child was around that weight when he was born. She explained to me the procedure they used to get him out a few weeks ago and I’ve been green around the gills ever since.

17. DG Haldeman May 1, 2008 at 3:46 am #

I heard that if you were big then your baby will be too. As well as if you were premature, you are at high risk of your baby being like that.

By the way, congratulations!

18. Baby formula August 18, 2008 at 4:13 am #

Beautiful big baby… very cute….

19. meme August 27, 2008 at 11:38 am #

thats not always true one of my friends was 320 before she got prego and her baby was full term and only 5lbs and 8 oz~!

20. May Lee November 24, 2008 at 12:27 am #

oh my goodness, ur belly is sure huge! ur baby is soo adorable. congrats!

21. BabyPictureMaker December 7, 2008 at 11:40 am #

That is one big baby! I weight just over 10 pounds too and I was one big baby! It all evened out though over time lol

22. ivy February 2, 2009 at 5:56 pm #

woooo….Big belly,big baby! 🙂
    I was premature and only weighed like 2-3 pounds!

23. Louise April 3, 2009 at 1:11 pm #

Thats one big baby, mine was only 6Lb 6oz I couldn’t imagine carrying a baby that big.

24. KRISSY July 17, 2009 at 1:13 am #

TELL YOUR SIS CONGRATS I FEEL HER PAIN IM SCHEADULED FOR A C-SECTION TOMARROW THEY SAY MY BABY IS 10LBS 8OZ IM REALLY FREAKING OUT I HOPE ALL IS WELL. IVE BEEN CARRING AROUND A 10LBS BAG OF POT. TRYING TO IMAGINE WHAT IM IN FOR BUT YOUR SIS, BABY GIVES ME HOPE THAT IT WONT BE TO BAD I AM KINDA WORRIED THAT HELL BE SO BIG HIS NEWBORN CUTENESS WILL NOT BE PRESENT. BUT YOUR SIS BABY IT A DOLL SO THANKS I FEEL BETTER NOW.

• agentsully July 21, 2009 at 8:33 pm #

@Krissy – Sorry I wasn’t able to respond sooner. I would have said not to worry, that you will be fine. And as you probably already know, even a 10 lb baby is tiny and very very cute!

When I first saw my sisters baby, my first reaction was, “He’s so small!” I was expecting a giant baby.

Please let me know how it all went for you!

25. Anne August 5, 2009 at 2:26 pm #

My boy born in March was 11 lbs. 3 ozs. No C-section. No gestational diabetes. I’m tall, but not at all heavy. Anyone else have a big one?

26. Mary August 15, 2009 at 7:18 pm #

Hi there! I have had 4 children, 3 of them over 9lbs. My first was 9lb 2oz, my second, 3 weeks early, was 12lb 6oz!! I delivered him vaginally. It’s certainly doable. 🙂 My third son was 9lb 6oz, and my last child, a little girl, was exactly half the size of my 2nd son (12lb’er)at a petite 6lb 3oz. 🙂

What a beautiful child! 10lbs is definetly a big baby! 🙂

• agentsully August 22, 2009 at 11:48 am #

@Mary – Wow! That is an amazing variation in baby sizes! Congrats to you on your children. They are truly a huge blessing!

27. HomeMaker September 24, 2009 at 9:16 pm #

My dad was 14lbs, my little brother was 12lbs 8oz, and my son was 10lbs. And a 19lb baby was born in Indoneisa a few days ago. I don’t know what is going on with these huge babies.

• agentsully September 25, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

@Homemaker- Wow! Those are big babies! And the Indonesian one, wow! Could that really be true?

28. Bo Baby October 23, 2009 at 6:01 pm #

My first was 10lb 2, also by C section. I found that the recovery varied between women (I know quite afew who’ve had Cs too)

Top tip – get a V pillow. I found it invaluable for breastfeeding. He was just too heavy to hold.

Bigger babies I preferred because they feel more solid. I freak out at these tiny little things that are no more than bags of air!

29. becky November 26, 2009 at 5:18 pm #

my niece was 11lb. She’s really long to hold. A few days later my mates little niece was born and she was barely half that, lol.

• agentsully November 29, 2009 at 8:45 pm #

@Becky – Isn’t that amazing!

30. Lisa December 18, 2009 at 10:31 pm #

What a lovely baby…He is so big and so cute. Congratulations!!

I will be having my baby on Dec 22 via c-section…according to the ultrasound, my baby will be well over 9 pounds.

• agentsully December 31, 2009 at 5:22 pm #

@Lisa – Wow! How did it go? Thanks for the compliments!

31. kash August 22, 2010 at 2:01 am #

My best friend was the heaviest out of the four boys his mom had….his older brother was 10 lbs 7 oz his two younger ones were 9 lbs 13 oz and 11 lbs 12 oz…..he however weighed 14 lbs and 9 oz…..and she delivered him vaginally…..ouch lol

• AgentSully August 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm #

Yee-ouch! Thanks for sharing Kash!

32. Kathryn January 30, 2011 at 11:18 pm #

I had a 9,9 oz boy and a 9,14 girl pregnant again I love big babies alot easier to hold and still just as adorable

33. Ashley July 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm #

Wow that is awesome! Congrats and I hope everything is going good! It kinda reminds of me of the baby picture I have that was made at http://www.BabyGenerator.org where it morphs photos of the parents to create your future baby.

34. maria November 13, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

i had a big baby also same weight actually lol… yes big baby indeed. two weeks ago … it took not that long to push her out less than an hour and nurses said i would be pushing for three. the doc also said he estimated her being at least 8 pounds … quite a shock when he saw her ! lol… people were wondering if i had a csection… nope. did it all natural! 🙂

• AgentSully February 2, 2014 at 10:06 pm #

@Maria Wow! Congrats! Good for you! That’s quite an accomplishment! Cheers!