Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible?

Lose Belly Fat

Yes! Of course it is! Don’t give up! There is hope. The key is to understand how your body works and to have a comprehensive plan that you will execute over a reasonable period of time. Translation: this is not a quick fix. But, remember, it is doable! Take the turtle approach, slow and steady, and you’ll get there.

Now it is true that fat cells don’t disappear unless you surgically remove them. But you don’t need to go that route because fat cells can shrink! You may think “Oh, boy, this is going to be difficult.” It will take work, yes, but remember it’s not impossible. There is a solution. You can trim your tummy. This is great news!

I’ve assembled a guide here that includes the best tips from my own personal experience as well as other experts in the fields of diet, exercise, and stress-management.

If you want the total solution in full detail, check out my ebook “The Secrets to a Healthy Life,” which details the fully researched health regimen I used to lose 15 pounds and become a much healthier and happier person. (And yes, a flatter tummy too!)

Diet Tips for Losing Belly Fat

If you want a sleeker tummy, then you’ll want to lose weight overall and more specifically you’ll want to lose fat. Spot reductions are not feasible. However if you carry most of the weight in your mid-section then the good news is that’s where you will see the results first. Here are the tips for healthy dieting:

1. Weight Loss Plan.

2. What to Eat.

• Balanced Diet where your calorie breakdown follows these percentages approximately: (check out How to Eat Healthierfor more information)
    • 35% lean protein (vegetarian is healthiest – beans, nuts, tofu, seitan, lots of green veggies)
    • 35% high fiber carbohydrates (shoot for 25-30g fiber per day)
    • 30% healthy fats (olive oil, flaxseed oil – bear in mind you can’t cook with flaxseed oil, add it to salads or already steamed vegetables for flavor and other important nutrients)
  • Eat lots of vegetable and fruits that have a low glycemic index. Here is a list of foods and their glycemix index. To reduce fat, steam your vegetables or stir fry in broth.
  • Drink Your Fruits/Veggies! This is an easy way to eat healthy. Blend up smoothies, vegetable drinks, or quick puree soups. I can’t recommend anything more highly than a VitaMix blender. It’s a little pricey, but they last a lifetime and they make eating healthy a breeze. I love mine!
  • Consider taking a CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid), 1000mg 3 times a day with meals. In studies CLA was shown to reduce body fat, in particular in the belly area. If you have diabetes or are at risk for diabetes, check with your doctor first. UPDATE: I no longer recommend CLA supplements. I don’t think that CLA will hurt you, but from all my research, it appears that the most effective, safe, and healthy way to lose weight is to follow a whole foods plant based diet called a Vegan diet. Also check out Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedmand and Kim Barnouin. (FYI: It’s not a diet of misery. It’s a delicious way to eat, otherwise I wouldn’t do it!)
  • If you eat meat, buy organic meats which have lower saturated fat content and higher natural levels of CLA.

3. Resources.

Exercise Tips to Lose Belly Fat

When trying to lose belly fat the important thing to remember is to include whole body exercises and to rotate your workouts in order to continually provide a challenge for your body. Otherwise your body becomes acclimated and does not receive as much benefit as if you vary your workouts. So for example if you always jog 30 minutes every day, that will be less effective than if you do different types of workouts every few days. Here are the exercise tips for losing tummy fat:

1. Do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily. Brisk walking or jogging are great low cost exercises to do, but anything that you enjoy and that gets your heart rate up is fine. Shoot for at least 3-5 times per week at a minimum. Here is an excellent article on varying your jogging workouts. And here is an article on how to become a runner.
2. Do whole body workouts 2-3 times per week such as yoga (strenuous) or Pilates or a weight-lifting program. These types of exercises will build muscle, increase metabolism, and make losing fat easier. Here is a link to my favorite yoga and Pilates videos.
3. Instead of cruches, try these Army exercises that strengthen and tone your stomach as part of a whole body workout.
4. Hold your stomach muscles in during the day whenever you can think of it. This will strengthen your abdominal girdle and create a flatter stomach.
5. Sit up straight and pull in your stomach muscles when sitting. You might want to create physical reminders to do this such as a post-it note at your desk or a loose rubber band around your wrist.
6. Stretching. Take breaks throughout the day to do back bending stretches that will stretch out your stomach muscles and keep them from becoming shortened which is not good for your stomach or your back.

Additional Resource: Check out “Why Is Exercise Good for You?” This gives you information on all the cool ways that your body changes when you exercise. It’s very motivating!

Anti-Stress Strategies for Losing Belly Fat

You may have seen commercials for supplements that will help you regulate the hormone cortisol in order to lose belly fat. Well controlling cortisol is very good idea, however supplements are not the way to go. What you want to do is reduce the stress that produces the cortisol hormone.

Cortisol is a hormone that regulates carbohydrate metabolism and blood pressure. When you encounter stress, including lack of sleep, cortisol boosts your energy level by producing glucose. If you have chronically high stress levels then you’ll have too much of this hormone. This will keep your appetite stimulated and also keeps glucose production high. The body converts excess glucose into fat, which is usually stored in the midsection for quick access by your body.

How do you neutralize the stress of daily life? With relaxation techniques. Here are some helpful ideas:

1. Get Enough Sleep. Only you know how much sleep you need, but if you are routinely dragging during the day feeling sleepy, lethargic, exhausted, etc., then you probably need to get more sleep.

2. De-Stress Breaks. Take small breaks throughout the day, say every 1-3 hours. On the break you can:

3. Try Tai Chi, Qigong, or Yoga a few times a week.

• Here are a list of my favorite yoga videos.
  • Here are two Qigong videos I recommend:
  • Qigong for Stress Relief – Francesco Garripoli
  • Qigong beginning practice – Francesco Garripoli

4. Meditate Daily. Meditate for 10-20 minutes 1-2 times per day, once in the morning and once in the later part of the day. This will set the tone for your day and help curb the automatic stress response. Here are a few recommended meditation and self-hypnosis guides:

5. Calming Guidance. Consider listening to positive audio tapes in your car or on your daily exercise. The one that I highly recommend is Andrew Matthews, “Happiness and Success” audio program. The website is one of those salesy sites, but never fear, this is probably the best self-help product I ever bought. I listen to it often and always refer my friends to his books and audio programs.

Other Considerations When Trying to Lose Belly Fat

1. Hypothyroidism. If you follow all these steps and can’t lose weight check with your doctor as you may have an under active thyroid which can throw off your metabolism and cause you to gain weight.

2. Buddy Up for Success. Enlist a friend, colleague, or family member to join your challenge. You’ll be more successful if you have someone to encourage and push you!

3. Hire a Personal Trainer. Think of all the stuff you buy that you don’t need. Why not spend money on something that could make a real difference in your health? This is great if you need help with discipline or with crafting an exercise routine.

4. Make Healthy Eating Easy. Fruits and veggie eating is the best way to be healthy and lose weight. You can eat as much as you want! Blend them into smoothies and soups. I can’t recommend anything more highly than a VitaMix blender. It’s a little pricey, but they last a lifetime and they make eating healthy a breeze. I love mine!

Do you have a success story on losing your tummy fat? If you’re just starting let us know so we can all encourage you! All comments big and small are very welcomed!

If you want the total solution in full detail, how I lost 15 pounds and got a flatter tummy, check out my ebook “The Secrets to a Healthy Life.”

If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or make a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!

, , ,

206 Responses to Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible?

1. Jerad Kaliher November 13, 2007 at 1:16 am #

To tell you the truth I began to give up. If I’m not playing a sport it’s pretty hard for me to focus on one area of my body.

These are some really great little tips to add into my daily repertoire without having to think about it.

2. Justin Roepel November 13, 2007 at 2:17 am #

Thanks for this great article on weight loss. I especially like the inclusion of anti-stress strategies. I do have a quick question for everybody out there… What is your opinion on the effectiveness of CLA? I’ve tried it before and can’t be sure I noticed a difference. Is it worth the cost and apparently risk to use it? Thanks in advance!

3. Neta's mom November 13, 2007 at 7:55 am #

Very nice article,

I do agree that stress will keep our appetite stimulated and keeps glucose production high. What I just know from this article is cortisol is the hormon that responsible for regulates carbohydrate metabolism and blood pressure.

The key words to be success to loose belly fat are commitment, disiplin and practice. by doing these, we can be succeded to be slim and free from belly fat.

4. dingmo ed December 4, 2007 at 1:50 pm #

I am always amazed by people who have the misconception that if they have a beer gut or something, they can just do crunches all day to magically lose it. sigh, great article, it was a good read. And ill just take the opportunity to say i love reading your blog and love the pictures you pick for your articles.

5. Stomach Exercise Lady December 6, 2007 at 6:53 pm #

Very well written article. I believe this is the only, permenant way of losing belly fat.

6. Tighten and Tone Stomach December 15, 2007 at 2:02 pm #

You have a specific result you want. You want to see your abs. The “6- pack” look.

We can break this down to 2 factors.

1) You must have a relatively low amount of fat stored in the abdominal region.

2) You must build the muscle fiber of the abdominal muscles

2 steps are all it takes. I’m not saying it’s easy. I’m saying that if you follow these 2 steps, you’ll have the look you want- and you’ll look good with your shirt off, on the beach, or however you like to spend time naked :)

7. Menopause Resources December 18, 2007 at 12:31 am #

This information is very help full for the people who are working in software and call center industries because they don’t have time to exercise and due to cotinious sitting and working through out the day the Fat percentage increases so the tips provided by you helps us to Lose Weight Fast And Keep It Off.

8. sohan January 10, 2008 at 8:25 am #

hi i wana reduce my tummy.i m 25 years old n unmarried i was slim but in 2006 i had a heart surgery it was congenital vsd case.now i m ok but after surgery my weight has increased n tummy as well.pls giv me some suggesions.i wana b slim

9. flax seed January 10, 2008 at 10:21 am #

Thanks for the great info on this article. I agree, getting into a balanced diet is necessary in the intent of weight loss and loss of belly fat. Striking a balance between carbo, fats and proteins is a good way to start. Oftentimes, we overload on carbs thinking this won’t get us fat. But it can actually! Too much carbo in the system prevents the uptake of stored fat as an energy resource and that’s how we end up on the flab side–even if we cut down on fats. It would also help to get a daily dietary supplement such as flax seed (like you said). This one helps regulate metabolism and weight as well.

10. Patricia Dailey February 8, 2008 at 8:07 am #

I am a 62 year old woman, so far have lost about 45 lbs. Now I have all this ugly fat hanging every where, looks worse than when i was fat. Is it possible to get rid of it without going under the knife. Im just too old for that.
    Pat

11. NoMoreFatDad March 3, 2008 at 12:40 pm #

Thanks for the great article. The no-nonsense information you provide is all anyone really needs to get on the right track towards a healthy, lean body. I really wish people were more receptive to this type of message rather than the 8-minute abs type of messages everyone seems to believe in.

12. Stomach Exercises March 4, 2008 at 8:52 am #

Very nice article,

Its all about striking a balance between diet and exercise

I especially like the anti-stress strategies you mention.

13. body wraps for weight loss March 7, 2008 at 11:12 am #

I have been looking all over for the low glycemic fruits and vegetable chart online. Thanks! Also which pilates video is your favorite on the page you referred to? There are a list of 10 of them.

14. i want a six pack March 14, 2008 at 4:03 pm #

excellent post, spot reductions are not only not feasable.. but also not possible ;) for a well defined midsection people need to lower their body fat aswell as strengthen their abs.

15. shivani March 16, 2008 at 11:24 am #

I have yet to see a site as informative as yours without any hidden costs or intent to sell products. Thank you so much for this wonderful service you are doing and please continue. All the approaches listed by you are very practical and do-able.

16. Easy Witchcraft March 20, 2008 at 8:08 pm #

I was always overweight until I became vegetarian. I’ve been vegan for almost 10 years now and it’s amazing how much I can eat without worrying about putting on extra pounds.

You can make great vegan cakes and desserts, too, and they’re usually pretty healthy.

17. aortic stenosis March 27, 2008 at 2:17 am #

I must say you have very well put up the article

Thank you for sharing such valuable information

Gr8 Work

Keep it up

18. Quit Smoking Today April 4, 2008 at 5:49 pm #

Wow, that’s a heap of info. Thanks for sharing the info. I have been able to lose belly fat while doing exercises to better my health after smoking. Well it only took daily running sessions to start, now I’m running using intervals to power up my workout.

19. agentsully April 5, 2008 at 9:42 am #

@ Quit Smoking. Good for you! Keep up the good work!

20. Bill needs to lose weight naturally April 7, 2008 at 3:48 pm #

Can I add something about dieting to your excellent post?

Dieting is the practice of ingesting food in a regulated fashion to achieve or maintain a controlled weight. In many cases the goal is weight loss, but some athletes aspire to gain weight (usually in the form of muscle) and diets can also be used to maintain a stable body weight.

21. Lose Fat April 16, 2008 at 5:06 pm #

I’m glad that you mentioned that holding your stomach in helps to look flatter. In bodybuilding, that is called stomach vacuumes. They help to build your transverse abdominals and keep your stomach tighter and slimmer.

22. Get a Flat Stomach April 29, 2008 at 2:48 pm #

Nice collection of tips and resources there

23. MikeN May 2, 2008 at 1:19 pm #

Your advice to consider taking a CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid), 1000mg 3 times a day with meals links to the wikipedia site; it provides information about CLA and says it may or may not be harmful to the human body. From my reading, it provides more evidence that it would be HARMFUL. I would suggest anyone willing to take CLA talk to a doctor first. Reducing your life span to loss a few pounds is NOT WORTH IT.

MN

24. www.fababsreviews.com May 12, 2008 at 11:14 am #

Great article, you really cover a lot here. It’s definitely a balancing act and no one thing on it’s own is best. Like most things, there are several ways to lose belly fat, at least there are several exercises. You’ve listed a few as well as given resources to other exercises. I know I found out a couple of new things about losing tummy fat. The right diet and the right exercises combined is the best way to go.I think a lot of people will benefit from this.

25. Lose Fat May 12, 2008 at 4:54 pm #

While trying to lose belly fat it is important that you have a positive attitude.

I also think that changing your diet is more important for healthy weight loss then exercise, but combining them is ideal of course.

Thanks for an excellent post.

26. Angelina Dickerson May 13, 2008 at 12:08 pm #

I am looking for a diet for a diabetic male. I did not see anything on your web page, please send information.

27. Stomach Fat May 15, 2008 at 9:30 am #

The advice about getting enough sleep is very important. From my experience it can have a huge effect on your results

28. The Acai Berry May 19, 2008 at 8:22 am #

What a exhaustive list. How long did it take you to put this together? -a whole week? jk

29. Paul Johnson May 20, 2008 at 12:46 pm #

Natural ways of losing belly fats are the best and the safest ways. But more people, especially those who are over weight resort on gastric bypass surgery to lose weight.

30. I Quit Smoking May 27, 2008 at 7:00 pm #

OOOh, I want the belly on the model image you show :)
    Thanks for the tips!

31. Flat Stomach Exercises May 30, 2008 at 9:09 am #

well written article. It’s the combination of various actions and changes in habits which will result in losing belly fat

32. lowfat-recipes May 30, 2008 at 11:27 am #

great blog!
    i have a new site about low fat recipes,can i make a exchange link with you?
    thanks!

33. D.R.L May 30, 2008 at 12:02 pm #

Thx for the tips

34. Steve June 2, 2008 at 6:50 am #

This is a very well written article with some great info. Thanks

35. how to loose weight fast June 2, 2008 at 6:53 am #

There is some awesome tips on loosing that belly fat. Great work

36. agentsully June 2, 2008 at 11:53 am #

@ Steve -thanks!

37. sarav June 8, 2008 at 10:10 am #

Nice marketing article…
    Just count the number of outlinks to amazon.. :)

38. sarav June 8, 2008 at 10:12 am #

Genuine opinions should be debated/argued not moderated…waiting to see the previous comment online

39. agentsully June 8, 2008 at 9:42 pm #

@Sarav – my goal here was to put forth the best information and resources to help people lose belly fat in the most effective way possible, with no gimmicks. There are several amazon links, yes.

This does not make the information in this post any less valid. Most of the books, I personally recommend. Folks can certainly borrow most of these books from their local library instead of buying them. I also made a point to recommend books that offer a different approach to tackling this difficult, but achievable goal. There are many ways to skin this cat. What matters is that each person find the approach that they can stick with.

Also notice that there are many links to totally free resources.

If a reader purchases a book that I recommended through Amazon, that helps support the free advice that I write about. It doesn’t cost them any extra.

I thank everyone who supports Life Learning Today with Amazon purchases. I hope that everyone succeeds in their goal to lose weight. If anyone has questions or comments on this topic, I welcome them!

Please share your successes and struggles here! We’d love to hear about them to congratulate you and to encourage you on your journey!

Thank you for your comment, Sarav. Wishing you all the best.

40. healthy soup diet June 13, 2008 at 11:38 pm #

Thanks for those easy belly exercises and diet recommendations..you save me some bucks from buying a book…

41. How to Lose Belly Fat June 16, 2008 at 2:10 am #

Losing belly fat is a change many people need to make. However, its not just a diet or exercise change, it’s a lifestyle change.

Good article.

42. Fitness June 23, 2008 at 5:58 am #

thanks a lot for all those tipps. Great article…

43. mimo June 30, 2008 at 8:25 am #

i want to lose fat but i dont now how

44. Audrey July 1, 2008 at 10:00 am #

Hello everyone. I use to weigh almost 300 lbs, Now I am about 160. Overall cardio was my method including moderate weight training. My waist went from a 52 to a 29 (now). Also, I delat with alot of issues mentally that was making me keep the weight on. Good luck to everyone. Be Blessed.

45. Dani July 7, 2008 at 7:50 pm #

@ Audrey: 300lbs to 160? You inspire me! I recently gained a few pounds and was happy to find this article – sometimes a reminder that it’s not a quick fix and that I need to dedicate time is helpful. I’ve been working out for a month and was a little depressed that I hadn’t lost it all, but this article and great comments help me remember it’s not a race and I should be back to my old self if I can just dedicate a few more months without getting discouraged.

46. agentsully July 9, 2008 at 8:32 pm #

@Dani and Audrey – I am equally inspired! Congrats!

I think I’ve learned (finally) that it’s not about a quick race to lose weight, but rather a long-term way of life for health!

47. agentsully July 9, 2008 at 9:13 pm #

@mimo – please read my post on “how to eat healthier.”

It is the most impactful thing you can do to lose weight! Good luck and let us know how you’re doing!

48. Tony July 12, 2008 at 11:41 am #

You’re 62. Your skin has stretched and had been in that state a majority of your life. It’s good that you lost all that weight, but your skin has lost most, if not all it’s elasticity. So to answer your question, “highly unlikely”.

49. agentsully July 17, 2008 at 9:53 pm #

@Tony – you’re right that stretched skin can be difficult to fix, but the weight can be lost. I’m no expert, but maybe if it is lost over a long period of time produces a better chance of the skin shrinking? I’m just hypothesizing here.

But for those who really lose the weight, if there is a lot of excess skin, it can be surgically removed. Of course there are risks with any surgery, so all the factors have to be weighed carefully when making such a decision.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

50. Fat Burning Foods Guide August 4, 2008 at 2:55 am #

What a great article. I recently started doing some of the suggestions in your article and I’m already feeling that it’s working for me. I can fit into my pants that I had trouble getting into just a few weeks ago.

51. Motley Health August 8, 2008 at 9:20 pm #

Good advice. Women should not fear weight training – pump some iron, so compound exercises like squats, rows, barbell curls, bench press. Women do not generally bulk up, and weight training is an excellent way to burn fat. If in doubt, watch the Olympic runners, and see how many female athletes have six packs. Train hard, eat well.

52. Gina Lisa August 13, 2008 at 6:49 am #

Wow, that’s what I call a lot of information… I’m desperately trying to lose my belly fat for five years now, so I’ll browse through all the ressources. Maybe there is actually a way to lose the dreaded belly fat.

53. francesco vitetta August 15, 2008 at 5:23 pm #

It is always a tough subject. Try to eat healthy, have a good job and look after your skin.

54. kaleyy September 1, 2008 at 7:32 pm #

hello!! losing belly fat is harder than it seems so dont let these things trick youu!! :]

55. Anna September 8, 2008 at 3:49 pm #

Hi, I’d really love a quick reply to this. This is gonna sound kind of lame, but I was wondering is there’s any sort of routine I can do to temporarily shrink my belly fat in just 3 days. It doesn’t have to be permanent but I’m going out round town with my friends on Friday, and I just want to look nice as my belly will be showing. I’m not crazy, I don’t want a dangerous diet or anything, but I wondered is there were any exercises I could do just to tighten it up for my night out. Thanks.

56. Anna September 11, 2008 at 8:08 am #

well that was fairly pointless. i had 3 days to get an answer, and 3 days later its not even moderated

57. Paul September 13, 2008 at 4:40 pm #

Swiming worked wonders for me. 5 hours of swiming each week worked like crazy and I went to having muscle in under a month.

58. Dan September 18, 2008 at 6:10 am #

Don’t forget about exercise! Among my favourite things to do is the gym but some people like outdoor sports, some like swimming, whatever works for you :)

59. ALICE September 19, 2008 at 6:48 am #

dear life learning,

ineed to know those exercise by names and the type of food that can quit out the fatty belly.

thanks.

60. digitalnomad September 21, 2008 at 10:55 am #

Thanks agent. I was looking for info on yoga, and guess who I found…

Digi

61. I Love Carbs Lacee September 25, 2008 at 3:55 pm #

What I wouldn’t give for a belly like the Shania Twain looking woman in the picture. I guess I can dream a little bit…hehe.

Great tips for a diet. I love eating carbs and that is a real hang up for me, especially trying to maintain a low carb diet. I found out something that has been very helpful, so maybe it will help your readers as well.

You can eat starchy foods. You just need to eat them before you exercise. That way they are burned for something good and not stored as fat. This tip has really helped maintain my weight.

good luck everybody

62. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:04 pm #

Hey Digi – That’s funny! Cool. Nice to see you here. Thanks for leaving a message!

63. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:07 pm #

@Alice – Go for a whole foods plant based diet. And for a no-brainer exercise take up speed walking or jogging for minimum 30 minutes per day. Add the other exercises later.

64. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:19 pm #

@Anna – sorry to get to your question so late. Yes. I have been away from my blog for a while with my “day job.”

To answer your question, there’s nothing that I would recommend to lose belly fat in 3 days. You could possibly loose water weight by switching over to a low-sodium whole foods plant based vegan diet for a few days. By eliminating dairy and meat and possibly wheat (if you are sensitive to it) you could reduce chronic inflammation thereby losing some (water) weight.

That is what I would recommend for a 3 day diet and also for a life long diet. Check out my post on “The Secrets to a Healthy Life.”

Wishing you all the best!

65. Disease October 2, 2008 at 8:53 pm #

anyone can lose the weight with patience and self control.

66. Loose Fat October 8, 2008 at 1:11 am #

Wow, this is one fantastic resource. Thanks for putting so much effort into creating this. Some great tips in there as well. I’ve only just started yoga but am loving it!

67. Andrew October 10, 2008 at 4:53 pm #

I was overweight for many years causing a lot of heart ache and pain. I was in a bad way and even hurt my back because of it. I tried many forms of exercise until i discovered Pilates this worked for me and has helped a lot. I thought that these simple easy looking exercises would never help but i persevered and i’m glad i did. that was 4 years ago now and i have lost so much weight that i feel confident for the first time in my life and my back core muscles are strong again giving me the ability to live life to the full. If anyone reads the information provided by you and follows a pilates exercises i know they will become like me. Thanks for the wonderful information keep up the good work.

68. skwinny wannabe October 13, 2008 at 12:35 am #

NIce article!
    I’m looking forward what new body I’ll have by April! =D
    And good resources, too. =)

69. Sharleen October 28, 2008 at 9:57 am #

You gave me all the answers I need. It comes to a point where you just don’t know what your doing wrong. But as a female i’ve learned that confidence and patients will set in. Thank you. Great advice!

70. Gavin November 19, 2008 at 7:16 pm #

Excellent advice and diet is key! It is amazing how much discipline and accountability comes into play too in losing that stubborn belly fat!

71. hannah November 26, 2008 at 5:33 am #

if i am to loose my wait the way you say i will be very happy.

72. hannah November 26, 2008 at 5:37 am #

is it relly possible for me to loose my over weight.

73. Amy December 7, 2008 at 8:08 pm #

Thanks the tips really work! I am glad I found your website.

74. Holly December 7, 2008 at 10:21 pm #

First let me begin by saying that you have put together a very informative article with a lot of helpful tips. I am a young mother (23 yrs. old). My daughter is 3. I gained 60 lbs. during my pregnancy and so far I have only been able to loose 30 lbs. of that which I lost immediately after having her. So, needless to say, I have been carrying around 30-40 lbs. of extra weight for 3 years now. I have tried numerous diets but I can’t seem to stick to any of them. Do you have any suggestions for getting motivated and staying motivated? Also, is there anything that I should do in the beginning to jump start my new way of eating (maybe like a specific diet to detoxify or boost my metabolism)? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance.

75. Get 6 Pack December 14, 2008 at 1:16 pm #

Great Article, Goes into alot of depth, Il have to fully read this again tonight.
    Bookmarked and thanks!

76. Cory December 19, 2008 at 10:03 pm #

at i want a six pack, this does work but not for muscles too much, it just gets rid of the body fat already there

77. Lose Belly Fat Guy February 2, 2009 at 7:40 am #

Hey,

Nice article – What I found really changed everything for me was the bodyweight exercises that you touch on.
    For me, 80% of my workout is based on function training and multi-joint exercises – dumbbell rows, snatches, squats, working your back and legs in general as they are some of the largest muscles. This has helped me boost my metabolism loads, therefore resulting in me shredding pounds.

Good stuff.
    Alex

78. bauchfett February 25, 2009 at 5:17 am #

Great post! Many thanks for the comprehensive info. It contain quality information that will help very much to lose belly fat and get desired body having flat stomach. Thanks again!

79. six pack February 27, 2009 at 5:00 am #

Great hub! Its comprehensive informative. Exercise and proper diet makes possible to lose the fat around the belly.

80. Slim Seductions March 3, 2009 at 11:17 am #

I think people are misled when people say “Lose Belly Fat” because they think you can actually target where you want to lose fat, which you can’t unless you get Lipo.

• agentsully March 6, 2009 at 6:19 pm #

@Slim – you can’t target only one area for fat loss, but you can lose belly fat with an overall fitness strategy.

81. Amy March 19, 2009 at 10:39 am #

I’m 14. And im not fat but i have a little belly fat, and tiny love handles. im a gymnast so i expect myself to look better, and im like the only one on my team who has fat on their body, and i feel horrible when im in a leotard at practice, or in a bikini. i just want a body like all my friends do. i know i have nice abs too. they arent visible becaus of my fat. my body is like really ‘wide’ and i hate it so much. i practice 5 days a week for 3 hours a day too, so im getting enough excercise right? i need help!

• agentsully March 22, 2009 at 12:02 pm #

@Amy – it sounds like you are exercising a lot! My advice is shoot for health, fun and loving yourself. Here’s what I mean:

Exercise is great. Do the exercise that makes you happy and appreciate your strengths. If gymnastics does that for you, then focus on that and not a small amount of fat around your middle. Women have all different bodies, but generally speaking most women have more fat then men. Since you are 14 the girls on your team may not have developed that layer yet. (But they will!)

Exercise should be fun and support good health. Do you feel healthy and strong? Do you have fun with it?

Have you considered branching into dance, in particular middle eastern or belly dance? I do this and I find that it builds self-esteem and love for your body as well as providing excellent exercise. And it is so much fun! I have learned to love my tummy and the small layer of fat. It makes the dance more beautiful.

Maybe dancing is not for you, but please do find a sport or activity that not only keeps you healthy but supports your self-esteem. Don’t find the beautiful body that you have. Cherish it for all that it does for you everyday.

What do you think?

82. Darlene March 26, 2009 at 9:24 am #

i love this article :)
    very inspiring and makes me beleivei can lose this little belly fat i have!

• agentsully April 3, 2009 at 3:07 pm #

@Darlene – you can do it! Be kind to yourself and go slow. Slow weight loss is the best and longest lasting too!

83. megan April 14, 2009 at 2:35 pm #

thnx it really helps an dill try 2 do it! lol

84. help seeker April 14, 2009 at 2:42 pm #

hi im 14 and need help!
    i do 3 hours of sport a week plus once or twice a week i go tennis for an hour.
    but i’m the fattest in the class (everyone else is really skinner) and im a little jealous =( !
    But i love fruit and veg!
    what can i do? and i want to look better for the summer!
    please help!

• agentsully May 16, 2009 at 5:35 pm #

@help seeker – simply put:
      1. Believe you can. (Because you can!)
      2. Make an exercise plan and healthy eating plan you can stick to. (See my healthy eating article)
      3. Be in it for the long haul. Put one foot in front of the other each day.
      4. Love yourself today. Enjoy yourself today. Focus on what you have, not what you don’t have. Always dress in clothes that flatter you no matter where you are in your progress so that you will feel good about yourself.

5. Smile and find joy everyday!

Life is more than a flat tummy. Work on it, yes. But enjoy the journey. Be happy today.

85. How to Get Six Pack Fast April 15, 2009 at 11:54 am #

My fellow on Facebook shared this link with me and I’m not dissapointed that I came to your blog.

86. Fertility and Pregnancy April 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm #

Almost every woman will gain weight during their pregnancy and most of them are anxious to drop the pregnancy pounds and get back to their pre-baby bodies, after giving birth. don’t be worry it’s naturally to gain weight during their pregnancy.

87. David May 4, 2009 at 7:35 pm #

Thank you for that info. I became vegetarian and put on loads of weight just in my tummy while the rest of my body is completely thin! I looked like a strawberry! I went for a cholesterol check during routine check and I couldn’t believe it when I heard that me! vegetarian had a result of 5.4!! Vegetarian and 28! I couldn’t believe it!

I have been swimming every day for the past 6 months, at first my body was so unused to this exercise that I got very sick with a flu. When that passed I went back to swimming and I lost loads of weight and started to build up.

Now I am in the gym as well and I hope it will work.

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to be just unlucky with your genetics and never be able to loose it?

2) Is bloating ever mistaken for fat? I am worried that I might be allergic to some food or something because if I eat bread or anything with wheat I bloat up like a football! Now really I am not being funny but it is like my tummy is 10 times the size!!! It is awful.

3) I know I said two questions but this one really came to mind, I am so determined to get rid of this awful fat that I am going to the gym for an hour and the pool for an hour (Im a good swimmer), is this too much do you think? If I give it a break for about 3 days and then go I can do WAYYYY more but then I feel guilty for not going those three days and I get cravings for the gym!!

Thanks :)
    David

• agentsully May 16, 2009 at 2:42 pm #

@David – if you were eating lots of dairy as a vegetarian that could cause some weight gain. You might want to find ways to reduce or eliminate dairy in your diet and you’ll probably see the pounds fall off. To answer your questions:
      1. Everyone has a unique weight that is healthy for them. For some this is larger than others. I would say focus on your body fat percentage and how you feel health wise. You can always improve your body at least a little bit (if it is needed) with persistence and effort.
      2. Yes, bloating can look like fat! If there are foods that make you bloat, try to avoid them such as wheat gluten. There are so many great alternatives. Learn new ways of cooking and eating and that does NOT mean giving up taste! :) Here’s a book on gluten free eating: Gluten-Free Cooking For Dummies. Personally I have to stay away from dairy for this reason, which is no problem at all!
      3. Regarding exercise, I would say do whatever routine that is sustainable for you. You might want to alternate and do 1 hour gym one day and then swimming the next. But if your current program works for you then keep it up!

Good luck!

88. Elawwelen May 5, 2009 at 6:19 pm #

There is no possible way to lose belly flab. Once it’s there, it’s always there unless you have surgery. I’m tired of these ridiculous lies getting people’s hopes up. Diet and exercise never proved to lose belly flab. Losing weight? sure. Gaining muscle? sure. Losing flab? Impossible. It’s a part of you.

• agentsully May 16, 2009 at 2:31 pm #

@Elawwelen – fat cells can shrink and eventually fat cells do die although at a much slower rate than other cells. It’s not impossible. Plus what do we have to lose?

If we try, we will become healthier at the very least, feeling good. At the best we will also become more trim. We can’t lose by trying. And you can always improve your situation. Slow and steady wins the race.

Should a flat stomach be our goal afterall? Maybe not. A bit of fat is healthy. (Women min 10%/ max 30%) (men min 2%/ max 25%)

I know that it is difficult in the western culture with the ideal being a flat stomach. I say work on your health and also your confidence at the same time. Dress nicely, carry yourself with good posture, and be happy with yourself. Practice that as much as your stomach exercises and you will improve the quality of your life right away!

89. True Protein Coupon May 12, 2009 at 10:30 pm #

Buddying up never really worked for me, we’d end up cheating on our diets together. I was watching Dr. Phil the other day and he mentioned that one should be around those who are “like-minded”. However, I think that is the problem for alot of us dieters, we are around family and friends who helped get us overweight to begin with. Its a double-edged sword many times they are there to support us, but they won’t help us with accountability as much as we’d like.

I’d like to add a tip, not really for actual fatloss, but to stay committed.

Its a good idea to take a starting picture spread of yourself so that you have a visual of the start of your weightloss program. Every Month take another set of pictures so that you can see the progress over time. This way you can both make adjustments to your program if you have plateaued, but also so that you can look back to the beginning, see the progress you’ve made, and use it as a motivational tool.

• agentsully May 15, 2009 at 11:22 am #

@TrueProtein – cool idea! And yeah, stay around people who are motivated and disciplined, not the ones who will say “oh, don’t worry about it, one time (overeating, skipping exercise) is not going to kill ya.” Good luck!

90. healthnut83 May 14, 2009 at 9:38 am #

Have you watch this video? It’s an instructional work out video where dance and martial arts are combined. Watch and learn easy to perform lower body exercises by watching this video.

91. David May 16, 2009 at 6:32 pm #

@AgentSully

Thanks for the tips!! I have great news! Since I wrote I have lost half of it again!! So I can say Elawwelen you can really loose it!!

I really like the idea of taking photos day in day out to see the difference – thanks for that idea True Protein Coupon! I will do that. I noticed pics of me from last year are totally different to this year so pics are a good idea!

I’ll let ye know how I get on!

• agentsully May 16, 2009 at 8:21 pm #

@David – that’s awesome! Thank you so much for reporting your success!!

If you’re not too shy you should add the photo log to your website, which I’m excited to check out! Nice piano playing!

92. yomi May 24, 2009 at 5:29 pm #

Nice stuff and ihave also learnt something i could add to my approach keeping the belly fat permanetly off.just put up this squidoo lens about my own knowledge in getting a firm belly;you may check it out at

93. Mike. May 25, 2009 at 2:36 am #

Have to say a few words,i am 52 and been overweight nearly all my life well since early teens.Recently lost 3 stone because my daughter is getting married later this year,probably needed the poke with a sharp stick.Anyway i also have loose skin around my stomach area but let me tell you i still feel and look 100% better than i was.So to all you people out there who think they haven’t got a good enough reason JUST DO IT FOR YOURSELVES,if i can do it so can you.GO FOR IT !

• agentsully June 6, 2009 at 11:47 am #

@Mike – thanks for that Awesome testimonial about how it is possible! Good for you! Keep up the great work!

94. Kalebarkab June 9, 2009 at 4:13 pm #

I want to find good pop music. Help me please.

95. Angela June 17, 2009 at 11:14 am #

I have never been overweight, rather , underweight. But I have always had belly fat? I feel as if I will never loose it no matter what I do… I spend at least 4 days a week in the gym, treadmill, weights and body balance i.e. pilates type exercise classes, and I eat healthy, small portion meals and, yes, the belly fat remains… I am cursed with it so if anyone has a real solution, that doesn’t cost me money then I would like to know what it is..

• agentsully July 8, 2009 at 3:03 pm #

@Angela – a couple things come to mind.

(small reminder in case this applies to you: everyone has some fat under their skin that is healthy. Sometimes it is “heavier” in our minds than on our bodies.)

But assuming that the fat is larger than on the rest of your body, then my suggestion is to do two things:

Diet: get rid of “bad” fats from your diet – animal fats (from meat & dairy) and trans fats (any product that lists “hydrogenated” in the ingredients list). Good fats are fine in reasonable amounts : olive oil, flaxseed oil, canola oil.
      Lower your calorie intake by 100-200 calories a day.

Exercise: Do aerobic exercise 30-45 minutes per day 5-6 days per week. Do weight bearing exercise 2-3 days per week. (Check out my book, The Secrets of a Healthy Life, for more info.)

Aerobic will burn calories and reduce your fat stores. (as long as you’re not eating more calories than your body burns…see above references for calculating your daily calories)

Weight training will build overall and area-specific muscle tone, reducing the look of flabbiness that happens when natural fat levels don’t have enough muscle. Also building muscle will raise your metabolism and help you burn more calories all day long, including when you are at rest.

Take the long term approach. Seek to lose this fat and tighten your muscles over say a 1 to 2 year period. Be consistent and disciplined and you will have success!!!

96. Ryan June 24, 2009 at 5:23 pm #

Great article a lot of good information.

97. James23 June 26, 2009 at 5:03 pm #

How do u get six pack abs without weight lifting or without taking pills?

• agentsully July 8, 2009 at 2:07 pm #

@James23 – if that is your goal, you can do it. The formula is simple. Lots of stomach and full body exercises. You’ll need to do aerobic exercise too in order to reduce fat if needed. And many different kinds of stomach exercises, from crunches to pilates type exercises to dead weight squats to push ups. And then throw in some strenuous dancing too!

Put in the work and you will see the results.
      Make a plan to ensure success.
      Then execute the plan.
      Get a goal buddy if you have difficulty sticking to the plan.

You can do it!

98. jewelry July 4, 2009 at 4:38 am #

nothing is impossible
    let’s do it!

99. jenny July 6, 2009 at 12:22 pm #

Thank you so much for your article, it really help me. Sometimes when i lose hope in losing weight i read something to keep me going. this helped me. I use ab rocekt everyday twice/day and i walk 30 mins 4 days a week and i eat healthy food. My belly is still fat. I gained weight due to high stress and family issues. Now im trying to lose weight, sometimes its frustrating because i want insult results its not possilble. I can see the changes in my body but its very slow. I guess i have to be patient. i was 90 pounds last year so far i lost 9 pounds. I was 132 pounds in march 2009 now iam 124 pounds(july 2009) my aim is to shed at least 15 pounds more.

• agentsully July 8, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

@Jenny – good luck with your goals. You must be on the small side. 90 pounds sounds very low. Wishing you health and happiness.

100. How to reduce tummy fat July 8, 2009 at 12:26 am #

I have tried a lot of things to lose my belly fat and judging from my experience this stuff really works

101. Cutey July 11, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

There are many more tips

1) Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated
    2) Dont have starchy carbs for dinner
    3) Try having lemon warm water first thing in the morning to alkalise your body

and plenty more which even I cant remember haha :-) all the best guys !

• agentsully July 21, 2009 at 9:43 pm #

@Cutey – those sound good! Thanks for sharing!

102. car dvd July 31, 2009 at 9:54 am #

103. David O'Reilly August 7, 2009 at 9:43 am #

@ Angela @

I really agree with the advice to loose weight over a long period of time – just doing it fast wont work. So do your best to stick with your diet and gym and in time it will go.

So far it has taken me 9 months and that is from heavy swimming and running, but it is happening. I know if I did weights it would be faster but I like my CV work as weights just hurt! hehe but trust me it is working.

My family seem to have your curse – none of us would ever put a pound on our hips or the rest of our bodies – just the belly area. So imagine a strawberry cartoon with little tiny feet and legs – that is our curse hehe so the only way to get over this is to accept that your genetics are this way and so you need to look after yourself more than others.

Also AVOID DRINKING ALC!!! drink seems to pound it on for us!! I don’t drink so I am lucky but other family members do and you can see it! If you do drink then go for spirits with diet drinks, vodka like is 60 cals per glass and with diet coke that is zero extra, so something to consider. Or else do what I do – give it up!! I can tell you that you are a lot more attractive with a great body than a six pack or beer !

:) Hope my experience will help you or somebody!
    Dave

104. The Ab Man September 2, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Great article. You have some really good ideas here. Pretty much anyone can get a flat, attractive belly if they are just willing to do what it takes. If anyone is looking for a great program to help you do just that, check out The Truth About Abs. I highly recommend it.

• agentsully September 30, 2009 at 7:40 pm #

@Ab Man – Wow! Very complete program. I’m going to add it to my recommendations list.

105. Joe October 6, 2009 at 1:44 pm #

I am thin everywhere except for a huge belly!..My belly history is kind of funny i was too skinny till about 14 (people virtually used to force me to eat )Then i started putting on weight a lot of weight but only in my belly area . I lost all of it when i was 19 i was back to my skinnyself…I am 27 now and have a big belly and its time to get rid of it .Its gonna be a lot of work though.I weigh about 216lbs now(Now the same people who forced me to eat ask me to eat less :) )

1)Walk and Run .I can really walk at will i have been walking for like 8 Miles a day in about 120minutes ..I have been doing it for a week despite everyone advising me against it becuase it could hurt my back in the long run! .Except a little bit of stiffess in my body i dont really feel any pain..Run i really havent tried since i got this fat but i could easily do about 3miles nonstop.

2)Diet- Now this is something i have never tried in my entire life :) fat or not fat ..I am an Indian so it means i eat lot of rice lot of very spicy and oily meat(Curry as we call it :) ) .I dont drink very often but when i do i almost do a full bottle of Bacardi with coke , I also smoke a lot almost 15 cigs a day… I have worked in almost 15 countries now that hasnt helped too much because in some countries they havent heard the word “Vegeterian”If you are wondering which country most Arab countries are like that :)

Any advises on the right way to go to loose my belly would be appreciated ..Wish you all good luck with your 6packs :)
    Cheers
    Joe

• agentsully October 11, 2009 at 7:55 pm #

@Joe – my advice would be
      1)to keep up the walk/running. Just do an amount that is safe for your heart. If you’re unsure, check with your doctor.
      2) start building some muscle a few days a week with resistance training such as weight training. Fat Burning Furnace is a program I have used that has an excellent program for doing this. I highly recommend it.
      3)Cut out liquid calories like Coke and alcohol.
      4)Eat a lot of nutrient rich foods like veggies, fruit, beans. Fill in with whole grains too. And last, if at all, would be organic lean meat or fish. (FYI -meats are not necessary)
      5) Reduce or eliminate high sugar, high (animal and trans-)fat foods, and other foods with lots of chemicals.

Over time, you WILL lose your belly if you do these steps
      Bonus advice: Quit smoking so you can enjoy your life and your reduced belly!!! Check back soon. I will have an article on how to do this very soon!

106. slimming body wraps October 26, 2009 at 1:00 pm #

What a great article, I particularly like that you included meditation and yoga. Those are two of my favorite ways to relax after a hard day.

You could also include using a stomach focused slimming body wrap as well, some people achieve excellent results using them.

107. flat-stomach November 4, 2009 at 5:11 pm #

My girlfriend could do with reading this thanks esp the stress lol

108. Amanda November 16, 2009 at 7:38 pm #

Hi, just found this site and found it very encouraging. I am looking to loose 20 pounds in the next month for a photo shoot and just started back on my exercise and healthy eating routine. I started my own internet business a couple of years ago and in the last year and a bit spent thousands of hours behind my computer ending up eating anything that was quick, easy and a sugar rush, because of this 25 extra pounds crept up around my midsection and thighs especially. At 42 it’s harder to loose then before but I was always had high energized days of physical exercise from gardening, house work, three kids and waitress in busy restaurants so keeping myself slimmed down wasn’t as much of an effort. I miss my toned body, even if I don’t get down to as slim as I was. Question if you can answer it. As I work out with 30 minutes of cardio then 30 minutes of alternating days of free weights and yoga, will I really notice a change in my weight on my scale since I’m also building muscle and muscle weighs more then fat? Just wondering if I should be a scale watcher and be discouraged if I don’t notice the number dropping on the scale but feel slimmer, lighter and more toned. Thanks for any help you may have .. Let’s Get Fit!!

• agentsully December 8, 2009 at 12:09 pm #

@Amanda – to answer your question, try to stay away from the scale for the first few week to a month, because, yes, muscle does weigh more so although you’ll be getting slimmer and more toned, your weigh might not change much as you transition some of your fat over to muscle.

Also, don’t forget to watch caloric intake. It must net out to a deficit of calories in order to lose weight. You can exercise a lot and still gain weight if you are not eating right. Don’t starve yourself, but cut back a bit and over time you will lose the weight!!

Good luck!! Please check back with us and let us know your progress!!

109. Stephanie Rose November 29, 2009 at 11:51 pm #

What a thorough article! I completely agree with the idea of using a personal trainer to lose weight in a healthy way. It’s not a luxury so much as an investment in your long-term health. Personal trainers will hold you accountable, and create personalized, targeted training sessions for you. Losing fat should really be a whole-body, lifelong experience.

Thanks again for the great article!

110. Joe December 8, 2009 at 12:49 pm #

@agentsully
    Its been almost 2months since i first logged in and its time for a progress report i lost about 8kgs in two months ..I do feel very thin except fr the belly its still very much there doesnt even look like im gonna get rid of it anytime soon ..but im happy its been a good two months my energy level has really gone up .I really cut down on my smoking from about 30 cigs a day to 4 cigs a day and ive been completely nonalcoholic for these 2months but that will change soon with christmas coming up change in work location ..My workout really consists of treadmill these days i jog in an average speed of 6miles for an hour evry day..Plus some crunches stuff like tht..I really havent got into weights yet.I am working out without an instructor so im just being cautious .so thanks fr all ur help it seems to be working out for me..The next time i will write here i will be in Astana ,Kazhakhstan its a place which is the very definition of the word “cold” it gets to about -45 degree Celsius :) ….I dont know how the hell im gonna workout there but im sure there will be a way ..so Cheers thanks again .. have a nice X’mas

• agentsully December 15, 2009 at 9:06 pm #

@Joe – Good for you! Keep at it. Something I’ve noticed, that I should probably add to the article is that cutting out or cutting down sugar really helps a lot. Excess sugar is converted to belly fat very fast and whenever I keep my sugar intake low, I notice it right away in the belly. Good luck in Kazakhstan. You’ll probably want to work out indoors or maybe take up chopping wood. :-)

111. Amanda Walton December 9, 2009 at 9:32 am #

@agentsully — Thank you for your response. I took your advice and have stayed away from the scale. In the last month I significantly changed my eating habits and read and record all my caloric and fat intake but because I have chosen healthy food and eat small meals and snacks throughout the day I’ve noticed a significant difference. I’ve fit back into my old clothes still a tad bit snug but another little bit around the butt and thighs and they will fit perfect again. My body has toned quite a bit again using free weights, elastics and yoga mainly plus doing a lot of dancing since it’s more enjoyable then just the trainer equipment. I haven’t been back on the scale but can see the results in the mirror and lost the love handle bulge with only a tiny bit left to go. My abs need a little more toning but my obliques and hips are toning nicely. I’ve been drinking alot of water and white tea with only one or two cups of coffee a day where I was drinking coffee and pop a lot through the day. It’s been a challenge not to reach for the sweets but replacing my cravings with raisins and fruit have certainly helped. I also eat the all fibre cereal instead of other ones I’d eat. It’s a little bland but putting fresh fruit in to sweeten it up in lue of sugar makes it a great filling breakfast. Great site with great information and inspiration to keep up healthy weight and eating habits.

• agentsully December 10, 2009 at 10:24 pm #

@Amanda – good for you! Thanks for checking back in! What you describe is easy to put on paper but not easy to follow through on everyday. Good for you! I’m sure you will inspire a lot of people! Keep it up!

112. David December 11, 2009 at 10:29 am #

Hi all

I commented here about a year ago when I was at my wits end with Belly fat! so I thought I would give you an update on how I’ve been getting on!

I have lost LOADS! I feel GREAT and I am full of energy! But let me tell you – swimming doesn’t really work as I thought it would. It helped a wee bit but nothing major. So for most of the last year I have been swimming everyday like crazy trying to loose the flab!

Well I REALLY started to loose it doing weights! This is the secret! no books – no programmes – no shakes – no products! Just weight training is indeed the cure!

I had to move to Amsterdam after I finished college and I managed to find a small gym nearby work. They do personal training and WOW have I learned loads! Forget trying to do it yourself – it is like trying to learn Java Programming without a Computer Science degree! you might be able to get your programming running but your code will be crap and will not stand up to real world use! (yes Im a computer geek!)

Ok anyway, so I’ve been doing LOADS of special training, all weights and a small bit of cardio – of which I can do myself. I go twice a week for training and I run the extra day when I can to try and make it 3 times a week. I eat 6 times a day and it is fantastic! I am also vegetarian so I had to get help with that and now it’s fab!

So guys don’t loose hope! I’m proof it works!
    David

• agentsully December 14, 2009 at 4:00 pm #

@David – That is Awesome! Thanks for checking back and sharing your amazing success and learnings!!!

113. David December 16, 2009 at 5:32 am #

Wow enjoy Kazakhstan – what I can say however is that the belly is the hardest to go – but it goes!! My trainer told me to expect 6 months with no or little results – and then after 6 months effects will start to happen. He joked saying that people go to Personal Training in January to be fit for the beach in June – however that is actually not possible! It takes between 1 and 2 years to be flat packed – but you know – it all starts with today! And it’s an investment in health – and looks! So it’s worth it!!

I give myself treats for it all – like I went to Budapest last weekend just to relax and chill in the natural outdoor thermal baths – last year I did that and I felt fat! now I felt great!!! and I know each time I visit those baths I will look flatter each time :D

• agentsully December 31, 2009 at 6:11 pm #

@David – I never heard this before! This should be very helpful for those people either just starting out or at the 5 month mark who are feeling frustrated! Thanks for sharing once again!

114. Green Mountain K Cups December 22, 2009 at 6:02 pm #

I searched everywhere for a low-glycemic fruits and vegetables online table. Thank you! Pilates video is a favorite of the page that you mentioned? A list of 10 of them.

115. Oxygen Concentrator March 19, 2010 at 10:23 pm #

Its pretty much common sense. No matter how hard I try though, I don’t think I will ever look like that person in the picture. LOL.

116. loose belly fat March 21, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

Most of people dreaming to lose fat in short time. It takes a long time to gain much fat and so it cannot be lose in a healthy way in a few days.

117. BodyBuildInner March 29, 2010 at 10:05 pm #

It takes effort and time to have such body. Nowadays, there are lots of medicines available on the market but nothing can’t beat exercises routines.

118. James Tretinoin Dalton June 3, 2010 at 12:10 pm #

Great information, but you forgot to talk about water. Drinking water is so necessary. It not only cleanses the system, but also helps to speed up certain processes. Great information by the way.

• AgentSully August 22, 2010 at 8:19 pm #

@James – YES! Water, of course! So so important. Thanks for bringing that up!

119. nina June 10, 2010 at 1:45 pm #

This is a great article with a very thorough analysis and information. I love the fact that things like meditation are included – sometimes if we get the insides right it can help to improve exercise efficiency

120. cygnusk June 11, 2010 at 4:12 am #

Wow there are so many methods to lose belly fat. Some I even don’t know of before! Many thanks for this awesome article. I’ve included this article as a link to my web page of course with your permission. Really looking forward for your next articles! =D

121. Valentine Fahrendorff June 22, 2010 at 5:44 am #

Hi, I enjoyed reading your blog, thanks for posting.

122. lose fat weight loss September 10, 2010 at 11:46 am #

Good information, thanks for posting that. I have bookmarked your site and will come back to see what else you have to say. Losing weight is so challenging for me that the more information I have the better: there are so many ideas and people to learn from. Looking forward to coming back and learning some more to help make a difference to my body weight. David

123. Eric de Jesus September 21, 2010 at 12:42 am #

You can also further lose that belly fat if you have regular intake of food which have vitamins B5, B6 and Vitamin C.
    Those aid in the thyroid hormone production, fat burning and metabolism of your body.

You can also do various types of sit ups continuously to build that muscle fiber in the tummy area. First do three types, if you think you can do four, then add a variation and so on.

124. gerry September 29, 2010 at 10:50 am #

Get Enough Sleep. yea this kinda difficult to me. but thanks for the article. its nice tutorial

125. Property Finders October 13, 2010 at 2:18 am #

• AgentSully October 24, 2010 at 8:35 pm #

Fat cells do die – apoptosis being the process of cell death – it’s just that they have a much longer life than other cells in our body. They don’t live forever like brain cells.

126. Eric de Jesus October 14, 2010 at 12:37 am #

This is a very informative site! Water is the most important part of our diet because it’s very safe for our system. Plus, it makes up 70% of our body. It never crossed my mind that meditation can help us out in getting that fat off of us.
    No stress is synonymous to a balanced life. A balanced life is synonymous to a healthy body. Great article

If you want to lose that fat, don’t lose hope. Just set your mind that I want to do this, and go on a diet.

P.S. DON’T DO CRASH DIET PLEASE!

127. how2exercise October 20, 2010 at 8:29 am #

yeah.. its possible with hard work
    nice post..keep goin on

128. Quick Six Pack January 1, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

I’ve only heard consistently good reviews about fat burning furnace. Plenty of H2O and a balanced diet with some full body, multi-jointed workouts and your losing weight in no time.

129. maryam January 6, 2011 at 11:01 am #

hello
    how are you?I am 37 years old and I have 1 child.My tall is 1.70 and my weight is 61 but my stomach is fat.of course I eat a little food every day.I want to lose my stomach fat but I don,t know how?which exercise is good for losing stomach fat?please write to me with many photos.

thanks alot
    maryam

130. Reduce Tummy Fat January 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

@Property Finders – Yes fat cells die off just like any other cell through the normal cell cycle. However, excess eating causes them to increase in size and not in the amount of cells. Proper diet and exercise does not cause them to die but rather to decrease in size. Once you gain the initial weight it becomes much easier to gain it back. This is because the cells are already primed to increase in size and store additional fat.

131. MEL January 23, 2011 at 2:32 am #

SPECIFIC HELP for a 75 year old man – low cholesterol, normal blood pressure, slim everywhere EXCEPT for HUGE TUMMY. Unable to walk so the pounds are piling on … HELP!!!

• AgentSully September 26, 2011 at 10:35 am #

@Mel – first check with your doctor to make sure you’re in good health for exercise. Then consistently get 20-30 minutes of exercise (ok’d by your doctor) and try to eat whole foods as opposed to processed foods. Processed foods are metabolized differently than whole foods. Eat less calories than your body uses each day. (check with your doctor for what a good number is for you) Be patient, stick with this and you will begin to see some progress. You can do it!

132. nazia azhar February 19, 2011 at 8:44 am #

i want to lose my bally weight how can it will be lose

133. cocowomen March 2, 2011 at 1:25 am #

Yoga is a good idea for few times a week.

134. Marcia March 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm #

Great advice, for a long time I was living in denial of the “calorie solution” thinking that so long as my diet was healthy and I did plenty of exercise the weight would fall off. But in time I learned that you can eat too much healthy food too!

135. Dave March 30, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

Most of people never think about how long it took them to pack on all that extra weight. The reality is it’s going to take them a while to unpack it too. Real nice site. Keep it up.

• AgentSully August 14, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

@Dave – you are so right. Patience and taking the long view approach is the best way!

136. Gwendolyn Turner April 2, 2011 at 7:58 pm #

Why,in commericals they never target ordinary older people. I am 63, female and have a belly I can’t get rid of and it is ugly. I don’t have money for surgery. What can we older people do ?

• AgentSully August 14, 2011 at 7:57 pm #

Gwendolyn – in the simplest terms, count your calories religiously and make sure that you have a deficit of calories each day. (burn more than you consume). If you exercise daily you can eat more calories, but you really need to track your calories carefully. A 30 minute jog will burn about 300 calories. That doesn’t give you much extra food that you can eat- only about 1/2 a muffin. Choose your foods wisely. Stick to fruit instead of other desserts. Reduce or eliminate sugar and processed food. Wishing you much success!

137. Body Wrap April 9, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

I especially like the inclusion of the anti-stress strategies that work for people like me.

138. MaxBurn August 15, 2011 at 4:08 am #

I read through all of that, thanks for the information. It was well written too, I learn a lot on the dying fat cells.

139. Amy August 23, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

Great amount of info and tips.

140. heritage hotel in jodhpur September 1, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

Thanks a ton for your energy to have put these things together on this website. John and i also very much loved your knowledge through the articles in certain things. I understand that you have several demands with your program so the fact that you actually took as much time like you did to guide people really like us via this article is also highly liked.

141. stress relief techniques November 7, 2011 at 11:22 pm #

Hi there, I found your website by the use of Google while searching for a similar subject, your website came up, it seems good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

142. tummy fat removal fast November 11, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

I do not even know the way I stopped up right here, but I believed this submit was once great. I don’t recognise who you might be but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger should you aren’t already. Cheers!

143. tree removal cost January 16, 2012 at 10:57 am #

I must say you have very well put up the article
    Thank you for sharing such valuable information
    Gr8 Work
    Keep it up

144. farah March 21, 2012 at 7:35 am #

Hi,
    i want to lose only my belly fat pls help, pls tell me about diet & exe i can do every thing for it.

• AgentSully March 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

@Farah – to lose any fat, you must have a deficit of calories each day: burn more than you take in. Do this every day consistently and you will lose fat. Exercise helps make this easier to achieve by giving you more calories you can eat and also, if you are gaining muscle, you will increase your metabolism that will also allow you to eat more.

But the main key is you must count your calories in very diligently and do it each day. See my other post on this:
      How to Lose Weight.

145. How To Reduce Tummy Fat May 10, 2012 at 10:30 pm #

Meditation is key to a fully balanced weight loss program, helps with the mental aspect which is what keeps one on track! Thx for the informative post.

146. Duncan Abel August 17, 2012 at 9:56 am #

Hi, you’ve got a great article here on belly fat loss.
    But its a matter of mindset and determination to actually take steps to loose belly fat.

• AgentSully August 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm #

@Duncan – so true! Mindset is critical!!

147. Kostenlose Partnerbörse September 1, 2012 at 6:18 am #

I am sure this post has helped me similar post just to find what i was looking for. I just want to say thank you.

148. Lenny October 11, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

I’ll second what’s already been said, very well written article. It covers most of the main factors to do with belly fat loss.

I don’t know if I’d agree with your percentages on the macro nutrients though. I’d base the protein intake on your bodyweight and split the remainder equally between fats and carbs.

• AgentSully May 17, 2014 at 8:38 am #

Thanks Lenny. What macro percentages would you recommend and why? Thanks!

149. Jacquie December 22, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Does any of the skin shrink back as fat diminishes? Or am I going to be left with a bulging bag of an apron? I need to lose about 3 stone.

150. Jacquie December 22, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

Does any of the skin shrink back into place or am I going to be left with a bulging bag of an apron?

Some ppl say you can’t lose belly fat? Why?
    Thanks

• AgentSully January 14, 2013 at 10:44 am #

@Jacquie – as I understand it, it really depends on a lot of factors: your age, how much weight you are losing, how long you were at your heavy weight, and how fast you lose the weight. I believe the slower you lose the weight the more likely your skin is to shrink back.
      You can always loose weight, fat, and belly fat. The key is net calories. Excericse helps keep your daily net calories in below your metabolic rate. Keep it simple, keep it unemotional.
      Just do it, step by step, little by little and you will get there.
      Don’t worry about the skin until after you’re finished. Don’t let that stop you from trying.
      Wishing you all the best!

151. nathanielbrody January 31, 2013 at 12:41 am #

This is caused by regular physical activity when the body tries to accumulate more carbohydrate sources for future needs exertion.

1. www.learnhypnosiseasily.info » Lose Belly Fat - Is It Really Possible? - November 10, 2007

[…] agentsully added an interesting post on Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible?.Here’s a small excerpt:The website is one of those salesy sites, but never fear, this is probably the best self-help product I ever bought. I listen to it often and always refer my friends to his books and audio programs. … […]

2. www.bodybuildingandexercises.info » Lose Belly Fat - Is It Really Possible? - November 10, 2007

[…] agentsully put an intriguing blog post on Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible?.Here’s a quick excerpt:When trying to lose belly fat the important thing to remember is to include whole body exercises and to rotate your workouts in order to continually provide a challenge for your body. Otherwise your body becomes acclimated and does not … […]

3. www.topweightlosssecrets.info » Lose Belly Fat - Is It Really Possible? - November 10, 2007

[…] agentsully added an interesting post today on Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible?.Here’s a small reading:The 3-Day Solution Plan: Jump-start Lasting Weight Loss by Turning Off the Drive to Overeat [BURST:] Lose up to 6 pounds in 3 days! this is a great book that gets to the root of how we relate to food and by understanding that you can … […]

4. www.topbloodpressureadvice.info » Lose Belly Fat - Is It Really Possible? - November 10, 2007

[…] agentsully put an intriguing blog post on Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible?.Here’s a quick excerpt:Cortisol is a hormone that regulates carbohydrate metabolism and blood pressure. When you encounter stress, including lack of sleep, cortisol boosts your energy level by producing glucose. If you have chronically high stress levels then … […]

5. » Lose Belly Fat - Is It Really Possible? - November 10, 2007

[…] You can read the rest of this blog post by going to the original source, here […]

6. Losing belly fat « I love oreo! - November 13, 2007

[…] at 2:01 am · Filed under Oreo Bits I came across this while reading feeds in google reader: Losing belly fat. I hope it […]

7. End of the Week Theme #2: Gratitude - November 16, 2007

[…] it.  I do!  Thanks to Jay White at Dumb Little Man-Tips For Life, I was led to K. Stone’s article that does a great job on how to lose just a little bit fat, one step at a time.  It was because […]

8. sk-rt.com - November 20, 2007

Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible?…

The key is to understand how your body works and to have a comprehensive plan that you will execute over a reasonable period of time. Translation: this is not a quick fix. But, remember, it is doable! Take the turtle approach, slow and steady, and you…

9. links for 2007-12-14 | Dewang Mistry’s Blog - December 13, 2007

[…] Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible? (tags: health fitness exercise diet fat 6pack) […]

10. Car Donation » Blog Archive » Lose Belly Fat - Is It Really Possible? - January 4, 2008

[…] Read the rest of this great post here […]

11. Body Sculpting For Men » Burn Fat - Lose Belly Fat - Is It Really Possible? - January 10, 2008

[…] Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible?Yes! Of course it is! Don’t give up! There is hope. The key is to understand how your body works and to have a comprehensive plan that you will execute over a reasonable period […]

12. Abdominal Exercise Machines Can Work For You Too | 3BlogMonty.com - January 20, 2008

[…] or not you are willing to make a life change. Losing weight isn’t about doing an occasional abdominal exercise on an abdominal machine. It’s about changing your diet, your physical activity level on a regular basis and making […]

13. Lose Belly Fat - Is It Really Possible? | Diet Tips Lose Weight Diets and Healthy Recipes - January 21, 2008

[…] Sean Cavanaugh wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptThe tips below work best when combined as an overall program. The three areas we’ll cover are diet, exercise, and anti-stress strategies. Get committed, create your personal plan, and you will lose your belly fat! … Read the rest of this great post here Author: admin Time: Friday, November 9th, 2007 at 12:47 pm Category: Uncategorized Comments: You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. RSS: You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Navigation: « Fast Weight Loss through Exercise How Much Weight Loss is Healthy? By Charles Carter » […]

14. A Few Losing Belly Fat Tips at Lose Your Belly Fat - March 9, 2008

[…] out this nice blog post with some tips on losing belly […]

15. Get Slim The Healthy Way By Going Vegetarian | Timeless Beauty - September 19, 2008

[…] I was searching for information on the best fat burners, I came across a blog post that proposes a healthy way of slimming down. It doesn’t support hunger diets but instead eating and living a healthy lifestyle. This […]

16. will i always be fat « How To Lose Weight Quickly - April 26, 2009

[…] Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible? – Lose Belly Fat. Yes! Of course it is! Don’t give up! There is hope. The key is to understand how your body works and to have a comprehensive plan that you will execute over a reasonable period of time. Translation: this is not a quick … […]

17. Will I Always Be Fat | How Can I Lose Weight Quickly - August 9, 2009

[…] Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible? | Life Learning Today – Diet Tips Lose Weight Diets and Healthy Recipes · A Few Losing Belly Fat Tips at Lose Your Belly Fat · Get Slim The Healthy Way By Going Vegetarian | Timeless Beauty · will i always be fat « How To Lose Weight Quickly … […]

18. So You Wanna Be A MILF Workout! | Stay Home. Work Out. Look Great. - August 28, 2009

[…] Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible? | Life Learning Today – Yes! Of course it is! Don’t give up! There is hope. The key is to understand how your body works and to have a comprehensive plan that you will execute over. addthis_url = ‘http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stayhomeworkout.com%2Fhome-workout-programs%2Fso-you-wanna-be-a-milf-workout'; addthis_title = ‘So+You+Wanna+Be+A+MILF+Workout%21′; addthis_pub = ”; […]

19. Best Posts of losing the belly fat | Losing Belly - May 21, 2010

[…] The Truth About Six Pack Abs – a total fitness and nutrition program targeted at losing belly fat. … I know I found out a couple of new things about losing tummy fat. … […] […]

20. Weight Training Program Guide for Beginners - July 22, 2010

[…] lose belly fat – is it really possible? […]

21. Gladiator Six Pack » Top 4 Exercises For A Killer Six Pack - September 16, 2010

[…] Lose Belly Fat – Is It Really Possible? | Life Learning Today – Yes! Of course it is! Don’t give up! There is hope. The key is to understand how your body works and to have a comprehensive plan that you will execute over. […]

22. Important Fat Loss Tips | Ripped Bodybuilding - October 20, 2010

23. Resistance Training - October 31, 2010

24. Sweet Grilled Winter Chicken | Life Learning Today - November 22, 2011

[…] You can also freeze some of this chicken in single serving sizes. You’ll have a healthy go-to food that you can heat up anytime. Having lean protein handy is very helpful for dieting and losing belly fat. […]

25. Lose Belly Fat Tip | Health Tips and Technics - tips for good health, Fitness &Yoga Techniques - December 28, 2012

[…] Traffic Rank for http://lifelearningtoday.com/2007/11/09/lose-belly-fat-is-it-really-possible/: […]