Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List

Getting Things Done

Getting Things Done by David Allen details a fantastic system for getting organized, reducing stress and improving your productivity in a world full of To-Do lists that are too long. Another place to find great help daily is over at Zenhabits.net. I like his version: “Zen to Done” for its simplicity. For electronic tools, there are many to choose from. In this post I will provide links to some of the cool online applications available to help you keep track of your Most Important Tasks as well as Contexts, Projects, and more.
Getting Things Done
Paper Tools

Among the tools needed are a good filing system and good system for collecting, processing, and keeping track of your tasks. For many the best GTD system includes both paper and electronic tools. A simple notebook or, if you prefer, a fancy Moleskin is all you need for collection of your thoughts and tasks. For free printable PDF’s for paper calendars, to-do lists and much more check out D.I.Y. Planner, SVG Planner (for index cards), and 43 Folder’s Hipster PDA Wiki. And for the coolest paper based system, take a look at Pocket Mod.

Electronic GTD Applications – Online and Software Downloads

All the applications listed here are free unless otherwise noted. On all of these I give my opinion. If I don’t like one, that doesn’t mean you won’t love it. So explore. They are all good.

Simple To-Do Lists

My To-Do’s - Features – sharing, RSS feeds from friends, chat. Nice looking notebook style. Includes calendar planner, projects, and priority levels for to-dos.

TODOIST - Features: calendar, projects, keyboard shortcuts, gmail integrations, mobile access, quicksilver, iGoogle plugins, more. Wasn’t the one for me, but it is nicely done.

Joe’s Goals - for simple tracking of your gosls and daily notes. Good for your daily and recurring to-do’s.

Ta-Da List - by the BackPack folks (BaseCamp ). I like this one because it is very simple, nice format, easy to use.

Mojo Note – Simple design. similar to Ta-Da List except it has more features such as sharing, linking, date/time due. Free up to 99 notes, lists, reminders. For $5/month you get: – 100 Lists– 100 Notes– 100 Active reminders– Email tech support– Ad-free experience. Lists have check boxes, but tasks don’t which seems weird to me. I like Ta-Da List better.

iPrioritize
– Simple minimalist to do lists. Easy to use. RSS, printing, mobile acccess, and sharing make this attractive. It’s a little slow and you have to enter your curser to make each new entry which is a pain. Can’t see all lists on one page like you can with BackPack (see below). For some people this is a feature they like so that they can’t worry about more than one list at a time. Still worth checking out.

Jotlet - todo list and calendar together. Very nice and simple. Can view by list, day, week or month. Reminders available.

Complete GTD Systems

ToodleDo – This one is very cool. Here are some features: To-Do List, Sharing, Calendar, Scheduler, Goals, Statistics, Learning, Search, Contexts, Import/Export, Connections, Booklet Printer. Some are free (i.e. to-do list & more), some are partially free (you can track life goals, but stats with tasks linked to goals is a paid upgrade) and some are only with the upgrade (such as scheduler). You can sync with Google calendar and more. You should check out this one for sure!

Simple GTD - I like this one a lot because it is simple and at the same time it is flexible.

Thinking Rock - I’ve heard great reviews of this one. I’ve watched the demo’s and it looks very comprehensive. If that is what you are looking for, you should take a look.

Nozbe – Free: limited contexts, projects and file storage. Upgrades cost $2.95/month and up. I haven’t used this much. Backpackit is similar and I like it better. If you want something very complete, you might like this. I tend to like simpler applications.

BackPack - This is one I keep coming back to because it didn’t take a lot of time to figure it out. I can have lists with different names (projects). It has lists, notes, reminders, and “Writeboards” (which can be accessed by multiple users). Calendar feature is a paid upgrade feature, which I don’t need. It has sharing. And you can have multiple pages (5 pages for free), each page with multiple lists, notes, writeboards (2 with free account) etc.

Foldera - “Foldera is a free and intuitive filing system of web-based folders that automatically organizes your work WHILE you work.” In Beta, aimed at teams. Has folders, file sharing, IM, task manager, email, calendar and more.

Stikkit – “little yellow notes that think” talk to the productivity applications you already use, as well as to friends, coworkers and family, giving you a universal remote for your life.” Not for me because it was a little too much work.

EverNote
– more than just GTD, it aims to have all your info easily at your fingertips including files, images, webclips (RSS), email, documents, sketches, to-do. You need to download this application. Seems like a computer within your computer and the benefit is that you can sync with other computers to “carry” all your “notes” on everything with you. Neat idea. I personally don’t need it, but it looks very cool.

Tasks - this is by Alex King. It is $29.95. The cool thing about this online application is that it can sync with your PDA to bring it with you. And it has a free 21 day trial to see if you like it.

Tasks Jr - free earlier version of Tasks. Here’s the feature comparison chart to see which one is best for you.

GMail GTD – this is a Firefox extension that turns your Gmail into a GTD application. I haven’t used it but I’ve read that people like it. If you love Gmail, this might be the thing for you.

Tracks - nice complete package, uses colors for organizing projects etc. It was more than I needed.

Free Mind - this is a mind mapping software that is free and opensource. It can be used for many things including as a task management system. I haven’t used it this way, but I’ve seen it done. It is worth having for any creative projects you need to think through.

GTD TiddlyWiki Plus – this one looks very cool, but I haven’t had time to really experiment with it too much. You save it on your own computer – client side application.

D3 - another wiki based system. I think this is for real techies. Correct me if I’m wrong. It looks way cool, but more complicated than I have time for.

TiddlySpot – using this “plain” wiki it is a neat tool for having an online journal that is only on your computer, not on the web. But you use this tool in a browser. Of course the uses for this is truly infinite. (This is the plain version of D3 and others that you can choose.)

Neptune - free for 15 day trial. After that it is $10 per year. I’ve checked it out. It’s nice. Not as fast as others. Simple GTD is just as good. But again, you never, know. You might love it.

TaskToy – I like this one too. Can view by Today, Week, or All. It has preset “locations” which are like contexts (home, office, shopping) which doesn’t seem like you can modify. And it has up to 40 projects to which you can color code and assign priority of Low, Med, or High.

Winners – Ones That I Like Best

The ones I use most are: ToodleDo- Ta-Da ListJoe’s Goals -BackPack
The ones I plan to learn more about: TiddlySpotTudumo(see review)

UPDATE: Additional Applications Suggested by Commenters

Jello Dashboard: for use with Outlook
Tudumo- I checked this out. Very nice! Free software download.
IGTD for use with Macs
the upcoming OmniFocus
todo.txt: “For Mac and Linux there is the uber-geeky”
Accomplice
http://shrib.com “no-frills, no-gimmicks scratch paper for the ubiquitous little notes I want to take anywhere and retrieve anywhere else.”
Remember The Milk “offers great list management, smart lists, RSS, and Google Calendar/iCal integration. Plus you can email or IM new tasks.”
iCommit
MyLifeOrganized
Ghost Action “free Mac app, simple, syncs with iCal”
www.vitalist.com
Nexty – “a simple web based GTD tool”
www.paystage.net
Hiveminder
http://www.centraldesktop.com “GTD for business. Tasks lists, online docs and spreadsheets.”
pyGTD seems to be a more techie system.
Greendoc. “Which is a online text processing tool.”
MonkeyGTD “because is a really nice application that permit organize my “next action” paradigm very easy and it’s an online and offline application.”
Gubb. “To mantain lists, like: wish list, films to watch, books to read, list of the purchase,etc. I use ”

Lastly, you can search for folks using Excel templates for GTD.

UPDATE: April 2008 – More GTD applications

http://www.fruitfultime.com – Currently free. Looks very nice.

http://www.gtdagenda.com – online application. Very nice look and layout. Has free, basic, and premium versions. This is definitely worth a look!

UPDATE: June 2008 – More GTD applications

http://www.smarttodolist.com/ – Software. Free trial. Looks very user-friendly and clean.

http://www.taskwriter.com/ –  Online application. Free. Very quick signup and easy to use. In beta.

http://www.veetosoft.com/uOrganized.html – Software. Free trial. Looks very complete with folders, sub-folders and/or tags. Much more.

Additional Resources

If you’d like to see more productivity software including ones you can purchase, you can check out this GTD Software List from Listible.
Check out The Ultimate Getting Things Done Index for RSS feed of many top notch GTD websites all on one page.

Goals On Track – very cool online goal software that integrates well with GTD. “an easy to use, web 2.0 style goal setting, goal tracking, task and time management software that helps you accomplish any goals in life.” It is a pay service, but it’s got a 100% money back guarantee. Hey, if it helps you reach your goals, especially financial ones, it will probably pay for itself many times over.

Please Share Your System!

Please share your Getting Things Done System: ideas, testimonials, and experiences. All comments big and small are very welcomed!

If you found this post valuable, please bookmark on Delicious or your favorite social media. Votes are always noticed and always appreciated! Thank you!

If you want to Support Life Learning Today, you can visit one of my sponsors, make a donation, or visit Amazon on the side of this page. Thank you!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

, , ,

101 Responses to Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List

1. Devilsh June 5, 2007 at 12:48 am #

You forgot an important and excellent GTD implemtation for outlook; Jello Dashboard!

I’ve tried most of these listed and Jello is the only one I found that works for me…

2. Richard June 5, 2007 at 1:06 am #

Well, I’m writing a Windows GTD app and I’d love you to take a look! Right now, the most important thing for me is feedback, so your thoughts would be appreciated.

http://www.tudumo.com or blog at http://blog.tudumo.com

3. agentsully June 5, 2007 at 1:07 am #

Devilsh- thank you for sharing that with us! Hope to see you again soon!

4. Olly June 5, 2007 at 3:43 am #

You forgot the excellent iGTD.

5. Ed Singleton June 5, 2007 at 4:31 am #

For the Mac there’s iGTD and the upcoming OmniFocus.

For Mac and Linux there is the uber-geeky todo.txt

6. gtdfrk June 5, 2007 at 6:12 am #

My GTD system has changed quite a bit since I started “doing” GTD almost 9 months ago. I started on paper, then moved to a hybrid system using my own Excel GTD system and a couple of PocketMods. For now I have settled on a Windows Mobile PDA with Iliumsoft ListPro as my single, portable GTD system. This is actually going back to the basics of GTD, which is keeping everything out of your head and use a fast, fun and flexible list manager to organize and remind yourself of next actions.

BTW, thanks for mentioning my GTD Index. I will add GTD apps that you mentioned here that are not currently listed on my GTD Index page.

7. Stephen June 5, 2007 at 8:13 am #

What a great list, but I would add Accomplice and point your readers to my system at the Weekly Review page.

Thanks!

8. luzi June 5, 2007 at 8:38 am #

Thanks for that great post!

One thing I was always missing in those apps was a no-frills, no-gimmicks scratch paper for the ubiquitous little notes I want to take anywhere and retrieve anywhere else.

that’s why i put up http://shrib.com.

be welcome to check it out!

L.

9. Rich June 5, 2007 at 8:41 am #

Two more for your list:

1) for to do lists.
    for a complete GTD application.

Both are free.

-Rich

10. roy June 5, 2007 at 9:09 am #

My GTD software is MyLife Organized. It was well worth the price with some neat bells and whistles.

11. Peter Leeman June 5, 2007 at 10:08 am #

Must check out as the ultimate and complete GTD system for Mac OS X. I have found it to have the best sync out there. It also includes an excellent Quicksilver module to boot!

12. Suzanne June 5, 2007 at 10:42 am #

I’ve been using the Mac app Ghost Action for about 5 months. It’s free, and it’s a very simple application. Jacob, the always-responsive developer, works hard to keep it streamlined and not let it stray from basic GTD principles. It syncs automatically with iCal.

13. AgentSully June 5, 2007 at 10:48 am #

Wow! Thank you everyone for sharing your GTD tools of choice!

These other tools look really cool! I’m going to check them all out today.

At the end of the day, I will update this post with all the additional tools that people mention here in the comments.

Thank you and please continue to add!

PS: I’ve used Remember the Milk so it’s ironic I forgot it. Sorry about that. It’s a good one and I will add it to the update.

14. Adam Teece June 5, 2007 at 10:52 am #

Not sure if you have tried iGTD, but it looks quite promising.

15. Geoff June 5, 2007 at 11:24 am #

Don’t forget Vitalist! Probably the best and most complete GTD system out there!

16. JR June 5, 2007 at 11:43 am #

Don’t forget about Vitalist.

17. Rami June 5, 2007 at 11:50 am #

You missed http://WorkHack.com

18. Emily June 5, 2007 at 12:17 pm #

Vitalist is amazing for GTD and includes mobile, RSS, contexts, prioritization, reminders, iCal, and more. Totally free too! I’ve been using it for months and wouldn’t touch anything else at this point.

19. Binny V A June 5, 2007 at 1:12 pm #

Try Nexty – a simple web based GTD tool

20. Scott Brenner June 5, 2007 at 2:35 pm #

How about Remember the Milk? It offers great list management, smart lists, RSS, and Google Calendar/iCal integration. Plus you can email or IM new tasks.

In my book it should be a contender for winning.

21. Josh June 5, 2007 at 4:20 pm #

I quite like http://www.paystage.net also….

22. Matt June 5, 2007 at 4:37 pm #

Don’t forget Hiveminder! People always forget Hiveminder but I’ve found it much more useful than Vitalist and RTM.

23. claude larochelle June 5, 2007 at 6:22 pm #

I’ve tried many gtd applications and I always come back to my faithful Excel spreadsheet that I keep tweaking to my heart’s content.
    In my file, I have these separate sheets (with bottom, colored tags): stuff-in, immediate actions asap, recurring tasks, calendar, tickler /someday maybe, delegate & wait for, reference, goals.
    For each sheet, I have the columns I deem useful:
    -immediate actions: date, priority, action, detail, context, duration ,effort
    – recurring tasks: recurrence, days to, next date, last date, priority, action, detail ,context, duration , effort.
    -etc.
    “I” choose my fonts, colors, date formats, sorts, macros …
    Whenever I want, I print any sheet condensed on a single sheet of paper.
    Hard to beat!!!

24. David Hollingworth June 5, 2007 at 6:33 pm #

Some much choice!

My favourite is My Life Organized from http://www.mylifeorganized.net. It has everything I need for a full GTD implementation, masses of features and hugely flexible. If you haven’t tried it yet then I recommend you give it a shot.

25. AgentSully June 5, 2007 at 8:52 pm #

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments. Please keep them coming.

I will be updating this post shortly with all your suggestions!

@Claude – I love to use Excel for all kinds of tracking projects too because it is so easy to customize. Never tried it for GTD yet thought. Your system sounds great!

26. Mark June 5, 2007 at 10:20 pm #

GTD for business. Tasks lists, online docs and spreadsheets.

27. Bill June 6, 2007 at 1:10 am #

You left out Kinkless:

28. Danil Negrienko June 6, 2007 at 9:47 am #

In reviews in my blog I see of advantages and disadvantsges of GTD systems

29. bc June 6, 2007 at 1:36 pm #

Great list — but calling some of the software you list “complete GTD systems” seems a stretch. They have the potential to be a system.
    Now, if you want something which integrates with Outlook, allows you to create Contexts and organize those into Projects, uses Next Actions, Resources, and Review items, and has an active and growing user community, try Jello.Dashboard.
    That is a complete GTD system.

30. shankar ram June 7, 2007 at 12:18 am #

After trying out most of the GTD apps available, I’m(currently!) in favour of pyGTD.
    GTD Nirvana with plain text files! Not mentioned here!?

31. Valentin June 7, 2007 at 6:03 am #

Another paper tool: Greendoc. Which is a online text processing tool.

32. agentsully June 7, 2007 at 11:14 pm #

Thanks everyone for the comments. I’ve taken a brief look at all of these suggested applications. I intended to update this post sooner with everyone’s suggestions. It is in process! In the meantime, if anyone has more suggestions, let’s hear ‘em!

33. Oriol June 8, 2007 at 3:50 am #

I’m using MonkeyGTD because is a really nice application that permit organize my ‘next action’ paradigm very easy and it’s an online and offline application. This is great because always I can access to my information.

To mantain lists, like: wish list, films to watch, books to read, list of the purchase,etc. I use Gubb.

34. agentsully June 9, 2007 at 10:02 am #

Thanks Oriol!

35. byron June 13, 2007 at 3:58 pm #

Hi, AgentSully!

I’m a big fan of GTD and your list is great. There’s so much stuff out there. I wanted to add SugarDo.com (yet another todo list) to the list for your consideration. It’s a project I’ve been working on. I want to harden it a bit and release the code to Open Source eventually if folks like it.
    Best regards,
    Byron

36. Luca June 15, 2007 at 7:06 am #

For those Blackberry users out there, I have been thrilled with:

ToDoMatrix – for all projects and next actions

IdeaMatrix – for all note taking

Both gave Google-like text searching to put your hands on any information quickly. There is automatic backup to a web server, so in case you lose your PDA, you don’t lose your valuable data. I can’t recommend it more highly.

37. agentsully June 24, 2007 at 3:59 pm #

Hi Byron – SugarDo looks nice!

Luca – thanks for adding that info.

38. Jeff August 10, 2007 at 8:01 am #

Another very promising GTD app for the mac: Things from Cultured Code. Even has teamwork functionality!

39. km October 31, 2007 at 3:03 am #

great list of GTD application. Worth to bookmark for future references

40. suicidalsam November 20, 2007 at 7:35 pm #

Vitalist has to be the my favorite GDT tool. plus it is free to use. :)

41. Mike January 13, 2008 at 8:20 pm #

thanks for the list. I like Vitalist but will definitely give a few of these a try.

42. Leo January 19, 2008 at 11:32 am #

Try 5pm – a great tasks organizer. The interface is the best I’ve found so far. Very "glance-able" – everything on one screen, with all the features within a click.

43. Windows Desktop Todo List February 29, 2008 at 10:35 am #

I would like to recommend FruitfulTime TaskManager.

44. bhutan web host March 17, 2008 at 4:10 am #

Nice list you put up here.
    Me, I like the Gmail Firefox extension!
    Kinda cool.

45. Kevin Crenshaw March 23, 2008 at 2:08 am #

Priacta now has an exhaustive, interactive GTD software comparison list online:

Interactive GTD Software Comparison Table

You can filter by operating system or platform, see what syncs with what, sort by price or last release date or advanced features, etc. Includes video links, and you can recommend new titles on the site.

46. Kevin Crenshaw March 23, 2008 at 2:12 am #

Oh, and one GTD software title you might want to add here:

Trog Bar auto-prioritizing task/email sidebar for Outlook

47. david April 2, 2008 at 5:28 am #

This review is almost a year old but just wanted to thank you for mentioning our site myTodos. Even though we didn’t make your favorites list we certainly appreciate the exposure. We hope to earn that spot someday as well as a full GTD classification. Thank you so much.

48. agentsully April 3, 2008 at 11:31 pm #

@David – I should probably do an update of this post or a new one. I looked at myTodos again today. It really is a super awesome application. And I love the notebook feel to it! Nice work!

49. DanGTD April 16, 2008 at 9:41 am #

For implementing GTD you can use http://www.gtdagenda.com

You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.

50. agentsully April 25, 2008 at 4:34 pm #

@DanGTD – thanks for sharing your link. I added it above. It’s a very nice application you developed!

51. Kate Hudson April 26, 2008 at 12:41 am #

I use http://goalorganiser.com an application I created based on the gtd system but more tailored to the way I think about things. I prefer it to other gtd apps because it automatically prioritises next actions for me so I don’t neglect any of my goals.

52. agentsully April 27, 2008 at 10:19 am #

@Kate – thanks for sharing the link to this application. Looks nice.

53. Todd V May 13, 2008 at 1:15 am #

There is also Ready-Set-Do! — a comprehensive file system approach to getting things done on the mac.

Ready-Set-Do! Creator

54. AA May 19, 2008 at 8:29 am #

bCal 5 from Babya will be GTD application and is free.
    -A.A. Fussy (bCal creator”

55. agentsully May 21, 2008 at 12:08 pm #

@AA -what’s the link?

56. AA May 25, 2008 at 1:05 am #

The link to the product page is:

57. Colin June 4, 2008 at 9:18 am #

Wow, thanks so much. This is the first time I’ve encountered your site and it is possibly the most well organized, comprehensive, and helpful page I’ve ever seen anywhere on the internet. I look forward to exploring further. Keep up the good work.

58. agentsully June 7, 2008 at 5:24 pm #

@Colin -wow! That was a very kind compliment! Thank you so much! Glad to have you visit, find so much value and let me know about it!! Hope to see you here more!

59. Mike June 27, 2008 at 10:02 am #

Nice list!

However, you should put there uOrganized. Very nice application, easy to use…and has all the major features. I’m using it for about 3 months and i’m very pleased.

What differs from other GTD apps is the grouping feature (like Tudumo but more powerful) and the filtering options.

60. Vio June 29, 2008 at 6:24 am #

fast and simple GTD web app

61. Scott Karstetter July 1, 2008 at 10:50 pm #

Smart To-Do List (www.smarttodolist.com) is a Microsoft Windows based application designed to easily capture all of your to-do items.

There are a couple of things that make this software unique from other to-do list applications. One is that it has keyboard command based options, i.e. anything that can be done with a mouse, can be done with the keyboard alone. Another thing that differentiates it from other to-do applications is the ability to save a list as a template to be re-used later. Of course you can also filter, prioritize, and tag to-do items as necessary.

The main thing I was trying to achieve with this application was simplicity. For example, to add a task, you only need to type the task and press enter (you can optionally tag it).

Please visit: http://www.smarttodolist.com

62. agentsully July 9, 2008 at 8:59 pm #

@Scott – thanks for posting your link!

63. agentsully July 11, 2008 at 4:40 pm #

@Vio – thanks for adding that link for everyone!

64. agentsully July 11, 2008 at 4:46 pm #

@Mike -thanks for that addition!

65. Peter August 6, 2008 at 4:40 pm #

If you like tiddlywiki based GTD apps you may enjoy:
    – Monkey GTD
    – d3
    or
    – RC GTD

Peter

66. agentsully August 12, 2008 at 8:29 pm #

@Peter -thanks for the additions!

67. Tom August 25, 2008 at 11:09 am #

Check out this one! We rolled our own, out of frustration about the existing solutions. listo delivers:
    – Native clients on Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac and iPhone
    – Easy install and removal, just unzip, clean and small
    – Sync over-the-air between your clients

Give it a try! Thanks

Tom

68. Bart Nelis September 19, 2008 at 1:04 pm #

Hi, an impressive list indeed.
    Personally I use Natara Bonsai wich runs on Palm and windows. A windows mobile version will be available in some time I’ve read.

Bonsai is an outliner, so you have some freedom to implement GTD the way you like best.
    I did it this way: at the top level i have: work projects, personal projects, second job projects and ‘checklists’. Under these items I have my projects (except for checklists). An Item in bonsai can be either ‘simple’ (that i use for reference materials), ‘to do’ which i use for ‘actions’ because it has a checkbox in the interface and ‘tasks’ wich is the type I use for projects because it has a progress bar. Further on you can have up to 15 categories (typical of Palm) those I use for contexts.
    My next actions is always the first item under a project. Natara Bonsai has several filtering capabilities (including showing only the first action), those I use for pulling together my lists for any given context. Also due dates, and estimated time (custom field) and Contact can be entered as attributes of an outline item. I fill contact for every item that has ‘waiting for’ as a category.

69. Andrew Macdonald September 22, 2008 at 1:25 am #

Hi agentsully – if your in-basket is not full, you may like to look at TaskMerlin :-) See also http://www.taskmerlin.com/gtd.aspx for a guide to applying GTD within TaskMerlin.

70. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:02 pm #

@Andrew – Thanks. I’ll check it out. Thanks for the link.

71. agentsully October 2, 2008 at 6:05 pm #

@Bart – thanks for the addition!

72. BCoelho2000 March 3, 2009 at 2:10 pm #

First: Thank you for this awesome list of cool GTD apps.

Anyone knows a GTD app that tracks your task’s status history over time? Ex: Day 1: Not Started; Day 2: In Progress; Day 3: Completed

Thanks!

73. Andrew March 10, 2009 at 3:24 am #

One more software application for your list:

Probably the simplest.

74. Mitch Gordon June 29, 2009 at 12:00 pm #

I’ve just published Funky ToDo at http://www.funkytools.com. It’s a free, full-featured GTD application.

• agentsully July 8, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

@Mitch Gordon – thanks for adding your new GTD application! Can’t wait to check it out!

75. Ted taken on task July 12, 2009 at 5:26 pm #

Did you consider the HyperOffice task manager?

76. Nick Warren July 29, 2009 at 6:50 pm #

(Optimistically!!) looking for a solution that works on Windows (ideally with Outlook 2007), Mac, online web version and app for the iPhone…of course it must be GTD compliant, with the capability to nest projects/tasks, and keep all the data sources in sync!!

While surfing off this web site, I discovered Easy Task Manager…looks like it covers much of what I need – perhaps not the complete Outlook integration though.

Anyone else use this…I can’t see it in the list above yet? Any other thoughts? Is it completely GTD compliant?

77. RationalPlan Marketing December 15, 2009 at 8:16 am #

RationalPlan Multi Project By Stand By Soft is a great alternative to Microsoft Project with some extra-features like multiproject management. The application is covering project management area from WBS construction, project planning and scheduling to critical path management, overallocated resources detection, progress tracking, cost estimation, etc. Gantt chart support as well as various time line reports are also provided.

78. iphone development January 2, 2010 at 2:50 am #

Very nice! You’re pretty smart,I was searching for similar information. Thanks for it and i promise that i will be visiting here often from now !

79. iphone development January 9, 2010 at 8:07 pm #

Nice article! Great resource thanks for the list.

Check out http://www.PhoneFreelancer.com if you have an app idea or if your looking for iphone development jobs!

• agentsully January 11, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

@iphone development. – thanks for the link. good luck. How much does an application cost to develop? What is the range? thanks.

80. needian June 22, 2010 at 12:00 am #

Needian (http://www.needian.com) is the only app for windows mobile that has been developed for being used just with your fingers (Iphone style) and that implements GTD phases directly. It has three main tabs:

1. Collect: allows processing email converting it into tasks and appoinments;

2. Review: allows visualize actions by projects, persons, tools or places selecting which of them must be done today;

3. Work: shows a list of today tasks (selected in step 2), last calls linked with the actions related to the caller, or actions related to a place that you visit.

Best,

Needian team.

81. Needian - Organize in 1,2,3 June 30, 2010 at 4:37 am #

Needian – Organize in 1,2,3 is a great alternative for Windows Mobile devices. It integrates well with Outlook or Jello Dashboard. It provides collection integration, project progress tracking and a very usable interface.

82. victor June 14, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

Simple To-Do Lists:
    getaak.appspot.com

83. Kumar August 13, 2012 at 6:49 pm #

I believe you have missed one good task management tool, Asana.

1. GTD Software List & GTD Calendar! | zen habits - June 4, 2007

[...] Life Learning Today: Cool GTD Applications – Ultimate Resource List [...]

2. My Get Things Done List » Blog Archive » GTD Software List & GTD Calendar! [zen habits] - June 5, 2007

[...] Life Learning Today: Cool GTD Applications – Ultimate Resource List [...]

3. links for 2007-06-06 at DeStructUred Blog - June 5, 2007

[...] Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List (tags: GTD Applications List Software) [...]

4. oriolrius lifestream » Cool GTD Applications - The Ultimate Resource List - June 6, 2007

[...] Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List [...]

5. GTD Essentials « Daily PlanIt - June 6, 2007

[...] Life Learning Today Cool GTD applications [...]

6. Tudumo: Getting Things Done at the Speed of Life! - June 15, 2007

[...] About InvestingMaximum Energy in 10 Simple Steps How to Nap at Work – or Anyplace You Need a RestCool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List3 Tips to Landing the Job You WantThe Four Most Powerful WordsMake Money with Your Blog: The [...]

7. The Poor College Kid » Motivation, Waking up early and getting things done - June 29, 2007

[...] you are to consider the tips mentioned above, then you will find this list of Cool GTD (Getting Things Done) Applications quite useful. An Ultimate resource list of Paper tools or downloads, if you’re serious about [...]

8. Overcome Procrastination Once and For All | Remember, don't forget... - July 20, 2007

[...] K. Stone is author of Life Learning Today, a blog about daily life improvements. A few of her most popular articles are Ultimate Goal Setting Guide, Wrestling with Your Goals?, How to Write a Book in 60 Days or Less, Decision Making Made Easy, and Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List. [...]

9. The Slife Labs Blog » GTD and Productivity - August 31, 2007

[...] what are your thoughts? Are you a GTD fan? Do you use any of the many GTD apps out there? Would you like an application that actually blocks access to sites and applications [...]

10. 8 ToolBlog 2f » Noch eine "ultimative" Liste 47 - November 2, 2007

[...] nicht herum. Und hier ist wieder eine solche "endgültige" Liste: Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List. Ob diese Aufstellung wirklich die größte, beste, umfassenste ist, vermag ich nicht z [...]

11. links for 2007-11-30 « wimac | project - November 29, 2007

[...] Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List (tags: gtd productivity lifehacks organization) [...]

12. My Get Things Done List » Blog Archive » Noch eine “ultimative” Liste [ToolBlog] - August 8, 2009

[...] "ultimate" nicht herum. Hier ist wieder eine solche "endgültige" Liste: Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List. Ob diese Aufstellung wirklich die größte, beste, umfassenste ist, vermag ich nicht zu [...]

13. Bookmarks for June 7th through June 12th — Fluctuations - June 12, 2010

[...] Last found linksCool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List | Life Learning TodaywdCalendar jquery pluginsPart 1: Real ChristianityTeach Yourself Programming in Ten YearsSoftware [...]

14. The Two F-Words You Should Love - December 20, 2012

[...] Big Secrets “They” Don’t Want You to Know About Investing, Give Yourself a Raise Today!, and Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List. [...]

15. 6 Core Components of Getting Things Done - July 15, 2013

[...] Cool GTD Applications – The Ultimate Resource List | Life Learning … – Getting Things Done Getting Things Done by David Allen details a fantastic system for getting organized, reducing stress and improving your productivity in a. [...]