Life Is Good: Motivational Quotes

Life Is Good: Motivational Quotes

happy face

Here are some great quotes that give me motivation, direction, and inspiration.

1. “Do, or do not. There is no try.” This quote by Yoda, from Star Wars, always plays in my mind when I say “I’ll try.” It reminds me to ask myself if I am committed to doing something or not. If I’m not, then I shouldn’t say I’ll try. If it is something I want to do, then I should commit all the way and say “I will do that” not “I’ll try.”

2. “And the Greatest of These is Love” – St. Paul. When crises in life arise, what is truly important in life quickly boils down to the love of family and friends. The hardest part of life is trying to remember this during the good times, when we spend all our energy adding complexity to our lives. Sometimes God or the Universe sends us a challenge in life to remind us of this.

3. “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” -Benjamin Franklin. This quote reminds me to make the most of my time. I’m constantly trying to sweep away the excess distractions that creep into my life daily, and stay focused on the main things I want to do with my life. It’s not easy, but by staying focused on this, I live a more purposeful life than if I didn’t.

4. “Know Thyself.” – Socrates. I find that when I analyze my challenges through reflection, writing, or discussing with friends, I come to an understanding that allows me to work on my weaknesses and blind spots. The personal growth that stems from this helps me keep from making the same mistakes as often. And hopefully it allows me to have a more positive impact on those around me.

5. “Imagination Rules the World” – Einstein. I love creativity. I love art of all kinds. Creation is difficult work, and at the same time it is one of the most rewarding kinds of work. I like this quote because it reminds me that life is not only about the practical. Life is also about the daydream. Our imagination fuels our dreams and our dreams fuel what our life becomes. I need to remember this more.

6. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt. Every time I do something that I am afraid to do, I have grown in my confidence. Most often my fear is unfounded. When I’m planning my projects and goals, I will ask myself “What could I do to make this more successful, beyond what I originally thought? Why haven’t I thought of this before? Is there something I’m afraid to do? Why?’ What are you afraid to do right now? What’s holding you back from trying?

7. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.â€? – Maya Angelou. This one says it all. I need to pay attention that when I’m with my son, family, or friends that I really give them my full attention and not allow my distracted mind to be thinking of work.

8. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” -Thomas Edison. In my experience, hard work leads to happiness. Of course it must be balanced by play, quiet time, and celebration too. When you’re not engaged in work you love, there’s a tendency to feel lethargic, bored, unfulfilled, etc. If you feel this way, for a long term solution consider finding work you really love. For a short term solution to lethargy, consider doing some physical work. Nothing feels better than after doing some hard physical work.

9. “Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”-Horace. Life does move fast. The point is not to dwell on the speed of life, but rather to live in this moment right now. It’s all we really have. Enjoy today!

10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?

If you found this post valuable, please SHARE THIS below with a Stumble or Delicious bookmark. Votes are always appreciated!

If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or make a purchase at Amazon through one of my links. Thank you!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

, , , , ,

33 Responses to Life Is Good: Motivational Quotes

1. Emily July 6, 2007 at 5:40 pm #

These are all so great, I can’t think of any to add right now. Thanks for lifting me out of my afternoon slump!

2. Nath July 7, 2007 at 4:38 am #

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world” – reminds me we all live in a universe we create

3. kevin July 8, 2007 at 1:39 pm #

Of course Yoda should lead the way.

4. Dave July 9, 2007 at 1:39 am #

These are great quotes. Thanks for sharing it and giving us the inspiration and motivation we need to continue our tasks.

5. Mat : bargain sites for Australians July 9, 2007 at 9:39 pm #

Great quotes!

I had never heard the Einstein one, that one was very interesting

Re: the Maya Angelou quote it’s so true isn’t it. I often can only remember an event by recalling how I felt after it happened

Nice work

6. Helen July 9, 2007 at 9:59 pm #

Thanks for sharing these motivational quotes. Some of them gave me back those moments which I’ve always enjoyed until I lost the motivation to continue.

7. The Old Vic July 10, 2007 at 9:05 am #

Love the Thomas Edison quote – I even put it up on my own blog – one other favourite quote I have – supposedly said by Polish fathers to their sons as they set off to seek fame and fortune :- “Son, if you ever need a helping hand,you’ll find one at the end of your arm.! (lol)

8. kreah craze July 12, 2007 at 1:44 pm #

This one is so timely. I am in a mood now to read quotations. I am following Socrates’ advice and Maya’s too.

Here is one of my favorite quotations.\

Change occurs when the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of changing.

Unfortunately, I do not know the author.

9. agentsully July 13, 2007 at 7:34 pm #

Thank you everyone for your additions and comments! I hope to see you all again soon!

10. zaki blogjer July 13, 2007 at 10:03 pm #

I like this quote from my wife, not sure who did it –
    “If we are 2 achieve, we must look for the opportunity in every difficulty instead of the difficulty in every opportunity”

11. Marisa July 29, 2007 at 11:13 pm #

Just found your site and I’m loving it! Not sure where this quote originated but I’ve had it in my list of favorites for a while.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

12. Be a Life Coach April 29, 2008 at 7:51 am #

Yeahyou can’t go wrong with a classic like socrates.

13. agentsully April 30, 2008 at 3:59 pm #

@Life Coach – true! thanks for commenting!

14. Gafas de Sol June 3, 2008 at 12:45 am #

its a great contribution to the prevailing state of mind of common man. You have given reasons to live and purpose to serve, its really very motivational article. You are doing graet work.

15. agentsully June 7, 2008 at 11:10 pm #

@Gafas de Sol – thank you kindly for your encouragement! Which was your favorite?

16. Jeff February 7, 2009 at 7:33 am #

From Ron Owens’ biography on Manley Beasley:

“You can have as much of God as you are willing to pay the price for.”

17. Rob March 6, 2009 at 1:09 am #

” Let go and let God” …i have to let go of the things i cannot handle…i usually focus my life on things a bit worrying…but as i grow spritually…i tend to let go of things i cant grasp and put my faith on HIM..i give it to God.

18. jdixon March 29, 2009 at 12:17 am #

“life is good if you wake up and everyone is still breathing.”
    “I didn’t survive cancer to die of stress”
    smile all the time..they will wonder what your hiding.”

• agentsully April 3, 2009 at 2:52 pm #

@Jdixon – those are great ones! Thank you for adding!

19. Tips dan Trik SEO August 31, 2009 at 10:12 pm #

“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” Bill COSBY

This is my favorite quotes

Excellent post…i wanna be ur subcriber…thank u very much 😀

Regards -ALFRED-

• agentsully September 29, 2009 at 6:00 pm #

@Alfred – thanks. I hope you subscribed! 🙂

20. Ugis December 9, 2009 at 3:03 pm #

Here’s one of my favorite –
    “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles Swindoll

Best regards,
    Ugis

• agentsully December 10, 2009 at 10:21 pm #

@Ugis- thanks for that one! That’s a good one!

21. Life Coaching Courses September 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm #

One of my fav quotes whenever I face obstacles and uncertainty:

Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at the distance, but to do what clearly lies at hand. – Thomas Carlyle

• AgentSully October 24, 2010 at 9:05 pm #

Life Coaching – Thanks for sharing your fav quote!

22. Annabel October 22, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

Of all those you shared, Carpe Diem really is a favorite, short, sweet and totally to the point

23. meeeee May 12, 2011 at 5:12 am #

my favorite it :

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

24. Inspirational love quotes March 30, 2013 at 6:03 pm #

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up
    losing many months of hard work due to no backup.
    Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?

• AgentSully June 27, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

@Inspiration – will be writing a post on this soon. Stay tuned and subscribe so you don’t miss it! Thanks for asking!

1. The Inspired Solo » New Series: 7 Days of Inspiration (7/7/07) - July 7, 2007

[…] Learning Today: Motivational (and Inspirational) Quotes – for when you’re feeling less than […]

2. Positive Thinking Lyrics–Unlimited Potential-Consciousness! | Voice In The Dark - October 25, 2010

[…] Life Is Good: Motivational Quotes – Life Is Good: Motivational Quotes. Here are some great quotes that give me motivation, direction, and inspiration. 1. “Do, or do not. There is no try.” This quote by Yoda, from Star Wars, always plays in my mind when I say “I'll try. … […]

3. Start T | www.IronDogFitness.net - January 6, 2012

[…] Life Is Good: Motivational Quotes | Life Learning Today – Life Is Good: Motivational Quotes Here are some great quotes that give me motivation, direction, and inspiration. 1. Do, or do not. There is no try. […]

4. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! | www.IronDogFitness.net - January 12, 2012