Amazingly Simple Diet – That Works!

Diet Burnout

If you’ve tried everything and you’re sick of counting calories or points, remembering which foods to eat, and so on, then this is the diet for you.

Vegetables

Introducing “The Half Diet”

This is a very simple diet with minimal rules. Here they are:

1. At any given meal only eat HALF of what you would normally eat.
  2. You can eat any kind of food you want.
  3. You can eat UNLIMITED green, orange and yellow vegetables – assuming they are not drowned in fats.
  4. Optional Success strategy: eat fruit instead of processed foods for snacks.
  5. Optional Success strategy: walk briskly for 20-30 minutes a day. Can be broken up into 10 minute chunks throughout the day.

That’s it. I’ve seen this diet work. It’s simple and very portable. Restaurants? No problem. Just eat HALF. Ask for steamed veggies to fill up on. If you follow this simple plan, you should be able to lose weight since you will only be eating half of what you normally eat.

No diet is easy, but at least with this one you won’t have to think too much. Another key to success with this diet is to take smaller bites and eat more slowly. This way you won’t feel like you ate less. Wishing you much success!

As always eat lots of fruits and veggies. To make eating fruits and veggies easier, why not blend them into a smoothie? I can’t recommend anything more highly than a VitaMix blender. It’s a little pricey, but they last a lifetime and they make eating healthy a breeze. I love mine!

Fruits

Please share your comments, experiences, and tips on Dieting. All comments big and small are very welcomed!

If you found this post valuable, please SHARE THIS below with a Digg, Stumble or Delicious bookmark. Votes are always noticed and always appreciated!

10 Responses to Amazingly Simple Diet – That Works!

1. Sharon May 19, 2007 at 7:27 pm #

Earlier this year I started the “eat half take the rest home” concept because I am a big fan of eating out.

And I was actually surprised that as time passed by, that the “half” became a “third” and a “quarter” because my body was adjusting to the changes.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a tutorial on WordPress!

2. AgentSully May 19, 2007 at 11:08 pm #

Hi Sharon, Thanks for sharing that. It’s like any habit, you really only have to work at it in the beginning and then it becomes automatic. Good for you!

3. Ronna November 14, 2007 at 5:32 pm #

I never have had much luck with dieting. It seems to be so easy to say, “OK, it’s time.” It’s even easy to get started. The first few days seem easy enough, but as time goes on it gets harder and harder for me to stay on my designated regiment. I find that pre-packaging my meals has helped tremendously. This way you have more control over your portion size. This has seemed to work for me fairly well. It does get easier and easier once you have become adjusted to the particular portion size that you have set. Hope this suggestion helps.

4. Scotty February 3, 2008 at 9:04 pm #

Now that’s a great post. So simple, yet so profound. This is essentially what I started doing about 4 months ago, losing 30 lbs. and cutting my body fat from 28% to 11%. I have chronicled everything on my own weight loss blog. I would love for you to check it out.

Thanks,

Scotty

5. Dre March 15, 2008 at 2:06 pm #

Dieting is never easy. Thanks for sharing this tip. It is hard for me to keep up and I don’t want to give up my favorite foods to stay fit.

6. andrew bradley April 11, 2008 at 2:15 pm #

nice blog you have here, i just started a blog with dieting advice and tips if you’d like to check it out its at http://easydietoptions.wordpress.com cheers.
    p.s. i gave you a digg for this post 🙂

7. Temas De Belleza July 1, 2008 at 12:36 pm #

I´ve never heard about this diet before, maybe I´ll give it a try.
    Thanks for the tip.

8. Arif Mohd Adham December 17, 2008 at 3:27 pm #

As for me, i believe that your body will react automatically with your needs of food. Islam tells us to only eat when you feel hungry and stop eating before you get full. And also maintain 1/3 food, 1/3 water and 1/3 air. I believe that these principles are what matters most. So, do not too strict on planning your diet. Eat whatever you feel pleasure to your mouth and stomach as long as it clean, nutricious and healthy. Doesnt matter, fat or protein or carbo. All are essential to your body.

9. Diet recipes January 29, 2009 at 3:48 pm #

you have a nice blog i offer also some diet recipes at my blog. I think this diet will work fine for many people.

10. islam February 3, 2013 at 4:32 am #

Excellent article, well compiled and simple to understand. Thanks.