The Super Story Answer Is: Enjoy the Game

super-why.jpg

My son has a new favorite PBS show called “Super Why.” It’s a show that teaches letters and gets kids really excited about reading. He always wants me to watch it with him, and when I do I love the life lessons that they have at the end of each show. The other day the Super Story Answer was “Enjoy the Game.”

The reason I decided to write about this today is that this morning I found myself stressing over all the things I want to accomplish. Not only do I want to do it all, but I want to do it all well. That’s when I remembered the Super Story Answer, “Enjoy the Game.”

OK, so that’s the answer. But how should I do this? How do you slow down your competitive and ambitious desires? Hmmm. I’m thinking.

Here’s what I plan to do.

1. Prioritize. What are the tasks that are most important to me?

2. Remove Distractions. The tasks I need to do will all be written down so I won’t worry about all of them at once when I should be just focused on one at a time. I will close all websites that don’t relate to the task at hand.

3. Time Frames. I will assign time frames to each of my top priorities.

4. Work. I will work on my top priorities according to the planned time frames until my work time is up.

5. Acceptance. I will accept that I may only get 1 or 2 big things done in any given day. I might need to journal about this to help myself accept it. 🙂 I think I’ll also try letting it be vs. letting it go.

What are you working on? How do you juggle it all and still enjoy the game of life? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or make a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!

11 Responses to The Super Story Answer Is: Enjoy the Game

1. agentsully November 2, 2007 at 2:18 pm #

Music helps too!!

My son wanted to comment too:
    “I like it Mama!”

2. Arizona New Homes November 3, 2007 at 1:22 am #

Currently, (we’re and I am) working on creating two new websites and businesses, an e-book and trying to continue growing our current business…not to mention the many tasks a normal day of life presents you with. I mainly prioritize and JUST DO IT. I learn as I go and make sure I’m never promising something I won’t deliver. It is important to assign time frames and stick with them so you get things done. Good luck with everything.

3. Suzann November 3, 2007 at 6:53 am #

I think your title says it all: enjoy the game. Even daily repetitive chores can be enjoyed – when I do dishes, I work on gratitude lists in my mind, or listen to music. Anyway, love your blog. It’s very helpful and well-written.

4. Bill November 3, 2007 at 1:51 pm #

“Enjoy the game” is great advise, but a bit more is necessary than time-management tools. It’s an attitude really. You have to work at it. An attitude of play. An attitude of rising to the challenge, a confident attitude, sort of like “We’ll just see how I do this time.”

I’m retired, so I don’t have to face the “drudgery” of 8 hours work daily (it’s drudgery when you don’t enjoy the game), but I do paint landscapes a lot. I paint best when I treat it like play.

(Thanks for your efforts, by the way).

5. Don November 5, 2007 at 2:51 pm #

I like to break bigger tasks down into smaller parts. Get one thing done, then the next, etc… The feeling of accomplishments helps me get things done.

6. AOV Philippines Outsourcing Service November 7, 2007 at 10:44 am #

I work for now, but when I have enough money I know I could have the happiness I want in life.

7. cheating-spouse December 31, 2007 at 2:16 am #

This sort of thing is one of those easier said than done, however once in you’re in the groove of it, it does become easier. That is great that your son has a favorite show on reading as reading is very fundamental and important in life. Happy New Year!

8. Floyd Buenavente March 5, 2008 at 4:29 am #

It really surprises me how interesting educational shows are these days, sometimes I find myself thinking how lucky kids are in having well researched shows for their benefit.

9. Flashfanz August 9, 2008 at 2:00 am #

I like this game friend !!!

good article, thanks!

10. Nacho May 6, 2009 at 8:12 am #

“6. Play & Enjoy. I will stop work and move onto a leisure activity that I plan for ahead of time.”

I guess this is the best part of it. 😀

• agentsully May 16, 2009 at 2:23 pm #

@Nacho – thanks for the comment! I think I’ve been doing this more. I know I am because I’m getting somewhat less work done but my stress levels are way down!