Do It Anyway
Life is not easy. But life is beautiful, even when it is difficult. The beauty comes from giving your best. You may have seen these before, but take a look at them anew today. Print them out and put them where you will see them everyday. Wishing you a great day with lots of love and gratitude!
The Paradoxical Commandments
by Dr. Kent M. Keith
1. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
3. If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
4. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
6. The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
7. People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
9. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.
© 1968, 2001 Kent M. Keith
“The Paradoxical Commandments” were written by Kent M. Keith in 1968 as part of a booklet for student leaders.
Do It AnyWay
Mother Theresa Version
This version was reportedly found written on the wall in Mother Teresa’s home for children in Calcutta:
1. People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
2. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
3. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
4. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
5. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
6. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
7. The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
8. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
9. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
Please Share Your Inspiration!
Please share your testimonial for “Do It Anyway.” All comments big and small are very welcomed!
If you found this post valuable, please SHARE THIS below with a Digg, Stumble or Delicious bookmark. Votes are always noticed and always appreciated!
If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or visit Amazon through my â€œBooksâ€? page at the top of this page. Thank you!