How To: Your Content in PocketMod Format!

pocketmod

What is a PocketMod?

If you haven’t already heard of them, PocketMods are an origami-like 8 page mini booklet that is constructed by folding 1 sheet of paper. PocketMod was developed to be a customizable calendar, todo list, and more that you can carry in your purse or pocket. Click here to see their cool free online customization tool. Now they also offer the free PocketMod Converter which will convert any 8 page PDF document into a one page PocketMod format ready for printing and folding.

This guide will show you how to create your own mini booklet with your own content whether that be text, photos or graphics.

Offer Your Content in PocketMod Format

Click over to some of the PocketMods I’ve created to get an example how you could use this booklet format.

Some ideas that would make great PocketMods:

• Blog posts
  • How to manuals
  • Guides
  • Photos
  • Motivational information
  • Reference information: i.e. calories, daily checklists, etc.

How to Convert Word Document to PocketMod Format

1. Create your Word Document. Needs to be 8 pages, of which any number can be blank.
2. Text Size: Arial size 24 or larger works best.
3. Insert pictures if desired.
4. Convert Word document to PDF. I use this free online PDF converter service which emails the PDF to you.
5. Save PDF file to your computer.
6. Download PocketMod Converter.
7. Open PocketMod Converter.
8. Click “Open PDF” and open your PDF file you just saved.
9. Choose “Output Page Size” from the dropdown menu on the converter. The default is letter size.
10. Click “Save as PocketMod.”
11. Name and save the file.

Printing and Sharing

Now you’re ready to:

12. Print and Fold. Click on “Learn to Fold the PocketMod” link on the converter for instructions.
13. Sharing: Upload to a file sharing host. I use MediaFire which is free and allows me to track the number of downloads on each file they host for me.
14. Post link to your website, blog or share via email with friends.

Enjoy!

Click Here to Download These Instructions in PocketMod Format!

Please share links to the PocketMods you create here in the comments! All comments big and small are very welcomed!

If you found this post valuable, please SHARE THIS below with a Stumble or Delicious bookmark. Votes are always appreciated!

If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or make a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to How To: Your Content in PocketMod Format!

1. Cucirca July 12, 2007 at 3:28 am #

Thanks for the tips.
    Maybe I can use one on my upcoming exams 🙂

2. Web Urbanist July 12, 2007 at 7:01 am #

Fascinating – I had never even thought about doing this (nor did I know anything about it) before. Thanks for the info1

3. website copywriter July 12, 2007 at 1:03 pm #

This is perfect, just what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

4. Alan July 13, 2007 at 12:31 pm #

Cucirca beat me to it… exams were the first thing that came to my mind when reading this.

5. agentsully July 13, 2007 at 7:29 pm #

Cucirca & Alan – that’s funny. Maybe I should have a disclaimer on the post, saying “I can’t be held responsible if you get caught cheating!” 🙂

Web Urbanist – glad you liked it!

Web Copywriter – thanks for visiting again.

6. MB Web Design July 23, 2007 at 3:45 pm #

What a fun idea, how do you come up with this stuff?! Thanks

7. agentsully July 24, 2007 at 11:26 pm #

Hi MB, Thanks. I have several blogs that I read and they often take me on journeys to other blogs through the commenters. And this leads me to some cool golden nuggets! Glad you like them too!

8. ru4real August 16, 2007 at 10:16 pm #

I love Pocket Mods! I am currently in the process of creating a series of them as Easy-to-Print Chronological Bible Reading Guides. I find their size to be super handy, and they are a very efficient use of paper space. I didn’t know about the online PDF converter service. Thanks for mentioning it. I’ll have to check that out next time.

9. agentsully August 17, 2007 at 11:41 am #

RU4Real – thanks!

10. johnrobin February 23, 2008 at 12:32 pm #

I used to make this with ms word only. a bit time-wasting since i have to arrange page by page. Better to use this format for quick references, not for cheating on exams except it’s open-book exam 🙂

11. Origami April 12, 2008 at 10:37 pm #

thanks, this seems really usefull. Origami / paperfolding can be very useful for many things.

12. Copywriter June 13, 2008 at 8:53 pm #

I’m a copywriter and this little trick will come in handy for me for projects and deadlines.

Great tool. Thanks.

13. agentsully (@agentsully) October 24, 2016 at 4:23 pm #

How To: Your Content in PocketMod Format! https://t.co/w2l6DYW0jd https://t.co/wSLMseLXJq