Weight Loss: A New Approach for Lasting Results

healthy body

photo by craygc

If your New Year’s Resolution involves losing weight this year, then please take a peak at my latest article at Dumb Little Man:

Weight Loss: A New Approach for Lasting Results

What’s your best weight loss tip? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

You can Support Life Learning Today by visiting one of my sponsors, making a donation, or making a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

20 Responses to Weight Loss: A New Approach for Lasting Results

1. neil strauss January 3, 2008 at 1:29 pm #

The best way to lose weight is to have a balanced diet. I don’t think dieting (as in eating less) is the solution. The best thing to do is to do exercise. We just can’t be lazy. Even walking can burn alot of calories. If we can’t make ourselves go to the gym then at least walk one hour a day.

2. kim January 3, 2008 at 9:00 pm #

I liked the article, thanks a lot

3. crafty blogger January 4, 2008 at 5:17 pm #

Great article. This is a constant struggle for a lot of people, but I agree somewhat with Neil as a balanced diet with more output is key, instead of eating less and erratically. I have seen many people starve themselves only to get fatter when they eat just a little – metabolism is funny like that.

4. man boob January 4, 2008 at 5:20 pm #

Losing weight seems to be one of the most common resolutions. I guess it’s cause people gain weight in the winter from inactivity and eating all the great food!

5. Aromatherapy Recipes January 5, 2008 at 2:32 pm #

Nice article with helpful advices. Well done

6. kev grant January 6, 2008 at 1:24 pm #

Hi. all good advice, but from a fitpro’s point of view the biggest thing you can do is just get on with it, and in a consistent way.

this is also the time of year when 90% of the “go to gym 3 times then quit until next NYE” brigade are most active, don’t let yourself become another one of those.

I always have to ask myself why would anyone be waiting until NY to do this? surely the time to start anything is always now. not tomorrow, or Monday, or next year, but NOW.

we’re actually going as far as to not sign new clients in January this year as they tend to be the “not serious about it” class. I’ll let my competition waste their time with that lot this year 🙂

more about this routine NY phenomena in my blog if anyone’s interested Ibiza Personal Trainer Blog

7. Weight Loss Pills User January 15, 2008 at 3:09 am #

Nice and long article. But you must remember that what important is the EFFORT. You can talk many things, people can teach us many things but if we never have enough discipline to take action, we will get nothing.

8. Build Muscle Fast January 29, 2008 at 12:12 pm #

I like to stick tot he basics. Cardio most days of the week, weight training to maintain muscle mass, and a balanced diet (with daily calories cut back)

9. JacobHill March 14, 2008 at 10:01 pm #

I like your article thanks.

Jacob

10. Weight Loss Addict March 16, 2008 at 11:27 am #

I am just dieting to remain at the current weight. I m unable to reduce any weight though. Seems like I need to exercise to reduce weight.

James

11. i want a six pack March 16, 2008 at 3:09 pm #

Agreed, weight loss is about a calorie deficit through diet and cardio.

12. allergytreatment April 20, 2008 at 10:19 am #

I have one tips of weight loss that eat coconut oil before your meal. 1 spoon/meal and 3 times/day. Because coconut oil boost metaborism burn fat. 🙂

13. agentsully April 25, 2008 at 4:27 pm #

@allergytreatment – I wish I could get the definitive answer on whether coconut oil, which is mostly saturated fats, is good, neutral or bad for you. I’ve read all different answers to that question.

14. Get a Flat Stomach April 29, 2008 at 2:53 pm #

I liked that article a lot

15. How to lose belly fat June 11, 2008 at 8:26 pm #

reduce the number of calories you eat with a healthy diet and burn the excess fat with full body workouts

16. Kill Weight September 23, 2008 at 6:49 pm #

Eight to ten glasses of water are key; A glass is considered to be at least 8 oz. Also, three servings of dairy, whether it is milk, cheese, or yogurt is helpful. I have found the perfect solution for that I-have-to-snack feeling, cereal. Doesn’t matter if it is Cheerios of Coco Puffs. The vitamins are vital and it’s low in calories and fat.

17. agentsully October 1, 2008 at 4:36 pm #

Check out my post for more info:

18. Deit October 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm #

I found one of the best ways to loose weight is cut portions down I eat the same things as before and lost weight.

19. exercises lose weight December 29, 2008 at 5:56 pm #

Weight loss is all about eating healthy, never eat more than you should, exercising and sweating. It’s really all about living a healthy lifestyle.

20. Jack December 5, 2009 at 2:17 am #

yes really a nice and big article. The must to do thing is strong dedication which is always needed in this kind of stuffs. Thanks for sharing the article