Work at Home: The Dream

Ah, the dream of working for yourself out of your own home! What could be better, right? Well it turns out there are major pros and cons to having your own work at home business. This article will provide the elements of working from home that you should consider before making the leap. I have been working from home as a freelance writer and blogger for 3 years now so I have personal insights that you will hopefully find valuable.

Work at Home: The Reality Pros and Cons

1. Work in your PJ’s.
Pro: This is the ultimate, right? Getting up and doing your work in your PJ’s and slippers. Sounds good and sometimes it is good. Being able to do work anytime in any clothing is convenient.

Con: The reality for many people is that your level of productivity is often influenced by how you are dressed. Yes, you can work in your pajamas, but once you’re doing this for a while, you’ll probably find that you get a little more motivation from getting out and exercising first, showering, and putting on clean clothes before starting work.

2. No Boss.
Pro: It’s true that your boss is not in your home looking over shoulder.

Con: However, we all have a “boss,” someone that we answer to:

• Bloggers have their audience to please.
  • Freelancers and service providers have their clients to please.
  • Product sellers have their customers to please.
  • Writers have their editors, publishers, and readers to please.
  • Inventors have their end-user to please.
  • We all have ourselves, family, and financial needs that we must live up to.

3. Flexible Schedule.
Pro: This is a major benefit. You can decide when you work. You can take time off whenever you wish. Doctor appointments? No problem. Your child is sick? You’re already home to take care of them. But there is a catch.

Con: You need to make up the time somewhere. The work must get done. You can make it up on nights and weekends, but then balancing work and home can become quite challenging. If you have a family you might run into resentment of the extra time you spend doing work. If you’re single, this is less of a problem in terms of people putting demands on you, but you certainly run the risk of work edging out your personal time. So you need to think about how you will define the line between work and home life. And it’s not as easy as you might think.

4. No More Office Politics.
Pro: You won’t have to schmooze for that promotion. You will make your own promotions. You won’t have to watch Suzy-Q and Dapper-Dan get ahead because they are good at working office relationships. But….

Con: You may watch competitors get ahead for the same reasons. You may lose clients, contracts, readers, deals, etc because you are not working smart enough on the relationship building front. The bottom line is politics is not good or bad. It just is. By definition it exists as part of all human interactions. The only question is how you navigate and leverage it. Politics is human relations. It doesn’t mean you have to bend your morals. But it may mean that you need to work with someone you’re not crazy about in order to bring about a mutually beneficial outcome.

5. No Limits on Income.
Pro: No longer will you have to wait some silly prescribed timeframe in order to be eligible for a raise. The quality of your work will determine your income. By working hard and smart, you’ll have unlimited earnings potential. Really.

Con: It’s not easy. You will need to have a smart business plan. You will need to adjust your plan as you progress, especially when you hit roadblocks and plateaus, which will inevitably happen. You will need to be super organized, focused, and persistent. Income is especially hard in the beginning, so what you gain in upside potential you lose in security of income, retirement plans, health insurance and other benefits.

6. No More Interruptions.
Pro: You won’t have to worry about Chatty Cathy stopping by your cubicle every day, interrupting your productivity. You won’t have to worry about endless non-productive meetings anymore.

Con: But you’re not entirely off the hook. There’s still two potential challenges:

• First, if you have family or roommates, inevitably there will be interruptions. When you’re using some of your flexibility to work nights or weekends, they’ll be there either getting miffed about you working again or they will be tempting you to slack off. If you have children, forget it, especially if they are young. It’s a real challenge. You need to establish boundaries and you will likely find times when you want to keep working, but you must stick with your promises in order to keep a happy family.
  • Second, if you live alone, then you will face the problem of isolation. With isolation you have no “local” colleague with whom to bounce ideas, ask advice, or consult. You will need to develop these types of relationships elsewhere. No man is an island. You will gain strength from having a virtual “team” of people you can go to for guidance. The other problem with isolation is you must provide your own motivation. Whether we like it or not, we all need to be pushed from time to time. Without interruptions or a boss you must create this for yourself. Yes, interruptions can serve as a motivator at times! And they force breaks on us too which is good for productivity. You’ll want to consider how you’ll ensure that you take breaks.

7. I’ll Work Less Hours. It Will Be Easier.
Pro: Perhaps eventually you will work less and it may be easier down the road. Maybe you’ll become like Tim Ferris and design your life so you only work 4 hours per week. Or it may be that you choose to live on a lower income. In that case you might work less sooner rather than later.

Con: For most of us, starting a business means hard work and long hours! Of course those hours are all for your business so that’s a beautiful thing. But it’s also your time and money at stake too. Work is work and it must get done. The other good thing is that if you are choosing the right business, i.e. something you love, then the work will feel like play. That’s a great thing. But at the end of the day, you will be tired, you will struggle at first and wonder “Did I make the right decision?” You’ll need to stick with it, adapt your plan when necessary, and smile even when you feel like you’re not making any progress.

8. More Creative License.
Pro: You will be in charge. You’ll make the decisions in your business. Your creativity can run free and wild. There are, however, conflicting forces at work that you’ll need to content with.

Con: You must please someone in addition to yourself in order to make money. So you will need to balance your income goals, your desire for creative authority, and the desires of your clients, readers, vendors, users, etc. It may be that your creativity is right in line with what your clients want or it may be that you’ll need to sacrifice your creative freedom a bit in order to meet your income goals. The bottom line is that for most, the client’s needs and desires will highly influence how our creativity manifests in our product, writing, services, inventions and so on. It’s a matter of prioritizing your income goals in balance with your desire for maximum creative license.

9. No Selling Things I Don’t Believe In.
Pro: There will be no more product/service of the month that you’ll be required to sell. Sometimes you like the company you work for, but occasionally you squirm at the thought of selling this quarter’s featured product. Ugh. No more of this! Hurray!

Con: No matter what your business is, you will still need to sell. And boy will this be important to your success or failure. Selling is not hard if you believe in what you are selling. Presumably this will be the case with your own business. If not, then maybe you don’t have the best business idea yet. True “selling” means helping people meet their needs. Focus on meeting clients’ needs and you will sell a lot. But of course there is a lot more to it than that. Stay tuned by subscribing for an upcoming article on How to Be a Great Salesperson.

10. No More Nightmare Clients.
Pro: If a client is beligerant, unreasonable, or otherwise unattractive to deal with, you will have the decision power to say, “Bye, bye!”

Con: At the same time, you will never be free of difficult client circumstances. And in each of these circumstances you will be required to decide how to handle them. Some examples:

• Freelancers: Your biggest client turns difficult with the addition of a new general manager. What do you do?
  • Writers: Your editor seems to have turned sour on your writing, finding fault all the time. How do you handle this?
  • Bloggers: How will you handle mean comments, blog hecklers, and the like? How will you handle a negative campaign against you?
  • Selling products: There can be shipping problems, returns, complaints, lawsuits and more. You’ll need to deal with all of these.
  • Inventors: If you produce your product, you’ll need to manage relationships with manufacturers, distributors, and marketing companies where you will face issues of trust, control, and quality. If you sell your idea, you will likely face tough negotiations if you want to get the most value for your invention.

How to Meet these Challenges

Two words: Business Planning. (Subscribe for an upcoming Business Planning article) The best way to meet these challenges is to have a business plan. It doesn’t have to be formal if you’re not sharing it with financiers, but you’ll do yourself a favor by having as much detail as is necessary to be ready to take the plunge. See the resources below for links to business planning help, most of which is free!

The Bottom Line

This article is not meant to discourage you from pursuing your dream of starting your own work at home business, but rather to prepare you for the realities, both good and bad, so that you can decide whether you’ll be comfortable with this decision. If you do make the decision you’ll be able to plan how you will handle these challenges. Having a home based business can be wonderful, but it’s not for everyone. The other thing to consider is that if things don’t work out you can always go back to working for someone else.

Further Resources

Here are some helpful business planning resources if you decide to move forward with plans to start your own work at home business.

• SBA – The Small Business Association has many online resources, services, and tools to help you with your new business.
  • SCORE – check out this resource in your local area. They usually have free business planning seminars. Retired business people provide free guidance and consultation to aspiring entrepreneurs. Don’t pass up this free resource!
  • Free Business Plan Templates
  • Fast4Cast – a free online business planning tool.
  • Govt of Canada Interactive Business Planner - a free online tool that will help you create a 3 year business plan.
  • Links to several Business Planning Freeware
  • Business Plan Pro Business Plan Pro (highly rated by PC Magazine and Inc. Magazine.) There is a cost with this program. I have used it and it is excellent. It makes the process very easy. And it is handy to have it right on your own computer.

Tell us about your business plans! You’ll get a link to your site! All comments big and small are very welcomed!

If you found this post valuable, please SHARE THIS below with a Stumble or Delicious bookmark. Votes are always appreciated!

If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or make a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

1. 1
    Vic
    July 18th, 2007 at 1:23 am

Yes! Yes! tell it like it is. People think having your own business is a dream sometimes you have to worried about what you wish for they may come true.

2. 2
    Log Home Guy
    July 18th, 2007 at 4:34 am

One problem I find with working at home is there are a lot of distractions.

I’m almost to the point of looking for a small office to lease just to stay focused… but that’s another expense… not sure if I can justify it yet.

3. 3
    OneYearGoal.com - $100,000 online
    July 18th, 2007 at 7:01 pm

Wow. That’s a very well reasoned article. Still I think whether you work at home is more you nature than the result of any rational thought.

One Man. One Year. $100,000 online. How’s he doing it?

4. 4
    Andrew Pass
    July 18th, 2007 at 7:02 pm

I started my own business four years ago but I’ve really had two businesses in that time period. In the first business, I ran after school enrichment classes. I hired a staff and they taught the classes. It was a great headache. Every afternoon I was worried that I’d get a call that a teacher did not show up. As upsetting was the fact that even though I signed up a lot of schools at which to run classes many of these schools could not fill the classes so even though I took the time to find the teacher for the class the class didn’t run. Two people were upset, me and the teacher.

A little more than two years ago, I started a second business. This business so far has been more successful. I’m developing curriculum and offering professional development. (Before I began my first business I worked for a doctorate in Curriculum, Teaching and Educational Policy.) I’ve been fortunate to have some of my writing published in the last year. But, you are completly correct, it’s not easy. Sometimes I think I’m over motivated, it’s now 7pm and I’ve gotten up once since I sat down after lunch at 1:15pm. Fortunately, I enjoy what I do. (I’m having a good time writing this comment, and I very much consider it marketing. I’m hoping that readers will check out my blog.)

Anyhow, thanks for a very interesting post. I’d be happy to answer any questions about my career path.

5. 7
    rich sloan
    July 18th, 2007 at 10:51 pm

this is a great analysis. i hope that the following is consistent with objectives of your blog.

if your readers are seriously considering home-based business or are currently running a home-based business, may i encourage them to sign up for updates on the first annual ranking of the best performing home-based businesses?

it will highlight individuals who have achieved great success working from home. also a part of it will be fun competitions for those who are not so large – home businesses judged as “greenest”, “boomers”, “most slacker friendly” and other interesting categories…

it starts august 1 but pre-registration email is available at http://www.startupnation.com...

cheering for everyone’s home-based success!

rich

6. 8
    Michelle Gartner
    July 19th, 2007 at 12:01 am

Having worked outside of the home for over 4 years now with my DH at Gartner Web Dev I know the ends & outs of working at home- I think your article just about covers it. But still people won’t really know how it goes until you live it! After 4 years though little things still bug me- we have a lot of friends & family who think having a home based business is easy. They also equate MLM’s and party selling (sex toys, tupperware, avon, whatever) with what my Dh & I do; web development, consulting, servicing of computers, e-retail, etc . We actually spend a heck of a lot of time marketing, and in strategic planning. We sometimes go without sleep to make deadlines and get a jump on projects. I don’t think everyone is cut out for having their own business. But I love it… Great article Sully! -Michelle Smart not Cheap
    One of a Kind Wisconsin

7. 9
    Mary Emma Allen
    July 19th, 2007 at 12:09 am

Very good article mentioning the cons as well as the pros. Many people don’t look thoroughly enough at the downside before deciding to start a home business. Also, they often don’t consider the necessity of having a plan. My husband and I have been involved in home businesses or self-employeed for many years, although we often work for someone else parttime.

8. 10
    July 19th, 2007 at 1:02 am

Thank you everyone so much for your kind comments, for sharing your stories and your links!

Hope to see you all again in the future!

9. 11
    Gina
    July 19th, 2007 at 2:02 am

Thanks for sharing the two sides of the coin. The reminder is really great, especially for those who forgot about the basics of business already..

10. 12
    William Profet :: OneJobTwoSalaries.com
    July 19th, 2007 at 3:18 am

Hi,

Great article! Maybe every 9-5 employee has the same dilemma. I was one of them, but I made my choice and I am at home now! :)

But it is hard to beat the seduction of the TV, surfing, just sleeping, walking, eating, etc. Very hard!

Regards,
    William

11. 13
    Andy Bargery
    July 19th, 2007 at 4:01 am

Great post. Most people when thinking about working from home tend to be viewing the idea through rose tinted glasses. Whilst there are all the advantages you mention, there are also all of the negatives and more. For example the nightmare clients are a total reality but you have even less freedom to sack them and YOU have to do all the work and decision making to keep them happy. There is also the constant challenge of keeping yourself motivated that is no mean feat.

Although having said all that, after 18 months working from home I can only say it’s well worth all of the risks. The flexibility in terms of working hours and also making money is great.

Andy

12. 15
    Stephen
    July 19th, 2007 at 6:25 am

AS:Great article, and terrific comments from some folks who should know. Keep it up!

13. 16
    Chad
    July 19th, 2007 at 10:39 am

Very nice article. I am starting to plan a freelance writing business and I am scared out of my wits! Ironically, this helped assure me that, through planning and determination, the risks should be minimal. Thanks!

14. 20
    Jade
    July 19th, 2007 at 7:21 pm

I have been working from home for about a year now. Really, very little about the “work” has changed; I still have deadlines, and clients and colleagues with which to coordinate and negotiate. The real difference is how all of that is accomplished.

Now, more than ever, email and online chat have become the primary means of communicating with both Colleagues and clients. On days when I really have to ratchet up the level of communication, a telephone conference or WebEx will usually do the trick. These types of interactions tend to be much more efficient than the flurry of useless meetings I used to labor through each week. Yet, despite the increased efficiency, I find myself often longing for more personal interaction. On days when it gets really bad, I pack up my laptop and head for a local coffee shop or bookstore. Freedom has it’s moments of loneliness, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Cheers

15. 21
    Helen
    July 19th, 2007 at 10:09 pm

Nice post. Thanks for providing us with the details about home business. The pros and cons are really useful in considering the situation. We have to be aware of the situation first before making decisions.

16. 22
    Zahasman
    July 19th, 2007 at 10:25 pm

I agree with everything that u noted up there. Most of them are exactly the reason why I quit freelancing last year and got a job, while doing part time web business at the same time right now… this is more practical for a starting entrepreneur… :)

17. 24
    raj
    July 20th, 2007 at 12:20 am

Agent Sully suggested that I drop a link to a similar article I wrote at the end of June: The benefits and hazards of working at home.

18. 25
    July 20th, 2007 at 11:55 am

@Gina – thanks for your support!

@William – so true to watch out for those tempting time wasters!

@Andy – I agree. For me it is worth it. But it doesn’t mean that it is a walk in the park. I like having more control.

@Stephen – thanks!

@Chad – good luck with your new writing business. Check out some of the articles I have under the category “Writing” for more info on that.

@Jade – yes, I also often long for more people to talk to about my business! So I simply have to create it with online associates, etc.

@Helen – thanks!

@Zahasman – thanks for sharing your experience. Working from home is not for everyone. There are many benefits for working for a company. We all have to choose what is right for us!

Raj – Thanks for the helpful link.

19. 26
    mel
    July 20th, 2007 at 12:19 pm

Great pros and cons. Great to look at them side by side.

20. 30
    cheero
    July 21st, 2007 at 12:30 am

This article is golden. I enjoy the fact that you gave both pros and cons of the story. I recently quit my job at a real estate development firm that was driving me insane. I’ve had friends tell me for years I should use my graphic/web and audio skills for years on the web but I never thought it was possible. However, after some research, it turns out that its all very possible with a solid business plan.

Thanks again, really appreciate that you took time to write about this topic.

21. 33
    July 22nd, 2007 at 7:57 pm

Cheero – good luck to you! Let us know how it goes!

22. 34
    Bootstrap business
    July 23rd, 2007 at 11:23 am

It’s nice to be your own boss (at least it makes you feel that you’re the boss) and that you can manage your time. But, as with all work, one needs a good business strategy/plan, hard work, and good time management.

23. 37
    Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker
    July 23rd, 2007 at 3:56 pm

My husband owns his own business striping parking lots. Our answering machine and me, when I am home, are his secretaries. He works long hours, much more than he would if he worked for someone else. He also works hours of the day and night that others don’t. The positive thing is that he is also off whenever he wants to be. He has been his own boss so long that he couldn’t work for anyone else.

Through my new blog, I also work from home and I love it. My best writing usually comes after midnight.

24. 39
    July 24th, 2007 at 11:24 pm

@Patricia – ah yes, the trade-offs – working more with the option of working less (which we rarely take advantage of! :)

Good luck with your blog! It looks interesting!

25. 40
    Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker
    July 25th, 2007 at 1:04 am

Thanks. Come by and visit anytime.

26. 41
    Anton Mazer
    July 25th, 2007 at 5:46 am

Some years ago I started my brand consultancy business from home. I converted my garage but made sure there was no entry from within the house. So I went out the front door, took 10 steps to get into the ‘office’ and greatly minimised the number of interruptions.
    Noneed to rent an office around the corner!

Cheers,

Anton

27. 45
    July 29th, 2007 at 12:44 pm

@Patricia – I’ll be visiting.

@Anton – that’s great you were able to set up a quiet office in your garage! I’m jealous! I need to do something like that. I have way too many interruptions where my office is!

28. 48
    4MySales
    July 31st, 2007 at 6:32 pm

The reality is that owning your own business cna be very rewarding. However, it is not an easy life and the stress is much greater than what you find in a 9-5 paycheck.

-4MySales

29. 50
    Dana Hall
    August 2nd, 2007 at 4:36 pm

This is the best article I’ve read on the topic to date. You really tell it like it is!

Most of the time I LOVE working at home. Some times I miss the camradarie of an office. But, let’s face it, office politics suck, I’ve had enough of that to last several life times! And, working in p.j.’s, getting up to dance to a favorite song on the radio, sipping a margarita at the end of a long day, taking time out to take a dip in the pool with the kids (or without them), can’t be beat!

Dana Hall
    Founder, Editor
    Passionate for Life Magazine

30. 54
    Ricardo Del Rio
    August 13th, 2007 at 9:33 am

Great Article, very interesting.
    About Pajamas, it is just one image. You must be confortable and happy. Shirts, Shorts, Bermudas, Pajamas, any kind of clothes.
    If you wish to live in real how is to work with pajamas, just go to http://www.pajamanation.com
    There you will find more than 58 countries looking for your services. and it is Free.
    what are you waiting for?

31. 58
    The Decision Strategist
    September 5th, 2007 at 5:01 pm

This is a great post! It’s almost life a plus-minus-interesting exercise on whether or not to start your own business.

To be honest I don’t have a formal business plan yet. I have a couple of different projects in the works, and definitely have a sort of mental business plan, but I spent 4 years writing business plans for my ideas and never actually capitalizing on them.

I decided this time to just work on the ideas and keep only an outline of a business plan. So far it’s worked much better. I’ve been able to maintain enthusiasm because I see progress happening.

32. 59
    September 6th, 2007 at 11:35 am

Dana – thanks for your thoughts!

Ricardo – personally I’m over the pj’s thing, but having the option is nice!

Decision Strategist – Good luck with your endeavor! Come back and let us know how it is going!

33. 60
    Start A Business From Home
    September 14th, 2007 at 8:12 pm

More info please…. Your topic about ld You Start Your Own Work at Home Business? needs more comments. I\’d like to spend me Friday nights reading about start a business from home

34. 63
    Patrick Bankay
    October 20th, 2007 at 1:55 pm

This is a great blog with some great tips. Here are some no cost ways of promotion that can be effecive when implemented:

1) Print some simple ads from your computer, get them photocopied for as cheap as possible, then post them in bus shelters.

2) Use those same ads from above and go door-2-door with them, or alternatively you can get some locals to do it for you for a small price.

3) Write a really informative and tip filled article and submit it to as many article hubs as possible. This way it increases the chance of ezine publishers to pick up your article and get even more exposure.

4) Post to free classified ad sites. There are many, but the key here is consistancy. If you can consistantly post to free classified ad sites your ad will be seen.

5) Safelists is another route to go. Many people do say that safelist advertising isn’t effective, but it can be if you post consistantly to the same safelists. join 5 – 10 safelists and everyday for a month post the same ad and you will see that you will get some traffic from safelists.

There are many more free ways to promote your business or website. These are just a few.
    ____________________
    Regards,
    Patrick Bankay

FREE “Nuts and Bolts� Business Plan
    Shows how to To Generate $997 Daily
    Cash Payments Repeatedly!
    Fill out the contact form and it will
    be e-mailed to you immediately!

35. 65
    ListFreeware
    October 27th, 2007 at 4:25 am

Well, actually in every business always theres rules like this, much effort is much money. But i hope you have take time to give some tips, not like shortcut, but help us to make a big chance to succsess …

36. 67
    www.incomesmachine.com
    November 21st, 2007 at 8:37 am

Overall Great Article: I would suggest that you include a topics “Your exit strategy” and “funding your dream. I see way too often that people run out of money (and there are plenty of people to take it) before they have figured out how to really create your wealth from on line. You really need to create your own ATM (attitude-time- Money machine). This is best done by finding a qualified mentor. Without this the road is very steep. For readers, call SCORE today. They can save you tons of money.

All the best and thanks for the good info

Jake

37. 68
    Takeoffzone
    November 28th, 2007 at 11:37 pm

It is always a great feeling when one has the option to try new ventures like working from home and be profitable at the same time. Having faced the work at home business challenge for more than 5 years now, I’m authorized to say that the biggest myths of working from home are that “you’ll work less hours” and “it will be easier”, but the true is that “you’ll work more and won’t be easy”, specially at the beginning. Another contra worth to mention is that people who surround you tend to be less respectful about the time your business demands thinking that because you are at home, you are not working! Thanks for the good article.

38. 69
    Cyn`s Work At Home Online Ideas
    December 5th, 2007 at 11:51 am

Excellent article which really does spell out the pros and cons of having your own work at home business. It is much harder to make your own money than to earn a salary and your comment ….to prepare you for the realities, both good and bad,… is great as so many believe it is so easy.

39. 70
    Tom at The Home Business Archive
    December 10th, 2007 at 5:15 am

I like this article too.The benefits of working at home and being able to make your own fortune are great.It is all up to you.

40. 71
    Work at Home With Takeoffzone
    December 16th, 2007 at 2:23 pm

A lesson to learn here is that one must be diligent by researching and examining the many potential benefits and drawbacks found in this business that is called ‘work at home’ before jumping into its bandwagon.

41. 72
    Work at home business girl
    January 3rd, 2008 at 7:48 pm

A very good read. You touched on some points that many people fail to realize. I have found that, whith more and more people becoming unemployed in my state of Michigan, small businesses are on the rise. I just hope these individuals read your post…think I’ll link to it on my site.

42. 73
    AngelRS
    January 11th, 2008 at 12:07 am

Yeh! It will be very fun to work at home and make money Online. I love that way. We can be our own boss….
    Thanx for giving such information on the same….

43. 74
    Daniel Mcgonagle
    January 14th, 2008 at 11:23 am

Hi, great post! I would advise that you test the waters first before going full-time. If you think your not ready yet and the pay at your day job is sufficient enough to augment yours and that of your family’s needs, don’t quit yet. But if the answer to it is a ‘yes,’
    the go for it!

44. 75
    Martin
    January 20th, 2008 at 3:45 pm

This column was very informative. Kudos to the writer. I think that the only true way for any of us to really reach our business goals, and goals in life for that matter, is by coming together as community and helping one another. The power of community is remarkable. By being part of one that consistently contributes information to one another you multiply your efforts by tenfold. The saying it “ it takes a village� applies to more than just raising children. I for one love nothing more than to help someone get one step closer to reaching their dreams. It gives me a sense of contribution that makes feel OK about staying up long hours day and night researching the latest techniques and tricks to have a successful business and draw people to it.

The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell.
    -Confucius-

If you are interested in some help in your business visit my videos at

or check out my site at

45. 76
    Scott
    January 23rd, 2008 at 1:52 am

We offer a variety of service to help promote and expand you home based business. We have over 10 years of experience with work at home mothers and fathers looking to get the word out about their particular business. Whether it be SEO, Google adsense, email marketing or any type of website marketing, we can help. We deliver on every promise we make.

No matter what type of business you run or what kind of service you offer we can help. It is as simple as getting a quote and letting us do the rest. Your business is important to you and it is also important to us. We work by a different philosophy in which we believe we will receive what we give. So we are motivated to give the most service in hopes of having return business. So far we have succeeded with every project we have taken on.

46. 77
    property sale
    February 5th, 2008 at 7:01 pm

There are always pros and cons but for some like myself there is no other acceptable option. I have worked for too amny jerks and idiots and that is my biggest motivator to go into biz for myself.

47. 78
    CashJuke
    February 10th, 2008 at 1:28 am

That was an interesting read and really shows the good and bad sides of working from home. Thank you! :)

48. 79
    Samuel
    February 13th, 2008 at 2:35 am

One of my problems was motivation and distractions. Well those are actually two problems. Motivation because like you said, if your living by yourself, your isolated from everything. There’s no one around to push you. I cure this by leaving the house and working out of a coffee shop or Borders Bookstore.

Distractions kill me because I have to answer the phone to talk to clients. Check email for updates. It’s hard to be productive with all that going on around you. What I started doing to cure that was to turn everything off (cell phones, Instant Messenger, etc) I check email twice a day. Then I meditate to help me focus on what I should be doing to get to the next level. A friend introduced me to the meditating. I thought it was hocus-pocus at first, but it really does help me organize my thoughts and put things into perspective.

Thanks for writing this article. It was very informative and helpful. You really do have a grasp of what it’s like to work for yourself from home.

Regards,

Samuel
    Fire Your Boss

49. 80
    Las Vegas Homes Guy
    February 14th, 2008 at 12:00 am

I hit Sam hit the nail on the head. Not everyone can be self motivating, and that’s a huge thing when you are your own boss. That combined with lack of proper planning spells disaster.

50. 81
    Brian
    February 24th, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Hi Andrew. I have been in Education for a few years myself. I taught for a while and now work in advising at a school. I am very much interested in learning more about starting my own business in perhaps relation to something in Education. Do you have any thoughts?

51. 82
    Tessa
    February 27th, 2008 at 9:56 pm

Hi. I think I’ve gone past the stage of asking myself if I ‘should’ start a home business. All I know is that I’m not cut out for desk jobs (took a long time for me to accept that) and I’m willing to try an alternative.

I think it might also be an age thing. I’m in my 30′s and I guess I wanna go for things I want more, earn money doing the things I love doing. I want to start LIVING for a change.

52. 83
    ClickBank Profit Machine
    March 3rd, 2008 at 10:16 am

Working at home can be very profitable, especially when you sell clickbank products with good commissions. Just find something that makes you money and keep expanding on it until you reach your goal.

53. 84
    March 3rd, 2008 at 8:55 pm

@Tessa – take one step at a time and you’ll get there!

54. 85
    Home business Forum
    March 4th, 2008 at 1:30 am

Amazing blog bro,

I’ve just re-opened my home business forum and will have to share this site with my members.

The best way I’ve found to make money online is to use LOADS of different methods IE, clickbank, eBay, etc.

55. 86
    Serious-Home-Based-Business
    March 4th, 2008 at 2:27 pm

With all the home business deductions and tax write offs, EVERYONE needs a home based business.

56. 87
    Kharkov
    March 6th, 2008 at 6:29 am

Tnank You for your article. This is very interesting. I waiting for Your next publication. A spacially thank for some helpful business planning resources.

57. 88
    Oregon Retirement Community
    March 8th, 2008 at 9:56 pm

Nice post! I tried the at home thing for a while and seriously underestimated the self motivation requirement. IE, at work, in an office environment I find it much easier to get down to business and get stuff done. However, now that I am in an office I find that working at home just a day or two out of the week is a different story. Interspersed infrequently like that I can carry over the momentum from the office and feel that the quiet of the home environment helps me get more done. So a blend works best for me. I imagine it varies by industry and personality type – doing creative work for a retirement community which is what I do, may be much different than doing a more repetitive task in financial company say.

Thanks for the post!

58. 90
    Kids
    March 12th, 2008 at 11:47 am

59. 91
    auto
    March 16th, 2008 at 6:43 am

60. 92
    All Comedy Club
    March 16th, 2008 at 7:39 am

Thanks a lot! Very useful for the beginner!

Regards,
    Edward

61. 93
    Ogorod
    March 16th, 2008 at 6:42 pm

62. 94
    car lease gal
    March 17th, 2008 at 1:14 am

Thank you very much for this list. Working at home is not as easy as it sounds. The downfall or success of your business is up to you. It is both challenging and daunting and it takes a lot of work.

63. 95
    XLOR
    March 24th, 2008 at 5:46 am

No Boss and No More Office Politics – Yes, yes, yes. I think it is the main idea of working at home for me!

64. 96
    Ildar Abdulin
    March 26th, 2008 at 12:17 pm

You write right things — working at home has both of pros and cons…. so people need to think twice before starting a home bussiness

65. 97
    Eugene
    March 31st, 2008 at 6:48 pm

No boss is good, but to work at home (successfully) you have to be a very motivated person.
    This is not for everyone.

66. 98
    Download Infoproducts
    March 31st, 2008 at 8:00 pm

You need to be able to eliminate interruptions and distractions. I turn off the cell phone and check email once a day. It’s the only way I will be productive.

67. 99
    Tony
    April 6th, 2008 at 11:50 am

Working from home is never been easier now with the internet so easily available.

68. 100
    Ong
    April 6th, 2008 at 11:56 am

Working from home is the best that one can ask for

69. 101
    Sergey
    April 12th, 2008 at 2:11 am

I’m working without boss for 2 years, it is very very good. Nobody bothers your every day.

70. 102
    Alex
    April 12th, 2008 at 10:14 am

71. 103
    Victor
    April 12th, 2008 at 11:21 am

IMHO, working at home nowadays is one of the best ways to get more money working less and getting more pleasure.

72. 104
    Thanks
    April 12th, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Thanks a lot! Very useful for the beginner!

73. 105
    Krystine the work at home expert
    April 14th, 2008 at 11:32 am

Hi there, Thanks for the post. A couple of things that work well for me to keep focused on the home job at hand is to:

1) I spend about an hour per day first thing and pick up the house, dishes,laundry ect.

2) I make sure that kids are in school, hubby off to work, ect. I need a quiet time and place to work. I know this part is tough so I pick and choose my hours to work around their schedule so I can have quiet time on the computer to work. Those are my hours to earn an income. It works for me.

Thanks for your helpful tips too!

74. 106
    Social Shopping Early Adopter
    April 17th, 2008 at 6:26 am

First of all thanks for great article! Bookmarked. And sent to some of my friends

It is very descriptive.
    Yep, there is a lot of pros and cons to work at home.

From 1st point of view it seems you are free, but with time you come down as you have much less conversations, meetings, etc.

The best thing is to have really well set up business :-)

75. 107
    Home Biz Ideas for Moms
    April 20th, 2008 at 4:47 pm

Your article is all very true!

Many people picture a home business as a life of leisure. If you have a SUCCESSFUL business (or want to build one), you cannot get sucked into the idea that you don’t have to do a LOT of hard work. Just the opposite is true! You may be your own boss, but you had better be a very good motivator …OF YOU!

76. 108
    Tory Burch
    April 23rd, 2008 at 12:51 am

Hi again, this is exactly the boat I am in right now. You had me at point #1. I need to get myself to the library or coffee shop to be productive at all. The nearby fridge, pajamas, and TV are all killing my productivity at home.

77. 109
    April 25th, 2008 at 4:22 pm

@Tory -wishing you luck!

78. 111
    Virtual Office
    May 29th, 2008 at 1:11 pm

A great article! There will always be advantages and disadvantages when you work from home. You just have to determine which one weighs up more.
    Are you better off working from home? Are you the type of person to get easily distracted?
    The money you save by working from home can by astronomical, and if you still want that professional business presence, you can always take up a nice virtual office.

79. 112
    Loskas
    June 5th, 2008 at 6:18 am

I have a day-job, but I do small freelancering jobs online from home on my free time. It’s not that fun. =P

80. 113
    Las Vegas Real Estate Agent
    June 25th, 2008 at 4:01 am

Since the advent of computers, so many of us who are sales people have forsaken the office environment to work out of the home. My experience has been that the only successful home based workers are the ones that are exceptionally self disciplined. Since there is no “boss” standing over you, you really do have to impose a set schedule and not allow the routine to be “corrupted” by friends and family especially. Unfortunately they think because you work from home that your schedule IS totally flexible and they can actually become angry if you tell them you have to work. For some reason this is an acceptable excuse if you have to go into an office, but when you work from home, they are more apt to take it as “work is more important than I am.” It’s tougher than most people think to do successfully!

81. 114
    SnoreDee
    July 8th, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Compelling article. Thanks for taking the time to really lay out pro’s and con’s. I’ve been working with a goal of full time work at home status, and some days feel like it’s not worth the effort. It is posts like this that lift my spirits, and drive me to keep on working towards my goal.

82. 115
    July 9th, 2008 at 8:29 pm

@SnoreDee – thanks for your comment!

83. 116
    July 11th, 2008 at 4:57 pm

@Las Vegas – I read recently that it is smart to actually lock your door and explain to friends and family that during business hours you want them to contact you via telephone or email, the same way that they would have to do it if you worked in an office.

My only problem with that is that my office is in the dining room!! :)

84. 117
    Mazila
    July 12th, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Noneed to rent an office around the corner!

85. 118
    July 17th, 2008 at 9:46 pm

@Mazila – good for you! Wish I had a garage to convert! As it is, I’m stuck in the only available space: my dining room! :)

86. 120
    Abdominoplasty New Jersey
    July 23rd, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Good article…I thought you did a great job balancing the pros with the cons. No matter how you break it down, I think it is better to work for yourself.

87. 121
    Online Flash Gamer
    July 28th, 2008 at 2:03 am

First of all, thanks for great article. It is definitely good.

Recently I also began to think about leaving my job and start home business. I should say that my position is rather high – marketing executive of IT company… But I would like to do smth for my soul :-). So your post is very actual today.

Thanks.

88. 123
    All About Network Marketing
    August 9th, 2008 at 1:44 am

If you have good knowledge about Internet Marketing. It’s best to try it. Howver make sure to read some tips and guidelines before starting your online business.

89. 124
    The Real Deal with Network Marketing
    August 9th, 2008 at 2:17 am

If your not happy with your current job. I don’t see a reason why you should’nt try a home based business.

90. 125
    Public Marriage Records
    August 11th, 2008 at 7:31 pm

You are very helpful and write tremendously thorough and detailed articles. Thanks a bunch!

91. 127
    Mike
    August 17th, 2008 at 2:25 pm

I like the part about working in your pj’s
    ——–
    Business Profilers Handbook

92. 128
    Mike
    August 17th, 2008 at 2:32 pm

It’s definitely allot of hard work I’ll give you that. Thanks for sharing.
    ——–
    Business Profilers Handbook

93. 129
    Free PSP Game Downloads
    August 17th, 2008 at 11:49 pm

I think its good to start the home business while still at work, so you can continue to ear a living while trying to establish your business. It’s not all fun and games, but it is very reqarding in the end.

94. 130
    Karie
    August 20th, 2008 at 8:42 pm

Understanding the pros and cons of starting your own business is definitely one of the steps one must take before ever making a serious committment to follow through with the dream. You make some outstanding points. I especially like #7. We all want to work less and make more($). The reality check is to believe the truth. Becoming successful and profitable takes hard and honest work.

95. 131
    Bath accessories
    August 22nd, 2008 at 3:50 am

What a title is it. . wow!!!!! such a long one but didn’t get bored while reading this. .

96. 133
    Hair Girl
    August 27th, 2008 at 5:27 pm

As someone who has worked from home her entire life I was sure I could find flaws in your article. Well, you covered everything!

I could add, however, in my case is that even in my pajamas, I know I work harder than I would EVER work for someone else!!

97. 134
    Plus size Gowns
    September 6th, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Owning a home business, I can relate to all of these points. You have to overcome all of them. Particularly is the ‘way you dress affects how you work’ is very true. Distractions, and having to make up time. My home business didnt start making a profit for 2 years! Keep working at it!

J
    Plus size Gowns

98. 135
    Lawrence
    September 8th, 2008 at 12:49 pm

It’s true that making a success of an online venture requires hard work. Along with that is keeping focus and not getting distracted by all the great offers flying around, and the e-mail inbox full with messages from all the newsletter subscribed to.

99. 136
    Samantha
    September 11th, 2008 at 10:58 pm

This is really great info! It’s great to hear about the pro’s and the con’s- and it’s important to always get both sides of the story. There are lots of great and fulfilling home-based opportunities out there. I recommend finding something that you have a true passion for. When you’re doing something that you love it is easier to motivate and not get distracted….and make money!

100. 137
    Jade
    September 22nd, 2008 at 1:05 pm

yes there are pros and cons but if you are self motivated and good at being your own boss DO IT!

At the end of the day you are working for you. not a boss that uses psychology to make you feel inadequate so he can continue to use your skills to make him money and at the drop of a dime may someday lay you off.

At least when you work for yourself you are doing it for you!

I did it and yes clients have lots of needs but you set the rules and you control what and how you deal with it. You may need to toughen up and learn how to do this, but I encourage everyone to be FREE!

101. 138
    Start with freelance writing
    September 25th, 2008 at 4:30 pm

Good and Impressive article.To me,starting with freelance writing always has been a good idea for the new people to online business.
    And,Here are the best opportunities to turn your writing skills into cash. They companies listed here create a market place for your writing and offer lifetime royalties for your creative work. If you have a creative flair, if you have a unique ability to express yourself and after all, if you are hard working, I can bet that you are going to make a difference.

102. 139
    David
    September 26th, 2008 at 8:03 am

In my mind, working at home has a lot of advantages which usual job can’t give us: for example, there’s more freedom and pleasure, as you are free to choose what to do and when.

103. 140
    How To Lose Man Boobs
    September 30th, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Great job listing all the pros and cons! We usually only get one side of the story. Great read!

104. 141
    October 2nd, 2008 at 6:25 pm

@Plus Size Gowns – good for your! Thanks for sharing!

105. 142
    RajD
    October 4th, 2008 at 2:25 pm

Hey Folks, good to see some great comments here.

I would stress upon the importance of time management in determining your success in home business. People often falter here and take their home business very casually. Your home business actually need your full commitment towards what ever time time you have decided to give to it.
    I read this article on a site which actually touched every feasible point related to Home business.You can this article at http://businesstomato.com/content/view/56/1/1/1/#josc4. Great Article….

Consistent inputs will help you get your dreams.

106. 143
    Answering Service
    October 15th, 2008 at 11:57 am

The good thing about starting a business from home is that if you want a really professional approach when it comes to telephone calls and answering machines there are many companies who offer professional answering services at reasonably cheap prices. This will give the company a much more professional appearance when clients or potential clients call

107. 144
    joseph cotroneo
    October 19th, 2008 at 8:23 am

I think that you clearly outline the pro’s and con’s of operating a home baed business. For me it is definitely the Time Freedom of being able to work when I want and also where I want.
    I started my own blog about Internet Based Marketing which has some information to help the home based business person.

108. 145
    Online Passive Income
    November 3rd, 2008 at 2:22 am

It’s good that you decided to list both pros and cons of this subject. Most bloggers seem to lean towards only one but you have chosen to take it from both angles.

Nice work and very informative!

Thanks.

109. 146
    Nessa
    November 27th, 2008 at 5:45 pm

I’ve just been sitting around waiting for something to happen.,

110. 147
    Email Marketing Solutions Made Easy
    November 29th, 2008 at 9:03 am

This is a great post for someone just starting out.

At least they do know what to expect..instead of jumping right into the Ocean of Internet Marketing.

If you are new, do read up this post as it will help you make a better decision ;-)

To Everyone’s Success
    Lee Chin

111. 148
    Stefan
    December 2nd, 2008 at 6:17 pm

I love the idea of starting my own home based business, no one to tell me when i have to come into work, no one to tell me when i can take my lunch. You have to work more, thats ture, but you reap all the benefits of your work. With the internet now, it has become even easier to start working from home. Personally, i’m a student and I work from home. Its not really a business yet, but hopefully one day soon it will be!!

112. 149
    John Mills
    December 4th, 2008 at 7:17 am

Nice article, I would agree with a previous poster, that that after setting up an answering service that uses real people to answer the phone, the credibility of my business has gone up a lot. Customers often ring to check that we are real. Choosing an answering service that allows you to update your status on the fly from a mobile etc really gives you credibility but does not tie you to the desk.

113. 150
    Marjohn
    December 5th, 2008 at 11:29 am

There are more benefits can be gained in working at home rather than working in an establishment. We are not forced to work by giving such time and we can still work with it anywhere. Time for our family is not complicated compared to our time when we are working out from home. So, we still have to enjoy working with our own and earn money by our own.

——–
    Marjohn
    We are happy!

114. 151
    Janice
    December 17th, 2008 at 3:24 am

Thanks for sharing the insights. It is really not easy to be working from home. You need to be really disciplined! But of course, the perks of having no boss to report to and the freedom is simply divine!

115. 155
    Franck Silvestre
    May 6th, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Indeed there are lots of pros and cons in starting a work at home business. It does sound nice to be your own boss but the truth is that it’s not as easy as it sounds. It depends on your own attitude, self belief and the desire to succeed. But having your own home business does give you a lot of flexibility as well as re-discover your own talents which may have been sorely missed at your old desk job.

116. 156
    Andrew
    May 9th, 2009 at 2:53 am

I agree with the article, but I have something to add: to be succesfull in your home business, you have to have good will and be very selforganised.

117. 157
    May 16th, 2009 at 2:21 pm

@Frank – thank you for your comment! I think you are right!

118. 158
    Michelle1976
    June 26th, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Not everyone is cut out for starting their own work at home business. You have to be disciplined and you also have to be entrepreneurial. Not everyone has those characteristics and would likely fail miserably if missing either one. You also need to know how to advertise. There are several free advertising methods to employ such as article marketing, forum marketing, and video marketing at commercial friendly sites like
    Adwido.

119. 159
    Virtual Office
    August 6th, 2009 at 9:30 pm

What a terrific article. Usually, the argument is one sided for working at home but what people don’t realize is that working for yourself at home usually means more work to do.. at least in the short term!

120. 160
    August 8th, 2009 at 7:56 pm

@Virtual – thanks for the kind words! Hope to see you here again!

121. 161
    Julian Bradder
    August 17th, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Working from home requires discipline as you describe but as long as you can keep that discipline and keep up communications with the outside world, it is for me at least a far better way of working.

122. 162
    Morren
    December 1st, 2009 at 5:33 am

Great post,you explained every thing about the work from home.this will be useful to some members who are looking for this…….

123. 163
    Working Online From Home
    December 18th, 2009 at 7:52 pm

After working from home for the last three years and not realizing everything that goes into working from home when I first got started really brings this article into life.

124. 165
    iphone development
    January 2nd, 2010 at 3:16 am

Great information about the work at home business.and really many thinks i not to know so your post is very useful for me..

Thanks.

125. 168
    Residual Income - Kai
    January 15th, 2010 at 7:06 am

Very informative article

126. 169
    Gene
    January 31st, 2010 at 8:45 pm

I have been working from home for over a year now, and the hardest thing for me to adjust to was being organized and trying to stick with a daily routine. I get up in the morning and pretend that have to get ready to go off to work, then once I’m all showered and ready for the day I go in my office and get right to work.

127. 171
    how to become a fashion designer
    June 7th, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I used to always dream of working from home, but now i think i might just want to get a job… at least that way at 5 pm your work is over and you can relax. with your own business you’re working 24/7.

128. 173
    Virtual Receptionist
    August 12th, 2010 at 3:03 am

Working at home can be profitable if you what you are doing, plan every step you make.

129. 174
    Receptionist Work
    September 21st, 2010 at 11:27 am

Working online from home is the ultimate dream of a father and a mother. To be with their children is an option nobody can bargain. I am looking for opportunity like these.

130. 175
    Social Advertising
    October 8th, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Social networking and adverting is being taken to new heights with a host of new web 3.0 Sites. My most recent find is microjob where you can post or perform micro tasks in a social environment. You basicly get paid to do things you already do everyday. No fee to join and $5 to try out their services, you cant go wrong.

131. 176
    Mr Kleeneze
    October 27th, 2010 at 9:02 am

I have been working from home for the last 5 years and you have hit the nail on the head with the pros and cons of all 10 tips. All bar point #2, No Boss: Everyone has a boss even working from home. You are your own boss and would you employ yourself. There have been times in the last 5 yrs that I would have sacked myself due to poor productivity. Not to mention as a direct selling agent you have the company you represent keeping tabs on you and you can lose your home business if you go against the contract that you sign.

132. 177
    Jen T
    November 3rd, 2010 at 1:43 am

I was surprised when I read this article to discover that it was posted a little over three ears ago because I have found that the pros and cons still ring true today.
    These are truly some great ideas to reflect on before, during, and after you decide to work at home.

133. 178
    Rebecca Nadine Davies
    December 8th, 2010 at 5:30 am

I wanted to comment on the smart financial business plan. This is key!!! I will say it again…this is key!! Its so important to take this business advice seriously and make sure you plan your finances. Someone once gave me a tip to pay for an accountant for 1 day a month, just to make sure everything is in order and I never looked back. Then you can focus on your business without as much stress!

134. 179
    AgentSully
    December 19th, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Gene – sorry for the late reply – sounds like a good practice. I find that doing that gets me in the right frame of mind. I think others working from home could benefit from that. Working in your pj’s is overrated!

135. 180
    AgentSully
    December 28th, 2010 at 8:16 pm

- Mr. Keeneze – good points. Thank you for sharing!

136. 181
    Jon
    February 26th, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Hard work and long hours! WOW I miss 8 hour days but its good trade off lol. nice post thanks

137. 184
    Grace
    April 27th, 2011 at 3:11 am

Working at home is a really big dream come true. You wont have to worry about any boss. You will be in charge. You’ll make all the decisions in your business. The only little problem i see as a work at home worker is that there are too many distractions and if you are not a very disciplined person most of the jobs will be left undone.

138. 185
    Mendel Keely
    August 1st, 2011 at 4:13 am

I am a freelancer and this article gives ideas to me. It is better to work on office because there you can develop many things like social life and experiencing office works. like me in my business roofing in Las Vegas. I learned a lot of experience in working with other people.

139. 186
    Patio Furniture
    October 5th, 2011 at 11:11 pm

I am currently undergoing both. Working in the office, and also works at home running your own business. If my business was established, I may leave my office job.

140. 187
    destin florida
    November 23rd, 2011 at 3:50 am

I just want to stress out that working at home has a lot of distractions. The phone, your family and friends, even your desktop could be a distraction if you don’t have self control. What i usually do to avoid these distractions is to schedule my day ahead. This helps me to achieve my daily task and achieve my goals.

141. 188
    Trabalho
    April 19th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Yes, I would say start your own work at home business. It can be your extra money in the begning, BUT In time it will become your main way of living.

142. 193
    Josh
    February 4th, 2013 at 11:46 pm

143. 194
    AgentSully
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:40 pm

@Josh – so right you are!

144. 196
    Rick
    May 26th, 2013 at 10:30 am

While you say legitmate do you mean creditable without a doubt but finding them is the challenge. The web dives so big so fast jut having the ability to look for a work at internet business may be a real headache.

I done my research and have now discovered that it is feasible to earn good money online but were do you start and just how do you really keep from getting scammed

Trackbacks

1. “Should You Start Your Own Work at Home Business?” - WeedSenseâ„¢
  2. neymo.net
  3. Lindgreen » Pro og kontra ved at være selvstændig
  4. Pros and cons of working at home « Bayram Annakov
  5. Should I Work From Home? - lifehack.org
  6. Writers Revealed » Blog Archive » Michelle Goodman's Business Plan Do's and Don'ts
  7. Bootstrapper » Get a Job or Work at Home?
  8. Home Office Productivity - A Shoe-in » RevenueToday
  9. FrankFullard.com » Issues to consider if you are thinking about starting a business
  10. links for 2007-07-21 « Simply… A User
  11. The Inspired Solo » 7 Days of Inspiration - Week Ending 7/21/07
  12. Reader Tips: 22 July 2007
  13. ramin keene » links…
  14. Small Business Essentials: News, Tips and Advice
  15. Hit the Shuffle Button - lifehack.org
  16. Jelly & Cream Cheese « Perfectly Reasonable Deviations
  17. Interactive Ideas Links for 26/07/07 «
  18. green and ethical startups » Blog Archive » Who wants to work in their pjs?
  19. How to Be a Great Salesperson
  20. Opportunity Overload - lifehack.org
  21. Opportunity Overload
  22. Are desiring to start your own Work @ Home Business (WHB)?…. | Lanre: Ministering to Men’s Needs in a Peculiar Way
  23. Welcome to the Carnival of the Capitalists for July 30th, 2007
  24. First rule of Marketingeasy Club is - you do not talk about Marketingeasy Club. « Marketingeasy’s Weblog
  25. Working Parent Survival Tips - Part 2 - eMoms at Home - The Internet Home Business Blog for Moms & Dads
  26. The Secret to a Healthy Body - lifehack.org
  27. Are you desiring to start your own Work @ Home Business (WAHB)?….
  28. Solutions for 10 MORE Annoying Modern Day Problems - lifehack.org
  29. My Weight Loss Team « High Energy Life Plan
  30. » Carnival of the Capitalists » Small Business Essentials » News, Tips and Advice
  31. Kolz Blog » Blog Archive » If You Want to Change Your Life, Change Your Thoughts
  32. Telecommuting Jobs. 11 Years building the Work at Home Workforce. : HomeBasedBusinessOpportunitiesFromHome.com
  33. » Guest Post: Simple Tips to Get the Edge in Business, Barry Moltz
  34. My Work At Home Team « My Weblog
  35. My Work At Home Team
  36. Being Treated Like A Number and Not A Human Being? « Cruise Planners Weekly News
  37. My Work at Home Links « Changemaker Links
  38. Blogs And Tips For Home Business! | Home Business Is a Whole New World!
  39. Work at Home Directory From A-Z
  40. Work at Home Directory From A-Z « Finding the Work of Your Dreams
  41. Work at Home Links
  42. Work From Home Challenges | The Home Business Archive
  43. Entreprendre à la maison ? | Pierre-Olivier Carles
  44. My Work-At-Home Team « Relax Into Enjoying Your Life
  45. Work at Home Directory From A-Z
  46. Work at Home Directory From A-Z « A Coral Cay Blog for Selling
  47. Work at Home Directory From A-Z « Personality Base
  48. Do the Most Important Thing First | Life Learning Today
  49. How to Start Working From Home - Live Well With Mel
  50. How To Start Working From Home - And It's Not Office Supplies « Work Well With MelWork Well With Mel
  51. Opportunity Overload
  52. Work From Home A-Z Links Directory | Emotional Sobriety: Friends & Lovers

I want to hear what YOU have to say!

blank