25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work

25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work

1. Planning. Establish a routine of planning your week and your day. This will allow you to have your most productive week all the time. Start your day an extra 15 minutes early to do this planning everyday. Write down the top 1-3 important things you must do that day. And most importantly, set and reach your Goals! Use the power of intention to get there! (This is what adds jazz to your life! And focusing on your future helps you get through challenging times.)
  2. Power Question. Keep a question like this at your desk to help you stay focused: “Am I making the most of my time right now?” or “Is this the most productive use of my time?”
  3. Accept That You’ll Never Finish Your Task List. For perfectionists and overachievers this is as frustrating as a greyhound forever chasing the mechanical bunny around the track. Get off that track. Just make sure you work on your most important stuff first. Let the fluff slide, not your priorities.
  4. Turn off Your Computer. “What?!” you say. “Everything is done on my computer!” Well is it really? What percentage truly is? Plan to have your computer on only for that amount of time each day. Plan out blocks of time for different computer tasks and work from a checklist to keep you focused. Giving your eyes a rest from the screen will give you more energy for creating. Even if you just close your eyes as you think of a response to an email can help too.
  5. Don’t Check Email First Thing. Unless this is required in your job, then let it go until after you’ve completed your top priority of the day. And then process email in batches, say two or three times a day.
  6. Take Breaks. It’s a fact that taking breaks will increase productivity. It’s been proven in studies. If you need to, find someone to help ensure you take a morning and afternoon break.
  7. Make the Most of Your Commute. How do you spend your commute? Make it positive time. Use it for reading, writing, creative thinking, creative projects, listen to audio books, or, heck, write your own book! If you enjoy your commute, that happiness will spill over into how you feel at work.
  8. Drop Unimportant Tasks. Delegate or delete the non-essential items from your to-do list. The best way to do this is to always do your most important things first. Somehow, miraculously, extraneous things will fall away.
  9. Transitions. Make sure you plan in enough time between activities and appointments, and find ways to fail proof being on time.
  10. Choose Happiness, Humor, Enthusiasm, Gratitude, Kindness, and a Positive Outlook. Being productive and competitive in business doesn’t mean that you have to be serious all the time. Smiling doesn’t mean you’re not working hard. Enthusiasm doesn’t mean you’re not competitive. Being positive doesn’t mean you’re blind to challenges. Choose to enjoy your time at work. Find others who are like this and spread good cheer. It’s contagious and it grows. Try to avoid gossip and negative chat. It can be tempting, but it doesn’t serve anyone well, including yourself.
  11. Cultivate Compassion for Negative Coworkers. People who are negative are that way for a reason. They may have difficulties you don’t know about. Try to be compassionate and non-judging. If you’re a manager, people still need to meet benchmarks, but you don’t have to dislike them if they are not cutting it. When you encounter a negative person, you have the choice to either be affected by the negativity or to be the one who influences the other person. It’s a decision. Choose to stay positive. Instead of saying (in your head or out loud) “Oh, that Suzy-Q! Her negativity always ruins my day,” try thinking “Poor Suzy-Q. She must have some difficulties. I wish her peace. In spite of her negativity I will try to be a positive influence around her.”
  12. Pace Yourself, Especially on Bad Days. Go slow. Don’t be in a hurry. Just take one thing at a time and keep moving forward. If you’re having a really low day, you might even want to take care of yourself by playing hooky ! :)
  13. Take Everything in Stride. Deadlines, tough bosses, rude clients, slow computers. Don’t make them into large dramas. Don’t lament the challenges of the world. Simply accept that they are there, and just keep moving forward.
  14. Conflicts with Others. Let your goal be “to make progress.” Don’t get caught up in trying to “be right” or to “win” the argument. That will just slow you down. In your mind ask yourself, “what will move this conflict forward right now?” And then get busy doing that.
  15. Take Your Vacation Time. Try doing something different. If you always go on a trip, try taking a more local vacation, and really get some good rest time. Or if you always stay local, try visiting a new place. Variety is one of the keys to happiness.
  16. Pick Your Battles. Cliche, but true. It’s kind of like “The Boy Who Cried Wolf.” When you complain or fight on everything, then your power to ask for things is diminished. Save it up for when you really need it.
  17. Share Your Results. This is not about bragging, but about ensuring that you get credit for the hard work you do. Don’t keep quiet thinking that the right people know what you are doing. Speak up and find ways to let the right people know how you are contributing to the success of the company.
  18. Ask for Help. Don’t be afraid to collaborate with others. Don’t wait for your company to tell you what to do. Think creatively about how you can work with others to generate a greater result than if you had each worked on this alone.
  19. Face the Tough Stuff Head On. If there is something difficult that you must do, just bite the bullet and do it. Don’t put it off. Do it first thing in the day. It’s like jumping into a cold pool. Just count to three and do it!
  20. Ask for More Time. If you are asked a question that stumps you or surprises you, never feel like you have to answer it right away. (unless you absolutely must) Seek more time to think about or research your answer. Simple as this, “I’ll have to get back to you with an answer later.” This will save you from giveing an answer you will regret.
  21. Breaking Negative Habits. For one day, observe yourself. Where do you face difficulties? With people? Certain people? Certain circumstances? Take notice and then later on during some quiet time, think about one or two things you would like to work on. Set up some kind of reminder system to fail proof it, such as a simple yellow sticky note next to your computer.
  22. Learn from Criticism. Don’t immediately reject critiques from others, even if you don’t like or respect them. Sometimes people you don’t like may be giving you more honest feedback than you can get from others. Don’t take it personally. Even if it is personal, who cares? Listen, process, and then decide what positive action you might want to take.
  23. Adapt. Adaptation is the number one survival skill of living organisms. Those that don’t adapt, become extinct. In the work world, the same is true for companies, whole groups, and for individuals. Be open to change. Give it a chance. Adapt to new things while using your experience to guide you, and you will have great success.
  24. Learning and Improving. Always be on the lookout for opportunities to learn and improve your skills. Look for good seminars and training. Then ask work if you can attend and will they pay for your admission. If your company pays for education, use it! Borrow books from your local library, the company library, or even from your boss. Borrow some motivational audio tapes from your local library. Keep learning to continually renew your enthusiasm.
  25. Creative Thinking. Is your job boring? If so, take some responsibility in changing that. How can you make it more fun, more creative, more varied, etc.? What can you do that no one has done before? How could you grow enthusiasm at work? What is a new way that you could do old things? What processes could you alter to save time, work and money?

What makes you more productive and happy at work? All comments big and small are very welcomed!

If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or make a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!

138 Responses to 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work

1. Dennis August 24, 2007 at 12:25 am #

Agree with most EXCEPT the email tip. I process email all the time (not batches:
    – 10 to 30 emails at a time is too daunting
    – 1 or 2 at a time in that moment (after 7 minutes or so?) that your mind wanders from the task at hand anyway is a great way to change pace/ focus whilst actually churning through stuff.

2. almost vegetarian August 24, 2007 at 10:57 am #

Those are good tips, but that is a long list. Too long to remember. I prefer to keep it simple: Do work that is satisfying with people that are stimulating.

Cheers!

3. agentsully August 24, 2007 at 11:38 am #

@Dennis – that’s great. Sounds like you are able to process and then move on. For some email steals them away from things that need to be done sooner. But your way can definitely work too.

@ Almost Vegetarian – it is a long list. I like your simple motto! You could always bookmark this or print it out to review every once in a while.

Thanks!

4. Lyman Reed August 24, 2007 at 1:35 pm #

Great stuff, Sully. I was going to head back up the post and type which one’s meant the most to me… but they are all fantastic (although the commute one is something I love to do anyway.) :)

5. ru4real August 25, 2007 at 7:45 am #

This is a very good list – very well thought out. No. 2 is the thing I have struggled with. Before I realized that I am a goal oriented person, I just couldn’t every feel accomplished because there was ALWAYS something else on my list. When I began to understand the goal oriented personality, I started striving to celebrate (privately – not a big public “look-at-me production”) the completion of each goal individually. Making a list not only helps me stay on track, but it helps me to see that I’ve accomplished a lot – even if my “list” is not completed.

6. Peggy Collins August 25, 2007 at 8:33 am #

I particularly like your list item about asking for help because our culture makes us feel asking is a weakness and corporate cultures often support this.

And for women it becomes an even bigger problem because they don’t want to show what they don’t know – to keep up with the guys.

I’ve found all this to be near epidemic and have written a book about it called Help is Not a Four-Letter Word-Why Doing It All Is Doing You In published by McGraw Hill.

Encourage those in leadership to lay down guidelines for asking for help. “If you don’t understand something in 45 minutes, ask!” Etc.
    The morale, creativity, productivity and bottom line numbers would definitely go up!
    Peggy Collins

7. agentsully August 25, 2007 at 10:43 pm #

Thanks Lyman!

Peggy – Asking is so important! I love when people aren’t afraid to ask. When I hear that I see confidence and willingness to learn…not weakness. Wishing you good luck with your book.

8. Helen August 28, 2007 at 1:27 am #

Great list. We should learn to set aside our pride and ask for help. We don’t have to show everybody how strong we are. Every one of us has a weakness and we will not be able to overcome it if we don’t accept it.

9. Mike St. Pierre August 28, 2007 at 1:19 pm #

Really good stuff- I especially like the suggestion about posting a question for the day.

Mike

10. siblog August 28, 2007 at 1:41 pm #

“Am I making the most of my time right now?â€? or “Is this the most productive use of my time?â€?…Oh crap, I am surfing the web

11. TJ August 28, 2007 at 2:04 pm #

Do you have a printer-friendly version of this article.

Thanks.
    TJ

12. agentsully August 28, 2007 at 2:44 pm #

@TJ – I am still looking for a good “Print” plugin for wordpress. Anyone know of one? In the meantime, what I usually do is copy/paste text into either a Word document or text file and print that out.

@siblog – funny!

@ Helen & Mike – Thank you for your support!

13. Pamela August 28, 2007 at 8:58 pm #

These are helpful tips.
    I often ask for more time, not as an excuse, but a way of preparing my answers to be more specific and clear. Thanks for sharing this.

14. Bloggrrl August 28, 2007 at 10:30 pm #

I especially like #11. It keeps me from hitting them.

15. Red Jello August 29, 2007 at 10:50 am #

It’s so hard to spend time planning the week. Sometimes the best laid plans go right out the window on Mondays, leaving the rest of the week for “seat of the pants” game plans. My motto: “Stay calm.”

16. Allie September 6, 2007 at 11:39 am #

25 Tips…Number 15 – yikes, once again I neglected to book vacation time – so critical. Thanks for the thump on the head.

17. Bob September 7, 2007 at 9:18 am #

I don’t think the tips really help when the idiots in management are backstabbing their employees and treating them like dirt. If that wasn’t the case the tips would be very helpful.

18. Gadget Link October 29, 2007 at 3:25 am #

Interesting tips. I agree with them. I think it’s time I got more organized. First on my list : stop wasting time with my 10 email accounts. :D

(Cheers)

19. Girish November 8, 2007 at 8:55 am #

Agree with tip 3. Often times switching off your PC would make you time to plan and think your strategies.

20. Mike November 21, 2007 at 6:25 pm #

I like your tips, I’m going to try to add them to my daily life.

21. Auto Loan Guy November 28, 2007 at 6:23 pm #

I’m going to print this out and have all of my employees read it and/or put it up on their wall.

22. Little Tykes January 2, 2008 at 11:26 am #

A great list that I am now going to print out and keep next to my desk. Sometimes you need to be reminded about the simple things to can do to make life happier.

23. Las Vegas Homes Guy January 4, 2008 at 10:11 pm #

I don’t agree with #2 at all. I think sometimes you have to accept that, but with proper time management you can accomplish a lot. 15 is fine and good, if you can afford a vacation. Quite a lot of people these days can’t afford a vacation, so they simply cash the time in (they should come to Vegas instead!). I think its a must to have time off, even if you just sit around your own house. Pretty good list, all things considered.

24. pe-file Car Loans February 2, 2008 at 3:39 am #

What works best for me is to category my tasks into three priorities: A, B, and C. If I’m not able to accomplish all of my B’s and C’s task then the next day I will include them with new tasks and re categorize them. Most likely my C’s may either move to a B or even an A task. It’s possible that a B task could become a C task. This system assures me of knowing what my daily priorities are. And most cases I am able to accomplish my A tasks in a timely matter.

25. janet j February 8, 2008 at 3:58 am #

I should say this is a great list put up. Hope it helps others like me.

26. Jon February 13, 2008 at 1:41 am #

I agree to these tips. I have applied some of them in my work. They are realistic.

P.S.

please include facebook in your bookmark so i can post it on my account.

Thanx

27. agentsully February 13, 2008 at 2:07 pm #

@Jon. Glad you liked the tips. And I will add Facebook to the book marks section. Thanks for the reminder!

28. lower ab exercises February 15, 2008 at 3:53 pm #

These are great tips. Thank you very much for such a great article.

29. yunus ye?ilmen February 18, 2008 at 7:15 am #

great post. Thnks agentsully….

30. Dina February 27, 2008 at 7:02 pm #

Hi there,

I am Dina Gerdeman, a reporter with The Patriot Ledger newspaper in Massachusetts. I am working on a story about tips people can use to be happier.

Could you please shoot me an e-mail, and perhaps we can set up a time to chat?
    Dina Gerdeman
    The Patriot Ledger
    dgerdeman@ledger.com

31. agentsully March 3, 2008 at 8:57 pm #

@Dina – I emailed you. Looking forward to hearing from you!

32. Leo March 25, 2008 at 2:37 am #

I was very impressed with your list. Thank you for assembling it.

33. Jess April 7, 2008 at 9:59 pm #

One of the best systems I have implemented is breaking my TO DO list into 4 quadrants:

1. Important & Due Soon
    2. Important & Not Due Soon
    3. Not Important & Due Soon
    4. Not Important & Not Due Soon

Most people mix up #2 and #3, so a lot of important stuff creeps into #1 status, which causes stress. If it’s not important, I do important stuff first! Hope this helps some of you out.

34. Genie April 15, 2008 at 1:17 am #

hi, the tips were useful! I just saw them last week, and this week i can feel that i am more productively at work already! yeay!!!!

Thanks alot!
    -Genie

35. Tory Burch April 23, 2008 at 12:43 am #

Wonderful list, but you left off an important one: Make sure you’re doing something you (relatively) enjoy or have an interest in! I worked for 3 years at companies that I had no interest in, purely for the paycheck. They paid the bills, but I have recently transitioned to a work situation where I don’t make as much, but I have more passion and interest in what I’m doing. It has made a huge difference in my productivity and happiness level.

36. Dorph May 19, 2008 at 11:24 am #

I use a much simpler way to prioritise my response to calls, emails and workload. Everything goes in the in tray and is then ignored until somebody calls, emails or otherwise checks for progress. Then I deal with it! You would be amazed how much just never leaves the in tray… and the world keeps turning!

Dorph

37. agentsully May 21, 2008 at 12:07 pm #

@Dorph – ah, what a good method! I do something similar. I call it my junk pile. Every once in a while I go through it and throw out most of it! Thanks for sharing!

38. Las Vegas Real Estate Agent June 25, 2008 at 3:40 am #

What a great list! Especially the part about not starting the day with emails and only allowing certain blocks of time to deal with them. It’s amazing how much time email can eat up out of your day if you let it!!

Something that I have found helpful is to make up my next day’s “to do” list at night. In the morning I do all the “quick things” first. Quick phone calls, an email (outbound only!), faxes, small errands, etc. This allows me to check a lot of things off my list by early morning, leaving me with only the few longer tasks left on my list. I find that I am then less distracted and actually more energized because I feel like I have already accomplished so much in the day.

39. agentsully July 11, 2008 at 5:01 pm #

@LV RE A – thanks! My best days are always the ones where I plan it out and am very realistic about what I can accomplish in the day.

40. Phil Read July 25, 2008 at 2:14 am #

I have been using computers for over 25 and have seen lots of changes in the work place. But I have to admit in general everything seems to counter balance the progress we make. Let me explain…

We make Faster PCs – then we counter balance it with eye candy Operating systems and bloatware anti-virus software and protection making it no more productive.

We lay down faster internet connection – Then we stream high quality video and pack as much crap as we can into websites.

90% of email sent world wide is SPAM, my god what a waste of data sent across the internet not to mention millions of dollars in time every day for people to delete / fight spam with purchased software which in turn slows down our machines / servers.

Let’s face it we miss the point here… World Wide if we all worked only 4 days a week and only 1 partner worked full time no one would be any better off or more ahead of the game. Plus billions of dollars a year could be saved in child care costs and children would get a proper upbringing with a parent at home (man or women I’m not a sexist).

We think more is better, but just take the fact OIL prices have shot down in price because there’s less demand… What does that tell you, if we all said screw you, we’re staying at home this week OR cycling to work we’d all be healthier, oil would be cheaper and we’d save millions in health care.

One day we will wake up!

41. agentsully July 28, 2008 at 2:53 pm #

@Phil – Right on! I couldn’t agree more!

42. ROCKFUSE - Make Money Blogging August 19, 2008 at 9:14 am #

Thanks for the killer tips! Indeed gained something valuable from it…

Cheers!
    Nadeesha.

43. Alex August 31, 2008 at 8:58 am #

Point 20 Ask for More Time. is something about my way of doing thing. I never in a hurry to finish something, otherwise I will need to re-do the whole thing… ;)

44. MJ September 8, 2008 at 6:55 pm #

I’ve been discussing these tips in The Bee Blog at ButterBeeHappy.com. It’s been a fun experiment. I hope you’ll check it out and let me know what you think. I also hope you’ll try out Butter Bee Happy. You use it to write down five happy or thankful thoughts each day, to develop a more positive outlook on life and become happier. Also, a lot of people say they like reading through other user’s happy thoughts. It’s kind of like smiling to a stranger on the internet.

45. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:22 pm #

@MJ – What a cool idea! Thanks for highlighting my post/blog with this project of yours. It’s a really neat idea. I am flattered. Best wishes!

46. Chris March 6, 2009 at 12:18 am #

Wow! powerful advice…we need to be productive and happy at work…what i like best is to have a creative thinking….accept criticism…and allow yourself for improvement and learning.The world is a big place for us to experience freedom.

47. Pool tile cleaning October 15, 2009 at 5:02 pm #

I have had more success by following rule 19 than any other. I had a tendency to hide from the stuff I didn’t want to do and choose work that is lower priority to avoid some jobs.

48. Cort March 18, 2010 at 8:51 am #

I am so glad I found this. I needed to here these suggestions today.

49. Simple Life Tool June 10, 2010 at 11:40 pm #

Great tips. I often struggle with managing my task, and having too balance between the items that are important, and the ones that I just want to do. The ones I just want to do, are most often the ones for fun, which i cant shake at times.

Thanks

50. affiliatesea October 27, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

What a long long and helpful post.thanks for sharing.

51. Mr.Manonera November 6, 2010 at 12:51 pm #

Tnx for the info about becoming more productive.I am happy and productive when i making money online:-)it just that simple:-)

52. Yakime A. Brown December 1, 2010 at 9:23 am #

Thank you for this list. I especially appreciated item #3: Accept That You’ll Never Finish Your Task List. There is only so much time in a day and that work on your desk will be there the next day. The best you can do is to prioritize the most important tasks and complete them first. There’s no sense in staying at work into the wee hours trying to whittle down a list that will inevitably continue to grow daily. You’re just spinning your wheels and wasting precious time that could otherwise be devoted to nurturing relationships with family and friends.

• AgentSully December 19, 2010 at 9:05 pm #

Yakime – Thank YOU for sharing your comments and insights. I really appreciate it!
      Amazing art on your site!

53. Scoala de soferi January 3, 2011 at 6:36 am #

For tasks that require serious focus, you should avoid getting interrupted. One simple way is to go somewhere interrupters can’t find you. Another is to set up an agreement with the people around you: “don’t bother me when the door is closed”.

• AgentSully January 3, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

@Scoala – good points! Sometimes we may need a lock for that door to keep the interrupters out! :-)

54. Abogados February 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

excellent advice, I think if you put them into practice is more productive and feel much happier with what he does and coworkers.

55. Genny Jones March 21, 2011 at 4:11 am #

Thanks for sharing such a great article. I like the comments and I will send this link to people I work with.
    Be Confident, Be Positive and Be Happy!

56. Yulis Samoa May 17, 2011 at 9:43 am #

Frankly, I had an unpleasant experience in my work environment. I have a problem with my leadership. But I have to be patient because I really need the money for my survival and my children.

Thank you very much for your tips to become more productive and happy at work. It is very useful for me…

57. vansoiclyde May 24, 2011 at 2:14 am #

wiiiiw. what a long list, but being productive is a great task. How I wish I’ll be more productive, specially making money online.

Thanks a lot.

58. HomeTivi June 8, 2011 at 3:47 am #

59. Ergonomic Chairs June 14, 2011 at 9:18 am #

Sometimes its not just about the attitude towards work environment is also a big factor like having a clean station, cool place and great stuff like a having a beautiful chair and desk can motivate or boost one’s productivity. Thanks!

• AgentSully June 14, 2011 at 9:45 am #

@Erg Chairs – yes, a good environment is important, but it is also important to be honest with yourself about constantly trying to improve your office – because often that is a form of procrastination! Can anyone relate to this??? :-)

60. SANTOSH MUNGEKAR July 9, 2011 at 2:50 am #

GURU………….I LIKE YOUR TIPS,THANKS FOR THAT

• AgentSully July 13, 2011 at 7:01 am #

Santosh- surely I am no guru, but I thank you for your kindness.

61. Sandy Miguel July 12, 2011 at 8:33 pm #

Thank you so much. I really found this article helpful. I’m a freelancer and I always struggle to be productive at my own time (this is one of the many banes of being able to manage your own time and work at your own pace). Again, thanks so much!

62. Sphamandla August 12, 2011 at 8:31 am #

This is a great article tackling some of the most difficult issues we have to face in the work place.
    Adapting is one of the main things I think is important and so is tackling hard work head on and not waiting

63. Patio Furniture October 5, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

Nice post and very useful for me to be more productive in their work. Thanks.

64. destin florida November 23, 2011 at 3:52 am #

Good stuff! Taking a vacation is really necessary to become more productive. It’s like treating yourself for all the hard work and recharging yourself to be more creative in your profession.

65. Jon Mcloud March 12, 2012 at 3:10 am #

Great list of tips, with these tips it can help everyone to become productive and happy at work. One of the best things to do to stay productive at work is by planning. By planning your daily tasks you can effectively determine what tasks you need to do for the day and easily deal with distractions that come along your way. You can also create a to-do list and set an estimated amount time on each task when working. This way you can maximize your time when working and limit wasted time. Taking a regular break also help you to relax a bit and refresh sanity. That will help you stay productive in the long run and avoid tasks burnouts. The key that will help you follow scheduled tasks and finish each task on time is disciplined. Take a look at this tools that can help you track time accurately especially when working on different tasks.

66. Vicki J. Kidwell April 21, 2012 at 11:24 am #

Great Post!!

Accept That You’ll Never Finish Your Task List, that statement is so important to understand, because we usually put too much on our task list and during the day we start to feel pressure that we won’t be able to finish and it jeopardize our day. We go home and feel bad about it for a while and we do the same thing the next day. So Accept, Accept, Accept!!!

• AgentSully May 12, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

Hey Vicky, sorry your comment got stuck in moderation queue somehow. Thanks so much for the kind words!

67. Reggy July 15, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

Hello there, that is some awesome advice you gave there. I think that people are simple caught up in being stuck and do a lot of time wasting activity to seem busy. What you have advised on being more productive can really help. great post.

68. Adonis Hallowell August 3, 2012 at 5:56 am #

Very informative article post.Thanks Again. Fantastic.

69. Kumar August 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm #

Actually, you have got all the points that would stress a person in work correctly. I believe, some of them are important, such as turning off the computer when you are tensed, not checking the emails, relaxing, etc.

70. Adem May 9, 2013 at 5:23 pm #

Really great post
    Thanks

71. Matt January 12, 2014 at 8:59 pm #

I’m especially enjoying #6 take breaks. My mentor told me to take breaks every 25 minutes. But for each of those 25 minutes you’re working, set a task to accomplish. You end up focusing hard and efficiently, getting stuff done, while still getting to enjoy breaks. Very productive and rejuventating at the same time.

• AgentSully January 12, 2014 at 10:17 pm #

Thanks Matt. That’s a really important one that I have a tough time with. I will have to focus on the “focused work” as you say. Thanks!

72. @KQ_Comm May 20, 2014 at 1:02 pm #

#TipTuesday: Having a hard time finding your zen at work? Here are 25 tips for finding happiness in the workplace: http://t.co/4gvb5ZN5oK

73. @DevinCHughes May 20, 2014 at 2:05 pm #

25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work | Life Learning Today | @scoopit via @KQ_Comm http://t.co/YNrZhUkZXO

1. Links Make the World Go ‘Round - August 25, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work — from Life Learning Today. A nice supplement to my synergy series of articles. […]

2. 2007-08-26 - Sunday Links Folder : Freelance Folder - August 26, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work […]

3. 25 Tips For Workplace Happiness - lifehack.org - August 28, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work – [LifeLearningToday] digg_url = ‘http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/25-tips-for-workplace-happiness.html'; ( function() { var ds=typeof digg_skin==’string’?digg_skin:”; var h=80; var w=52; if(ds==’compact’) { h=18; w=120; } var u=typeof digg_url==’string’?digg_url:(typeof DIGG_URL==’string’?DIGG_URL:window.location.href); document.write(“”); } )() Author: Craig Childs Posted: Tuesday, August 28th, 2007 at 12:37 pm Tags: productivity, workplace Bookmark or Share this with a friend! […]

4. Productivity: Be Happier at Work · TechBlogger - August 28, 2007

[…] to each individual task assigned to you, you could be well on your way to a blissful career. 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work [Life Learning […]

5. Anonymous - August 28, 2007

25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work…

There’s no need to be miserable at work. Find out some simple things you can do to change your perspective instantly and in the process feel better and become more productive! What have you got to loose?…

6. 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work « Live2Study - August 28, 2007

[…] Live2Study Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler – Albert Einstein « 100 Websites You Should Know and Use 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work August 28th, 2007 Have you gotten into a rut at work? Would you like to be more engaged, satisfied, and fulfilled in your work? Would you like to be more productive and feel a greater sense of accomplishment at the end of each day? Well you can. It just takes a desire and commitment to renew your habits and routines. Follow these tips and you’ll see your work life improve. And that improvement will trickle into the rest of your life too. Read more… […]

7. The Pursuit of Productivity « Seminarian - August 29, 2007

[…] 29th, 2007 by seminarian The lifehacker Life Learning Today posted an article entitled  25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work.  And while I don’t subscribe […]

8. links for 2007-08-29 | pristina.org | everything design - August 29, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work (tags: career life) Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages. […]

9. Becoming More Productive (Surgeon General's Warning: DNWFE) - Jeff’s A.D.D. Mind - August 29, 2007

[…] these caveats in mind I’d like to point you to this recent posting that I found: 25 Tips to Become More Happy and Productive at Work.1 Some of the tips are great2 but what’s most important is that you take a look at this list. […]

10. How to Find Time for Yourself - lifehack.org - August 29, 2007

[…] Life Learning Today, a blog about daily life improvements. A few of her most popular articles are 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work, How to Write a Book in 60 Days or Less, Should You Start Your Own Work at Home Business?, and 5 […]

11. Be happy. Enjoy what you do. Get stuff done. « FrankandPat - August 30, 2007

[…] what you do. Get stuff done. Filed under: hippiness, productivity — Stephen @ 9:04 am 25 tips for being happier and more productive. Didn’t Thom Yorke have something to say about that? Anyways, here’s some tips about […]

12. Más feliz al trabajo — El Canasto - August 30, 2007

[…] todo en 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work […]

13. Links for today / ADRIFT by Jose Marques - August 30, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work […]

14. Xoda blogg » Blog Archive » Stressad? Här finns nÃ¥gra tips… - August 31, 2007

[…] bloggen Life Learning Today finns 25 tips pÃ¥ hur man blir bÃ¥de gladare och mer produktiv. Jag har ett eget tips: gÃ¥ ut i naturen när ingen annan är där, njut av gryningen och tystnaden […]

15. | The Executive Assistant's Tool Box - August 31, 2007

[…] Learning Today provides us with 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work – a great supplement to our post earlier this week 15 Ways to Enjoy Work (a little) More. Nothing […]

16. Simple Ways to Be Happier and More Productive : The Freelance Pro - August 31, 2007

[…] an article I just read on this topic: 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. It’s written for people with 9-to-5 jobs, but most of the tips can be easily applied to […]

17. On The Job: Create a Better Work Environment « Job & Career News - August 31, 2007

[…] by Sarah on August 31st, 2007 Check out 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work to find ways you can make your days a bit […]

18. Karen Burns, Working Girl » Your Assignment - August 31, 2007

[…] But, but. . . . .we can’t get away from work.  It takes up most/all/a good deal of our time!  So why not be happy there?  To this end, via Florinda, here’s a handy article from Life Learning Today, “25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work.” […]

19. Undocumented Features » Blog Archive » The Self-Project: 25 Tips to Being Happier at Work - August 31, 2007

[…] can you do?  The folks over at Life Learning Today have some advice.  Check out this article on happiness in the […]

20. links for 2007-09-02 « Flying Cloud - September 1, 2007

[…] http://lifelearningtoday.com/2007/08/23/25-tips-to-become-more-productive-and-happy-at-work/ (tags: productivity) […]

21. Vince’s Blog » Blog Archive » IToW 2 and then some - September 1, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Becoming More Productive and Being Happy at Work Self-explanatory. […]

22. Kolz Blog » Blog Archive » How to Find Time for Yourself - September 2, 2007

[…] […]

23. Kolz Blog » Blog Archive » 25 Tips For Workplace Happiness - September 2, 2007

[…] kind of mindset you allow yourself to be in. What have you done today to improve your work life? 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work – [LifeLearningToday] Bookmark or Share this with a […]

24. Monday Morning Links Serving: The September 3rd Edition | [Geeks Are Sexy] Technology News - September 3, 2007

[…] -25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work Have you gotten into a rut at work? Would you like to be more engaged, satisfied, and fulfilled in your work? Would you like to be more productive and feel a greater sense of accomplishment at the end of each day? This article will tell you how to do it. […]

25. Links for September 1, 2007 « Flying Cloud - September 3, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work […]

26. Blah, Blah, Blahg - Techie, security, political, and other useless miscellany » Happy, productive working you - September 5, 2007

[…] less than desirable to have around because they are so unhappy, point them to this guide to having a more productive workplace and being happier on the job. 11. Cultivate Compassion for Negative Coworkers. People who are negative are that way for a […]

27. 让自己更高效和快ä¹?的方法 » 生活帮-LifeBang - September 6, 2007

[…] “25个让工作更有效率更快ä¹?çš„çª?é—¨â€?-æ?¥è‡ªlife learning today […]

28. 让自己更高效和快�的方法 - September 7, 2007

[…] “25个让工作更有效率更快ä¹?çš„çª?é—¨â€? æ?¥æº?:Lifebang.com(生活帮) 看尘埃飞舞 […]

29. !5+6+9+10+15+20+25+30+40+50×6… « Блог Серёжи Борзова - September 18, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work – возможно поможет. […]

30. links for 2007-09-19 : Bob Plankers, The Lone Sysadmin - September 19, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work “Accept That You’ll Never Finish Your Task List” is the key. That helps you prioritize all the rest. I ask myself what I can leave undone, and that makes what I have to do clear. […]

31. ИнтереÑ?ные иÑ?тории в цифрах « МенÑ? называют капуцином - September 20, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work – возможно поможет. […]

32. mustsuccess.com - September 24, 2007

25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work…

33. 25个建议让你在工作时�得更快�和更有效率 - November 3, 2007

[…] 原文地å?€ï¼š25 tips to become more productive and happy at work […]

34. Productivity: Be Happier at Work | I am here - November 28, 2007

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work [Life Learning Today] […]

35. 计划��的一些改� | 猫的�� - November 29, 2007

[…] 最å?Žï¼ŒæŽ¨è??一个相关阅读,希望对大家有用:25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work。 […]

36. emendatio » Blog Archive » Shorty: 25 tips to become more productive. - February 6, 2008

[…] Link: LLT – 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work […]

37. 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work « Matt on Management - March 11, 2008

[…] Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work I stumbled across a great list that I wanted to share with my readers.  It’s a bit long to keep in mind, but it’s […]

38. Focusing on efficiency | Life on Avenue Z - July 29, 2008

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work […]

39. Is Stress Keeping You Fat? 5 Tips to End Your Emotional Eating | Life Learning Today - August 17, 2008

[…] out the reoccurring events in your life that cause you repeated stress. Lets say you find out that your job is a big source of stress then you need to ask “what can I do about it?” You might talk to your boss about making […]

40. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » The Power Question - September 4, 2008

[…] found an article called “25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work” and decided to go through the tips one by one to see if they work for […]

41. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Accept That You’ll Never Finish Your Task List - September 6, 2008

[…] This is #2 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

42. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Turn off Your Computer - September 6, 2008

[…] This is #3 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

43. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Don’t Check Email First Thing - September 6, 2008

[…] This is #4 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

44. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Take Breaks - September 6, 2008

[…] This is #5 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

45. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Make the Most of Your Commute - September 6, 2008

[…] This is #6 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

46. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Planning. - September 8, 2008

[…] This is #7 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

47. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Drop Unimportant Tasks. - September 8, 2008

[…]  This is #7 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

48. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Choose Happiness, Humor, Enthusiasm, Gratitude, Kindness, and a Positive Outlook. - September 11, 2008

[…] This is #10 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

49. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Cultivate Compassion for Negative Coworkers - September 15, 2008

[…] This is #11 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

50. The ButterBeeHappy.com blog- Happiness|Psychology|Podcast » Blog Archive » Pace Yourself, Especially on Bad Days - September 15, 2008

[…] This is #12 out of 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work. […]

51. Ideas para ser más productivo y feliz en el trabajo « Un Regio Blog! - March 1, 2009

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work […]

52. NoisyCoworkers » Distractions of Your Own Doing - March 16, 2010

[…] Unpopular, sure.  But work is for work- if you don’t want to work evenings and weekends, be more productive during the day.  Revolutionary, I […]

53. Office Sound Masking » Blog Archive » Managing time for more productivity - March 17, 2010

[…] are literally thousand, if not millions, of tips for productivity.  That’s because different things work for different people and because different people […]

54. Online Degrees: 100 Blog Posts That Will Make You Happier Right Now - June 23, 2010

[…] 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work: Follow these tips for happiness at work. […]

55. Be More Efficient at Work | Smack The Money Maker - January 25, 2012

[…] http://lifelearningtoday.com/2007/08/23/25-tips-to-become-more-productive-and-happy-at-work/ […]

56. Managing More Productivity with Sound Masking | Office Sound Masking - March 21, 2012

[…] you might imagine there are literally thousands of tips for productivity.  There are so many tips not just because so many authors are writing them, but also because […]