Fluid Yoga, Fluid Power

Review: Shiva Rea Fluid Power: Vinyasa Flow Yoga

I was fortunate to try this new yoga DVD recently. I loved it so much, I want to share with you a review of this remarkable yoga DVD.

I’m a big fan of yoga beacuase of the total body and mind conditioning it gives you. And I’m a big fan of yogini Shiva Rea. Her yoga videos give you everything you could want:

• Inspired, organic, and unique yoga instruction.
  • Background music that fits well with each portion of the practice from invigorating to meditative.
  • Easy to use matrix that allows you to create your own custom practice.
  • Preset practices for when you don’t want to make choices.
  • Beautiful scenery and inspiring demonstration of the poses.
  • Many extras including interviews and education.

Shiva Rea Fluid Power – the DVD

Shiva Rea’s latest DVD, Fluid Power, creates a wonderful follow up to her other 2 sensational yoga DVD’s, Yoga Shakti and Yoga Trance Dance. Fluid Power is a creative yoga DVD that celebrates and honors the fluid wave motion of our bodies and of our world. Shiva presents her yoga practices in vinyasa form which is a series of yoga poses that flow together.

There are over 3 hours of yoga sequences to choose from when creating your custom practice or choosing from the 6 preset practices. The matrix system that allows you to do this on your DVD player is very easy to use. The DVD comes with a beautiful booklet that describes each sequence and guides you in how you might want to structure your practice. If you want super easy, just choose from one of the 6 preset practices that vary in both length and level of intensity, from purely meditative to advanced.

What I really like about this video is how it combines creativity of motion, meditative poses, and also challenging poses that leave you feeling not only stronger and more flexible, but also like you tapped into a whole new part of your being, getting in touch with your fluid self. I found that this was very relaxing even while gently challenging. It is truly unlike any other yoga video I’ve ever seen. I would say that it falls somewhere between Yoga Shakti, which is quite challenging and Yoga Trance Dance which is highly creative. Fluid Power combines the best essences of these two DVD’s giving you creative yoga that lets you explore, while at the same time providing structure that is comforting.

This video is for beginners with some experience all the way up to advanced yoga students. If you want a Shiva Rea yoga that has it all, this is the one to buy. I have all 3 of her top videos and since each one is unique, I can recommend owning all 3. Below is a list of some of her popular videos. Which is your favorite?

Other Shiva Rea Yoga DVD’s

Shiva Rea - Yoga ShaktiShiva Rea – Yoga Shakti

Shiva Rea - Fluid Power - Vinyasa Flow YogaShiva Rea – Fluid Power – Vinyasa Flow Yoga

Acacia - Yoga Trance Dance - Exercise And YogaAcacia – Yoga Trance Dance – Exercise And Yoga

Prenatal Yoga With Shiva ReaPrenatal Yoga With Shiva Rea

Sun Salutations with Shiva ReaSun Salutations with Shiva Rea

What are your favorite yoga videos? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or make a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!

15 Responses to Fluid Yoga, Fluid Power

1. sam September 12, 2007 at 1:49 pm #

I have found yoga to be a calming in my life. It quites my inner voice!

2. Meg September 12, 2007 at 1:56 pm #

My first experience with yoga ever was via Shiva Rea and her prenatal DVD over 4 years ago, and she still remains my favorite to this day. Of her other DVDs, I’ve only tried Yoga Shakti and Trance Dance, and I love both of them for different reasons. If I had to pick between the two, Shakti is my favorite. I like a more “structured” practice, but having said that, there were aspects of the free flowing practices on Dance that really opened up parts of myself, physically and mentally, that I hadn’t felt before. So, I’m glad to hear that you think Fluid Power is a good combo of the two – it is definitely next on my list of DVDs to try. Thanks!

3. Countdown September 15, 2007 at 1:43 pm #

i’m curious, pleas tell me if is it true that a person stops aging at the point he/she starts practising yoga? I’ve heard this numerous times.

4. Liz Jackson September 17, 2007 at 3:09 pm #

Which of the videos would you recommend for beginners?

5. Kundalini Yoga Frankfurt September 28, 2007 at 4:52 pm #

I´m planing to go deeper into vinyasa flow yoga… are shiva reas yoga- dvds good to take a look at?

6. Streaming Base October 5, 2007 at 7:20 am #

Yeah, any videos that would you recommend for beginners?

7. agentsully October 16, 2007 at 2:34 pm #

Liz and Streaming – for beginners you could do the Fluid Yoga one and just go at your own pace. You can also see another post I had on my top 10 Yoga Videos:

8. James November 21, 2007 at 7:02 am #

Yoga videos are very convenient and very helpful for those who doesn’t prefer to go out for gym to work out, because Yoga is always ready when you are. You might want to practice at a certain time, but there isn’t a class available. I know this is the case with me.

9. toni May 1, 2008 at 10:56 pm #

i wangt to buy the videos that you recommend for beginners!

10. Reiki May 30, 2008 at 5:14 pm #

that above image looks pretty advanced! Before I started yoga I had no idea how physically intense it was going to be. I though it was going to be more relaxing. I’m happy I was wrong and my body thanks me too!

11. Buy Yoga Equipment September 1, 2008 at 3:19 am #

We had started Yoga few days back thinking I would continue it for at least a year. Well, it was not a bad idea – to get up at 6 am, carry your yoga mats and do “Yoga” at the swimming pool side lawn. The sad part of the story is, it could not last longer than 2 months. But anyways, whatever time we did it, it was fun.

12. Anzelika October 29, 2008 at 3:41 pm #

THanks for the post. I think I will be getting that DVD. I love yoga

13. Reiki Sue March 24, 2012 at 5:13 am #

i have seen this its good, another real nice one to look for is vinyassa flow

1. Yoga Tips » Blog Archive » Fluid Yoga, Fluid Power - September 13, 2007

[…] Original post by agentsully […]

2. Solutions for 10 MORE Annoying Modern Day Problems - lifehack.org - September 20, 2007

[…] Life Learning Today, a blog about daily life improvements. A few of her most popular articles are Fluid Yoga, Fluid Power, How to Write a Book in 60 Days or Less, Should You Start Your Own Work at Home Business?, and 7 […]