My son has a new favorite PBS show called “Super Why.” It’s a show that teaches letters and gets kids really excited about reading. He always wants me to watch it with him, and when I do I love the life lessons that they have at the end of each show. The other day the Super Story Answer was “Enjoy the Game.”
The reason I decided to write about this today is that this morning I found myself stressing over all the things I want to accomplish. Not only do I want to do it all, but I want to do it all well. That’s when I remembered the Super Story Answer, “Enjoy the Game.”
OK, so that’s the answer. But how should I do this? How do you slow down your competitive and ambitious desires? Hmmm. I’m thinking.
Here’s what I plan to do.
1. Prioritize. What are the tasks that are most important to me?
2. Remove Distractions. The tasks I need to do will all be written down so I won’t worry about all of them at once when I should be just focused on one at a time. I will close all websites that don’t relate to the task at hand.
3. Time Frames. I will assign time frames to each of my top priorities.
4. Work. I will work on my top priorities according to the planned time frames until my work time is up.
5. Acceptance. I will accept that I may only get 1 or 2 big things done in any given day. I might need to journal about this to help myself accept it. 🙂 I think I’ll also try letting it be vs. letting it go.
6. Play & Enjoy. I will stop work and move onto a leisure activity that I plan for ahead of time.
What are you working on? How do you juggle it all and still enjoy the game of life? All comments big and small are very welcomed!
If you found this post valuable, perhaps youâ€™ll be kind enough to vote for this with a Stumble or Delicious bookmark. Votes are always appreciated!
If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or make a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!